Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Pushing ???? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pushing ???? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Question Pushing ???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Questions you might be asking yourself......

Q : What exactly is pushing ????
A : When you try to send stones to someone you know by bidding on items they have put on auction, usually for a lot more than the item is worth.
But is buying an item from a friend for a fair price when they need stones badly and selling it back to them later count as pushing and how can that be policed ????

Q : It is a problem on this server ????
A : Well there are measures put in place to prevent pushing but i dont think anyone has been banned for it, so i dont see it as a problem.
The problem i do see is items duping in auction does nothing to stop pushing and only serves to clog up the auctions with more useless crap.

Q : Can items be pushed ???
A : Before the patch 1.1 you could put items up for 6 hours which gave you a better chance of getting item to clan member/friend before it was noticed, esp if auction ended during the night Smile , it is harder now to make personal trades with people and even if they want to buy something from you it still dosnt guarantee they will win the auction.

Q : ..........

A : ..........

(if you have any info on pushing you would like to add plz do Happy

09-29-2008 15:27 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Q: Is paying "a bit too much" for an item of a player who I don't know also considered pushing?
A: Yes. Generally speaking every item sold for a big amount of stones while it's not worth that much is considered pushing. Also pushing is selling a very good item for a small amount of stones.

Q: I was banned for pushing but I payed the price suggested in the Evaluation section. Why?
A: Evaluations made by players don't always show the true value of an item. Some players may suggest lower prices to get the item cheaply.

That's what came to my mind from Pillory on the polish BW board.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

09-29-2008 16:53 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thats crazy
i just offered someone 3SS for an item
i dont know if its worth that much but i havnt seen one on auction before
so cant even guess at a real price, but how can that be pushing i have the plenty of stones to throw about and i will make the maximum bid i think it is worth to me.
if they want to put a cap on prices then that is something they will have to do from within the game and not through some stupid rule Tongue

I have also bought a very nice item for way lower than it should have been sold for,
it was only up for 6 hours and ended in the wee hours of the morning, i even waited to be sniped at the last minute but got away with the only bid.
I have also missed sniping cheap items at the last minute and they have sold for less than they should have.
Does that mean i have broken some defunct law just because no one out bid me in time ????

As for the second Q
someone needs to be slapped for banning players like that !!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 09-29-2008 17:03.

09-29-2008 17:02 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

In this case I must agree with Azz. If there is no upper limit on items you can't tell us that it was "too much" or "too cheap" if the price is driven by actual market offer and demand.
If I will be selling e.g. Good Elvish Cape and it will be some busy weekend with not much members online and the item will be sold only for 1LS you would consider it as pushing as the usual price is much higher? If yes, who will pay me the rest of the stones? I guess no one, so from this point of view such rule is quite stupid.
If you want to prevent pushing make upper limits for items as are defined for junk and thus you will clearly say whats your opinion for their prices.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
09-29-2008 17:37 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Evangelion
The warning machine

It's not possible to set a maximum price for items because there are 5 different stones used to pay for an item. There is a maximum price in bloodstones but setting a maximum price on other stones makes bigger bids possible (just sum up all the stones of the maximum price)

09-29-2008 18:22 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by Azz420

I have also bought a very nice item for way lower than it should have been sold for,
it was only up for 6 hours and ended in the wee hours of the morning, i even waited to be sniped at the last minute but got away with the only bid.

some items are put up without a min bid.they might be great items but like what happened to azz he was the only bidder so got for a cheaper price than usual.

i woudnt consider that pushing just been lucky by bidding on the right item at the right time.......................

its an auction system we use...

ppl keep bidding on items untill there's a winner.

usuing the auction system of course items are going to go for more or less depending on supply demand and the number of ppl wanting the same item.

the pushing rule needs to be updated or revised alot.

buts thats just my opinion.
09-29-2008 18:46 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

The biggest problem with this entire subject is the environment in which the items are bought and sold. The environment being `An Auction`.

The whole point of an auction is to create an environment for the buyer.

Sellers can set a `reserve price` for an item, and if that reserve isn`t met the item doesn`t get sold, but to set a maximum is impossible, unless all items have a set value e.g. like the junk auctions (which would remove the fun of the auction system). In a buyers market, the maximum value of an item is whatever the buyer is willing to pay for it.

The only way to police the pushing of items for large amounts of stones is to monitor the amount of people bidding on an item. If its only a few bids then pushing is a possibility, if many bidders a genuine auction.

As for buying items below there `retail` value, thats the luck of the draw. If a reserve price wasn`t set, if the auction ends in the early hours when only us insomniacs are bidding and you only get a low bid....tough.

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nosforano: 09-29-2008 19:44.

09-29-2008 19:43 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

i think a way to sort this out would be yo include the players themsleves a bit n the auction reporting, for ex\mple you can only report one thing pe player. currently yit can only be reported once so as a result this would mean a disgruntled bidder who was beaten could report it.

as nos said though, its an auction, how can anyone tell the appropriate price for somethng, its based on supply an demand
09-29-2008 20:02 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Nosforano
The only way to police the pushing of items for large amounts of stones is to monitor the amount of people bidding on an item. If its only a few bids then pushing is a possibility, if many bidders a genuine auction.

As for buying items below there `retail` value, thats the luck of the draw. If a reserve price wasn`t set, if the auction ends in the early hours when only us insomniacs are bidding and you only get a low bid....tough.

the amount of bids dosnt mean its a push
as you can see on forums people will offer for items
and some reserves can be over what most people would bid for an item anyway
its all down to demand and whether the people who want to buy items have the stones to outbid others :/

09-29-2008 20:47 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One

I agree with you Azz, just trying to come up with some way as to identify a push.

Mods and devs can all read the forums and identify a genuine price agreement, the deal is all in the open - everyone can see it.

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
09-29-2008 21:21 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

The only way they have is from reported auctions
which dont seem to matter as i dont remember anyone being banned for pushing ???

09-29-2008 21:36 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Mortis
Emperor

Well, the real problem is whether we have free auction or not.. If I want to pay for something 2, 3 or 4SS because I WANT IT, its my problem. We can see it also in real life. People are paying huge amount of money for something they really WANT.

09-29-2008 21:43 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Ive had the same problem, particularly with my legendary scythe

As there is no market price for the item, how many stones would be considered a push?

09-29-2008 23:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

player to player tradeing would sort out "pushing" i think. but i dout it will ever be put onto BW other than those servers with no well of souls.

i cant really see the point in pushing, other to move stones from one account to the other, but then again who has the right to tell us what we are alod to pay for items...? i think it all depends on demand and how useful the item is, for example a titanium xxx of levatation would sell for what 4SS+? were as a strenghtned shorts of addict wouldent probs sell because its useless and the ring is top notch to melee users.

on top of that admins/devs are the ones banning people for "pushing" but they have no idea what the item is worth as they dont actully play the game and dont know if its actully people just putting stones on items to give someone stones or the item they bid on is really good for a merge.

technecly i have "pushed" stones, not in mass amounts, 3 LS and the items wernt worth more than a few HS but i wanted to merge my murderous 2h sword of bloodsucker and it just happens that one person had all three parts of my sword and i didnt want to lose them and i wanted to pay them for helping me make the sword, is that classed as "pushing"?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 09-30-2008 13:39.

09-30-2008 11:52 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i paid 2 ls for a murdous thunderfist
and later sold it for 2hs 2bs does that means i pushed or the prices changed
09-30-2008 13:34 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Mystraval

Registration Date: 09-06-2008

Question pushing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree on a lot of what has been said, but blatant pushing should be punished. Its too easy to set up another account on your computer,, (its my sister wants to play..!!!!) Then divert all the good stuff to one account. my opinion for what its worth on people who do this, is your only cheating yourself really,, cos you aint as good as your making out to be.

There is an example on the auction right now, a hawks chain now maybe someone really really wants that hawks chain, only it seems suspicious to me that it has been on offer over 12 hours and it has been bid upon for the same time, only one bid has been made, and to me the price is massively over the top.

maybe others will see it different to me, but here it is.

Hawk`s Chain (+3) 1 0 / 0 / 2 / 1 / 5
10-15-2008 18:12 Mystraval is offline Homepage of Mystraval Search for Posts by Mystraval Add Mystraval to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

RE: Pushing ???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think pushing is a load of nonesense, there my stones if i walk into a shop and say how much is that kitkat, and the shopkeeper says 50p, its up to me if i give him £20, its MY MONEY, and the shop keeper would be remedial if he refused, how much an item is worth should just be how much the bidder is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept

10-15-2008 20:15 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

RE: pushing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mystraval

I disagree with you there. That chain is extremely rare, as + perception items for jewellery are extremely rare (for prefix there is only solar and hawks and for suffix there is only bat) and it will boost your perception by a huge amount.

10-15-2008 21:01 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

HOwever the amount is very strange....

Unless it's diablo completing his hawks set?

Your imperfection.
10-16-2008 00:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

i say good luck to the seller
and to the high lvl rich gunner what bought it Tongue

10-16-2008 01:29 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
HOwever the amount is very strange....

Unless it's diablo completing his hawks set?

Yes, the set is now complete Smile

10-16-2008 07:43 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
DeathRanger

images/avatars/avatar-216.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2008
Clan: TRC

woah mortis have u completed the hawks set now then?

Does it give u a bonus? Tongue

10-16-2008 09:02 DeathRanger is offline Search for Posts by DeathRanger Add DeathRanger to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

Not me, diablo, so you must ask him Wink

10-16-2008 09:52 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Evangelion
The warning machine

This thread is about pushing, not the Hawk's set. That's a warning for Mortis and DeathRanger.

10-16-2008 10:58 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

RE: pushing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mystraval
I agree on a lot of what has been said, but blatant pushing should be punished. Its too easy to set up another account on your computer,, (its my sister wants to play..!!!!) Then divert all the good stuff to one account. my opinion for what its worth on people who do this, is your only cheating yourself really,, cos you aint as good as your making out to be.

There is an example on the auction right now, a hawks chain now maybe someone really really wants that hawks chain, only it seems suspicious to me that it has been on offer over 12 hours and it has been bid upon for the same time, only one bid has been made, and to me the price is massively over the top.

maybe others will see it different to me, but here it is.

That was me who put that on auction, it was worth that much to diablo as he was completing his set, its not pushing, and as scillage said, hawks is very rare and very expensive

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AudatiousTitan: 10-16-2008 13:53.

10-16-2008 13:52 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

It was me who bought the chain. It was an agreed sale so no pushing.

If I deserve a warning then go on, no problem, but since it was a discussion about the most expensive neck jewellery and the possible push/pull I don't think anyone here deserves a warning.

EDIT: OT: DeathRanger ->Set's bonuses Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 10-16-2008 17:23.

10-16-2008 17:22 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

After a short thought, Azz420 and Raxis deserve a warning too.

10-16-2008 17:30 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Pushing ????

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH