Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » accidental double-click causes 1 hr ban » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page accidental double-click causes 1 hr ban
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
FlashBlade

Registration Date: 09-13-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Vault 13

accidental double-click causes 1 hr ban Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: FlashBlade

Problem description: Accidental double-click resulted in a 1-hour ban!

I am currently in a critical period of gameplay, and while clicking a button I accidentally double-clicked it, and have been banned for 1 hour as a result. Surely this is going a little overboard? I understand the need for bot removal, but this new "Anti-bot II System" needs its parameters adjusted.

Has anyone else been dealt such a harsh penalty for such a simple mistake?

Mods, pls explain.
09-28-2008 20:34 FlashBlade is offline Search for Posts by FlashBlade Add FlashBlade to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes I pressed 'Ambush' banned for an Hour.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
09-28-2008 20:34 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Happens me all the time, rarely get an hour ban though

Just something you gotta be careful with.

09-28-2008 21:12 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

The Anti-bot system never bans players just for 2 clicks. As far as I remember you need to click a link at least 4 times per second.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

09-28-2008 21:35 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

i have been "anti botted" for double clicking... age's ago, but it was only 2 clicks... i think its just a delay or something as stuff sometimes dont open when you click first time, maybe anti bot II should be given a early retirement?? Tongue
anyways.... i just shake the screen if something dont load when i click it Smile along with a side of potty mouth if it does it to much Evil

09-28-2008 23:53 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
FlashBlade

Registration Date: 09-13-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Vault 13

Thread Starter Thread Started by FlashBlade

Hmmmm, thx Evan. I quite often get an hourglass and a pause of a number of seconds after I click something, but will just have to be very careful that I don't double-click something in future.

Flash Smile
09-29-2008 12:56 FlashBlade is offline Search for Posts by FlashBlade Add FlashBlade to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » accidental double-click causes 1 hr ban

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH