Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » General Tutorial (edits)... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Tutorial (edits)... 9 Votes - Average Rating: 4.009 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Tutorial (edits)... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Expeditions

since regular users can't edit the tutorial, i'm posting my edits to this thread.
please allow multi-posting for each Tutorial page I add edits for, thanks.

i'm not sure how Act III effects expo mobs (if a player is above max optimal level, the opponent is 10% stronger per player level?)

and someone was telling me that in Act II, if you're below/above the optimal level, you gain exp (which is true), but 10% is deducted per level ...is this accurate?

do you only gain divided exp from HP and no player level bonus?

example: Red Dragon's 5000 HP divided among a 3-member team = 1666 exp each, level 70 player receives 1666 exp but not 700 exp because player is over optimal level of 63. is this how it works?

this is the part i'm asking about :
Character level modifiers. Each opponent has a level cap beyond which players gain less experience points. For every character's level that is: lower or higher (on Necropolis type realms) higher (on Underworld type realms) than the limit the character gains 10% xp less.

oh and i spell organize with a z and honor without an u, that can be corrected, but my spell checker flags organise and honour

Expeditions (Expo) ...my edited version

Organizing an expedition:

1. You must be a member of a clan

2. You may join only one (1) expedition per day (between 00:00 and 23:59)
2.1. You cannot start an expedition until the expedition you’ve joined finishes.

3. You may start only one expedition every two (2) days
3.1. You cannot join an expedition until the expedition you’ve started finishes.

4. You must use honor points and people (resource) to start an expedition.
4.1. For each clan member who applies you must pay:
4.1.1. Number of honor points = player’s level
4.1.2. Number of people (resource) = player’s level * 50

5. Any clan member may apply to join an expedition, but only the expedition organizer can accept, decline or ignore applicants.

6. You must select or choose to use arcana before you start and join an expedition.
6.1. Blood (if you selected arcana) will be returned if your application is declined/ignored by the expedition organizer.

7. More than one (1) expedition may be started in one (1) clan every day.

Locations:

1. There are 17 locations.
1.1. There are 1 – 3 types of opponents (normal, difficult, extremely difficult)

2. Each location has a (permanent) maximum number of teams that may enter.
2.1. The maximum amount of teams that may enter a location is determined by how many opponents are in a location.
3.1. If there are 20 opponents inside, only 20 teams may enter. If another team wants to enter a location, the team must wait until a team fails or resurrect additional opponents.

4. Each opponent has (not entirely) random stats (parameters) depending on its' level.

5. Each opponent has special attacks which may be activated in certain circumstances.
5.1. example: if a opponent’s HP is less than 50%, it may use special attacks, but it may also decide not to use special attacks.

Rewards for the expo leader:

1. If you (solo) or your team defeats a beast, you receive a random item.
1.1. Depending on the opponent, you may get a random item with a random prefix and/or suffix. These items will always have a magical property (except for guns and ranged weapons which may only have a suffix).
1.2. The more powerful the opponent, the higher the item’s quality (good, perfect, legendary good/perfect)

2. In Underworld, a defeated beast may also drop stones (more and better stones for more difficult opponents)

3. If the expo leader strikes the death blow, he/she receives a badge/medal, opens the next location, and ignores 10% of the defeated opponent’s defense in future expeditions.
3.1. Each vampire may only possess 17 badges (you won’t receive another badge for defeating a beast more than once).

Experience:

1. Gained experience depends on a beast’s HP
1.1. If a White Dragon has 1000 HP, 1000 exp is divided among an expo team
1.2. 2-member team gets 500 exp each
1.3. 3-member team gets 333 exp each
1.4. 4-member team gets 250 exp each

2. Gained experience depends on player level
2.1. Level 20 * 10 = 200 exp
2.2. Level 40 * 10 = 400 exp
2.3. Level 80 * 10 = 800 exp

3. Leader bonus is doubled
3.1. Level 20 * 10 * 2 = 400 exp
3.2. Level 40 * 10 * 2 = 800 exp
3.3. Level 80 * 10 * 2 = 1600 exp

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-17-2012 03:40.

02-16-2012 06:23 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Son of Sin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Parameters

Parameters

STRENGTH
Increases damage of melee and certain ranged weapons, and also allows you to equip heavy items

AGILITY
Influences chance to hit with melee and ranged weapons (in case of ranged, agility is combined with perception), and also allows you to dodge strikes.
Higher agility allows you to strike first during a siege
- (if your agility is higher than your opponent’s agility, other factors, such as luck and chance to hit, influence this also)

TOUGHNESS
Melee weapon damage is decreased by 50% of Toughness + Defense
Gun damage is decreased by 50% of Toughness
Ranged weapon damage is decreased by 25% of Toughness + Defense

APPEARANCE
Only required to construct certain buildings and to equip items

CHARISMA
Helps in defense (increases HP if you’ve built the Police Station and Garrison) against spies and ambushes

A measure of your knowledge of the underworld and ability to “influence” people's decisions
Crucial for a successful espionage and helps during an ambush on a neighbor (increases HP if you’ve built the Bodyguard Agency and Arm Shop)

PERCEPTION
Helps to avoid an ambush, shoot guns more accurately and dodge bullets.
Higher perception allows you to strike first during a siege
- (if your perception is higher than your opponent’s perception, other factors, such as luck and chance to hit, influence this also)

INTELLIGENCE
Required to construct certain buildings and to equip powerful weapons

KNOWLEDGE
Required to construct certain buildings and to equip items
Gun damage is increased by 1/3 of Knowledge
3 Knowledge = +1 gun damage
9 Knowledge = +3 gun damage
27 Knowledge = +9 gun damage
81 Knowledge = +27 gun damage

question about Strength and Ranged weapons: does strength increase damage for all ranged weapons or certain suffixes (added in Effects)?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-17-2012 03:11.

02-16-2012 09:45 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Quests

Quests

Quests Difficulty

Underworld:
Vicinity of the City (easy quests) – normal or slightly upgraded items
Far Journeys (normal quests) – slightly upgraded items
Pilgrimages into the Wastelands (hard quests) – considerably upgraded items

Necropolis:
Vicinity of the City (easy quests) – normal items
Far Journeys (normal quests) – normal and good items
Pilgrimages into the Wastelands (hard quests) normal, good and perfect items

You must complete all nine (9) easy quests before you unlock all nine (9) normal quests.
You must complete all normal quests before you unlock the first hard quest (agility).
Hard quests must be completed in a predetermined sequence.
In Act I, you must complete all nine (9) hard quests in the order listed below.

Sequence of hard quests
• Agility
• Appearance
• Toughness
• Charisma
• Strength
• Knowledge
• Intelligence

Quests are randomly assigned and may be completed in any order with the exception of hard quests in which order of quests is essential.
If you complete all hard quests, you will be able to do them in any sequence.

Chance of Success

Chance of success depends on 3 factors:
1. Character level
1.1. Every time you level up, your chance decreases -5% (easy), -3% (normal), -1% (hard)

2. Tested parameter (related to experience level)

3. Luck
3.1 Every 5 Luck adds +3 (easy), +2 (normal), +1 (hard)
3.2 50 Luck would add +30 (easy), +20 (normal), +10 (hard)

Maximum chance of success:
1. Easy quests: 90%
2. Normal quests: 80%
3. Hard quests: 70%

Chance of success may be increased by:
- Items (which may also decrease chance)
- 3 random parameters gained for each even level (2, 4, 6,8, etc)
- Points of progress (Pop)

Quest % calculation ...this thread confirms chance of success drops each time you level

edit: i copied this from the Act II page to use for the Quests page (Act I)

Vicinity of the City

Maximum chance of success = 90%
1 stat point = +5% success
5 luck = +3% success
Duration = 300 seconds without the shortening / 100 seconds with the shortening
Quality of drop = Normal
Number of dropped items = One
Level up = -5%

with this, i can remove 1.1, 3.1 and 3.2 and the entire maximum chance of success section

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-17-2012 03:04.

02-16-2012 10:31 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

It's nice although would be nice to mark what you have changed. Also by quick look I have noticed you have omitted some of the informations which are in the tutorial. Why?
You expect the current version to replaced by yours?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-16-2012 11:20 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

okay i'll mark changes in red color ...and i didn't omit, some things i don't know enough about to change (or some things didn't need changing), didn't mean to make it look like i was omitting anything.

i'd like for my version to be submitted on the wiki ...i also want to add in-game images on the wiki as well, such as each Race (both male and female), Buildings (both incomplete and complete), maybe images of a set (Runic) as an example on this page, also an image of a disposable item.

i also think links to this forum should be added on wiki pages, the expedition wiki page should have a link to the UW and Necro expo monsters threads ...the task wiki page should have a link to UW and Necro tasks threads ...etc

this way if people don't visit the forum often, but do use the wiki, they can be linked back here

i've been using another wiki to edit for the page codes ...would it be better to send those via e-mail to be revised by a wiki mod rather than add my edits here?

edit:
most edits are only re-wording, should i highlight everything?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 02-17-2012 02:53.

02-17-2012 02:50 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » General Tutorial (edits)...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH