Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis A Simple Guide (for Act I) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Simple Guide (for Act I) 5 Votes - Average Rating: 2.805 Votes - Average Rating: 2.805 Votes - Average Rating: 2.80
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Attention A Simple Guide (for Act I) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Disclaimer: I am not a know-it-all (meaning: I do not yet know all there is to know about building a character). This guide is for level 1 – 20 players.

Also, I tried to include a little bit of everything, that's why it's so long.

If any information is incorrect, please leave the correction in a reply. Your opinions are welcome but won't be added to this original post.

And I also talk about Underworld. I was confused when I first came to the forum because I didn't know whether a thread was about UW or Necro, so I tried to make my guide as clear as possible.

Simple Guide for Act I

First, click on the Training link after you log in.
You’ll have 1000 points of progress (pop) to train (increase) nine parameters (stats).
Each parameter is equally important for questing, so train each stat equally with the 1000 pop.

--> Parameters <--

Second, click on the Begin a quest link.
You’ll have to complete each parameter quest in the:
Vicinity of the City (easy – maximum 90% chance of success) in order to unlock:
Far Journeys (normal – maximum 80% chance of success) and complete each parameter quest in Far Journeys in order to unlock:
Pilgrimages into the Wastelands (hard – maximum 70% chance of success).

Pilgrimages into the Wastelands must be completed in sequence:
- agility
- appearance
- toughness
- charisma
- strength
- knowledge
- intelligence

You must complete them in that exact order, meaning until you successfully “find” agility and succeed, the next parameter (appearance) will not appear in the Wastelands.

In easy quests, 1 stat point = +3% chance of success; you’ll need 30 strength to have a 90% chance of success.
If you have Luck (from your racial trait or items), 5 Luck = +3% chance of success.
You may only find a maximum of one normal (or slightly upgraded [+1] in Underworld) item per quest.

Example (Necro): Cap
Example (UW): Cap (+1)

In normal quests, 1 stat point = +2% chance of success; you’ll need 40 strength to have an 80% chance of success.
If you have Luck, 5 Luck = +2% chance of success.
You may only find a maximum of two normal or good (or slightly upgraded [+3] in Underworld) items per quest.

Example (Necro): Cap, Good Cap
Example (UW): Cap (+3), Good Cap (+2)

In hard quests, 1 stat point = +1% chance of success; you’ll need 70 strength to have a 70% chance of success.
If you have Luck, 5 Luck = +1% chance of success.
You may only find a maximum of three normal, good or perfect (or considerably upgraded [+5] in Underworld) items per quest.

Example (Necro): Cap, Good Cap, Perfect Cap
Example (UW): Cap (+2), Good Cap (+5), Perfect Cap

--> Quests <--

Luck increases the chance to find a prefixed (Tiger’s, Hawk’s, etc)/suffixed (Fox, Bat, etc) item and more items during a quest.
Luck also increases the chance to find better quality (good or perfect) in Necropolis.

Example: Perfect Tiger's Cap, Good Hawk's Amulet of Levitation

--> Luck <--

Note: Higher zones (1 - 5, 1 being the best) have better items.
You also gain more experience (EXP/XP) and blood for each successful quest in higher zones.

In Necropolis, you have to rely on finding good/perfect/prefixed/suffixed items.
You can't create (upgrade, merge) better items.
If you want to pass quests and find valuable items, max your stats and use items with effect +# Luck.

I do not know much about Underworld, but you can upgrade normal items with bloodstones and also merge items with mergestones ...you don't have to rely on finding items "as much", but you will need tons stones.

--> Well of Souls (UW) <--

When you reach level 15 and have built (or siege a square for) the Old Market, you can buy “low-level” items via auction (Underworld) with stones (and junk perhaps) or trading (Necropolis) with junk/pop.
You may also auction or trade high-requirement items that you cannot equip for low-requirement items and stones(UW)/pop(Necro).

--> Buildings <--

Junk is converted in the Shop using Lgo (money).
You lose 50% of your Lgo to convert to junk in Necropolis but not in Underworld.
You should really only convert Lgo if you’re ambushed and lose often (you lose 30% Lgo per loss).

--> Resources <--

Now, I will explain each Race and its effect on quests.

The Absorber has +5% easiness (stat requirements lowered by +5%) which is helpful if you want to equip items that has positive effects (Agility +6, Reputation +4, etc). Unfortunately, the Absorber has Bloodmagic which does not increase any of the parameters therefore is useless during quest.

The Beastmaster has Beast Lore: Bloodfrenzy increases strength, and Beast’s Hide increases toughness which allow you to focus on increasing the other seven parameters using items (not pop).

The Cultist has Rituals: Cat’s Path increases agility and allows you to focus on increasing the other eight parameters using items (not pop). Also, a Cultist has the racial trait +5 Luck (+3/+2/+1 chance of success easy/normal/hard quests).

The Thoughtcatcher has Manipulations: Mask of Adonis increases charisma, and Mask of Caligula increases reputation which allow you to focus on increasing the other seven parameters using items (not pop). Also, a Thoughtcatcher has the racial trait +10 Luck (+6/+4/+2 chance of success easy/normal/hard quests).

Summary:
- Absorbers should not use arcana during quests (or in defense because most players do not use their arcana when attacking Absorbers, BUT if you have tons of blood, use Silence of Blood to block arcana because players may think you’re not using it).
- Do not substitute your arcana for increasing certain stats (meaning if you're a Cultist, do not stop increasing agility in Training because you can use Cat's Path).
- Thoughtcatchers are arguably better "questers" in Act I because of +10 Luck.
But in Act II (level 50+), Absorbers have an arcana (Power of Blood) which increases Luck +2 per level of arcana (5 arcana = +10 Luck).
-- Just to be clear, Thoughtcatchers need less stats for chance of success during quests...
--- In the Vicinity of the City, "Catchers" need 24 stat points for a 90% chance of success, whereas Cultists need 27 and Absorbers/Beastmasters need 30.

I personally chose to be an Absorber because of the +5% easiness
...equipping gear at a lower level can be very important for each part of the game (especially completing construction tasks in higher zones).

--> Races <--
--> Arcana <--

So remember to keep your stats (parameters) equal for questing and use items to increase your stats for ambushing/besieging.

The “best” way to build your character is to be a jack of all trades and a master of none between levels 1 – 20 (zone 5).

Level 20 – 40 (zone 4), you probably should decide if you want to be:
- a “quester” (max out all stats and does not want to level fast)
- “melee fighter” (high agility …and perhaps strength)
- “gunner” (high perception …and perhaps knowledge)
- "ranged" (high agility, perception, (strength for heavy weapons) ...and high-damage gear)
- “tank” (high toughness, reputation, charisma for high HP/defense)
- “hybrid” (a combination of “builds”/”skills”).

Level 40 – 60 (zone 4 and 3), if you seek pop, you want to participate in expeditions (expos).
You’ll have to join a clan to do that though.

Advice Section

The biggest mistake you can (and probably will) make is wasting stones (in UW) or pop (in Necro).
If your stats are maxed out (in Necro), do not waste your pop buying (trading for) items you really do not need.
We all want better items but don’t need everything that we want.
The difference between a good shirt of xxx and a perfect shirt of xxx could be 1 stat point but will cost you too much pop.
Yes, increasing that same stat point by 1 in Training may cost more pop, but it’s worth it for questing.
Stay as close to the “Maximum level of parameters” number as possible.

--> Stay away from the trading forum and auctions <--

Do not focus on reaching level 20, 40, 60, 80, etc ("the top") too quickly.

...find a nice experienced player to guide you through levels 1 - 20 - 40 and a helpful clan that will help you mold yourself into the type of player you want to be.

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-01-2012 21:48.

02-01-2012 08:20 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

first your excellent post that i see from you Big Grin

02-01-2012 17:20 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Son of Sin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol thanks Grizly ...i do enjoy helping others but clearly my constant complaining and spam (especially in-game) outweigh my good deeds.

anyway, if anyone needs any tips, i will try to answer any questions or find answers for you. the biggest problem i've seen on this forum (or from the people on this forum) is searching for answers. vague answers don't help everyone ...some people need (several) examples or images (in-game reports).

i read this a lot:
2) Luck Increases the chance for successful quest. Every 5 lucks adds +3/+2/+1 % respectively.

it's very simple AFTER you get it ...but hard to understand if no one explains it (to me anyway)

if you go into the Vicinity of the City with each stat at 20 and +18 Luck, your chance of success will be 23 Absorber/Beastmaster, 24 Cultist, and 25 Thoughtcatcher.
explanation:
- 18 divided by 5 = 3
- (23) 18 + 5 (+5 Luck Cultist racial trait) divided by 5 = 4
- (28-) 18 + 10 (+10 Luck Thoughtcatcher racial trait) divided by 5 = 5
- add 20 + 3 = 23, 20 + 4 = 24, 20 + 5 = 25
...those are chances of success for each Race with the stats and Luck i gave in my example above.

also remember, each Race (except Absorber) may use arcana to increase certain stats by 1 per level of arcana used for questing.
items with effect +# % Blood Points are nice finds to increase the amount of blood you can use for arcana.

IGN: Son Of Sin
02-01-2012 22:22 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis A Simple Guide (for Act I)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH