Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » No connection with server..? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page No connection with server..? 6 Votes - Average Rating: 4.006 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Question No connection with server..? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: Reporting for Sanyala (3166) and Seraphima (5943)

Problem description: no connection with server..

Sanyala contacted me by phone and told me that neither she or her son (Seraphima) can login to there accounts.. rest of the internet works like normal they just cant login on bw..

when they try to logg in they get this msg and i quote what sanyala said to me:

Still no chance to logg in Frown Frown Frown
i have the start page and when i try to login with my account they tell me that they cant find server :/ :end quote

And ideas why this is happening ? or maybe others have same problem?

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
03-08-2012 19:54 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

RE: No connection with server..? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Malle8398
Id in game: Reporting for Sanyala (3166) and Seraphima (5943)

Problem description: no connection with server..

Sanyala contacted me by phone and told me that neither she or her son (Seraphima) can login to there accounts.. rest of the internet works like normal they just cant login on bw..

when they try to logg in they get this msg and i quote what sanyala said to me:

Still no chance to logg in Frown Frown Frown
i have the start page and when i try to login with my account they tell me that they cant find server :/ :end quote

And ideas why this is happening ? or maybe others have same problem?

happened to acidic shots and agresiel on UW earlier.

server just vanished. 404 errors all round

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-08-2012 19:55 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Malle8398
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ahaa ok..

and ofc just when i posted here sany was able to logg in again..
so no emergency atm, but can we have an explanation to why this is happening?

Edit: she can logg in on account but she cant use the board..

03-08-2012 20:00 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The same here, not able to connect for a few hours Frown

03-08-2012 20:07 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

Ask them what Internet they use, Malley?
I have/had the same problem too.

Solar storm? O_o

03-08-2012 20:15 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Malle8398

Sender: Sanyala
Message title: Re: im here Big Grin DDDD
Send date: 2012-03-08 20:25:29
we use aol
and our provider is t-online

03-08-2012 20:26 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

We can't compare with that then. It must be something on BW's side. While my Wifi was down, 3G worked fine with BW, so I dunno.

Thanks, dude.

03-08-2012 20:48 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I've had errors connecting for the past about 2 hours.

I've JUST got back in
03-08-2012 22:34 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
acidic shots
unregistered

8 hours later and im back

god knows what that was about
03-08-2012 22:36
lightboy
Double Ace

I lost connection again this morning, I am just back able to connect. I used a web to check the ping to bloodwars.net from different countries. 27 were fine, 28 could not find the host. I tried to connect using the IP address, but didn't work. It is not w country related thing, as some cities in US could connect and some others couldn't

03-09-2012 06:40 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
CJswift

Registration Date: 01-02-2011
Clan: TFB/ADX

It seems to be going on and off... I cant log into UW this morning, but the Necro server is working fine!!!

CJ

Underworld:
IGN=CJSwift
03-09-2012 07:04 CJswift is offline Search for Posts by CJswift Add CJswift to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

http://just-ping.com/index.php?vh=Bloodw...3199&vhost=_&c=

03-09-2012 09:26 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Me and My brother who is also with BT had trouble yesterday but it seems to be OK now.
Anyone else with BT ?

03-09-2012 10:16 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Hi. There are some temporary problems wth DNS. We're working on it right now. As far as I know, there is a temporary solution - you have to set DNS on your PC (in TCP/IP networking settings) to google DNS:
We don't know for how long, but people report it worked for them.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

03-09-2012 10:40 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Hi. There are some temporary problems wth DNS. We're working on it right now. As far as I know, there is a temporary solution - you have to set DNS on your PC (in TCP/IP networking settings) to google DNS:
We don't know for how long, but people report it worked for them.

I can report that this works. Was having an issue thismorning with 404 after hitting login. Changed the DNS and it was resolved instantly.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-09-2012 11:11 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tsaolin

Registration Date: 12-06-2010

Can't log on to BW Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I get redirected to this site:

http://nazwa.pl/domeny-hosting-serwery,4225.html

What's this about and when is it going to be fixed.

ISP: Talk Talk
03-09-2012 11:58 Tsaolin is offline Search for Posts by Tsaolin Add Tsaolin to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

I have the same problem, Tsaolin :S

03-09-2012 12:07 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

today got same problem with logging in from 11 00 server time till i reseted my router - maybe it helped - at 12 05 and i heard at least 3 players of my clan still got this problem with logging.

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

03-09-2012 12:31 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Please try the following:
Start -> Run -> type in cmd and press Enter

If you have Windows 7, just click on 'Windows' icon left bottom of the screen, and in 'search for programs and files' input box type: cmd and press Enter.

A black window should apper, type in it:
code:
1:
2:
ipconfig /flushdns
nslookup bloodwars.net

and paste here the results.

If it doesn't work, try to reboot your PC or (in case everything else failed) reset your router.

Other >> pm Szeszej

03-09-2012 12:34 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Celdari

Registration Date: 03-30-2011
Clan: Source

I always use Google DNS and I even tried switching back to default.

I can visit bloodwars.net, but when I try to login, I get:

404 - Not Found
03-09-2012 12:44 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

you mean this konrad ? ( just to remind - bw works ok before that )

03-09-2012 12:47 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Seryu465

Registration Date: 11-06-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Celdari
I always use Google DNS and I even tried switching back to default.

I can visit bloodwars.net, but when I try to login, I get:

404 - Not Found

same as here T_T

IGN:Seryu
03-09-2012 12:48 Seryu465 is offline Search for Posts by Seryu465 Add Seryu465 to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

Celdari, please do as I wrote in my last post, only replace the last command with:
nslookup r1.bloodwars.net
or
nslookup r2.bloodwars.net
depends on which server you play,
and paste your in here.

Other >> pm Szeszej

03-09-2012 12:49 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Moonbootsboy

Registration Date: 07-24-2010

i get this

Moonbootsboy has attached this image (reduced version):
dns.jpg

03-09-2012 12:56 Moonbootsboy is offline Search for Posts by Moonbootsboy Add Moonbootsboy to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

You have old data cached. Please try to reboot your PC and router (if you can), the result you should have is something like this:

quote:
C:\Windows\System32>nslookup r2.bloodwars.net
Serwer: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1

Nieautorytatywna odpowiedz:
Nazwa: r2.bloodwars.net
Address: 91.194.91.23

You can also try to set your DNS settings in TCP/IP config to 'auto' or try google dns (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4), everytime you change DNS you should run ipconfig /flushdns.

Edit: tutorial on setting google dns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt7FP4UrAgA

Other >> pm Szeszej

03-09-2012 13:09 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
Celdari

Registration Date: 03-30-2011
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Celdari, please do as I wrote in my last post, only replace the last command with:
nslookup r1.bloodwars.net
or
nslookup r2.bloodwars.net
depends on which server you play,
and paste your in here.

I did this:

1. Deactivated internet connection in XP.
2. Turned off PC.
3. Turned off router.
4. Waited a few minutes.
5. Started up router.
6. Waited a few minutes.
7. Started PC.
8. Activated internet connection in XP.
9. Used the "repair" function in connection settings (fluhdns is included in this if Im not wrong).
10. Waited a few minutes and then logged in on BW.

Now it works.

No idea if it's because I did what I did or if it just started to work for everyone Smile

Edit: I use Google DNS as always so if anyone still can't login and wants to try what I just did, make sure to use Google DNS first.

Here is a guide: http://code.google.com/intl/sv-SE/speed/public-dns/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Celdari: 03-09-2012 13:40.

03-09-2012 13:35 Celdari is offline Search for Posts by Celdari Add Celdari to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Back to normal so far without changing any configuration settings.

03-09-2012 13:51 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
Moonbootsboy

Registration Date: 07-24-2010

quote:
Originally posted by lightboy

same here

03-09-2012 13:57 Moonbootsboy is offline Search for Posts by Moonbootsboy Add Moonbootsboy to your Buddy List
Seryu465

Registration Date: 11-06-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Moonbootsboy
quote:
Originally posted by lightboy

same here

me too Big Grin
03-09-2012 14:09 Seryu465 is offline Search for Posts by Seryu465 Add Seryu465 to your Buddy List
acidic shots
unregistered

i did all that and it still didnt work, in total last ive have about 20 hours down time in the last 28 hours

not good at all Frown
03-09-2012 14:27
Ghaldria
Lord

now it happens like this - it works 10 mins, it not works 5 mins, it works 10 mins and again not works :/ over and over :/ same with board :/

03-09-2012 14:46 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

I'm back at the moment but when I go so does My brother We are both with BT and in south east area.

And it came back without restarting ,But when I have tried restarting and clearing out things it did not work.

It just seems random if it works or not.

03-09-2012 14:47 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Sanyala

Registration Date: 10-07-2009

now Seraphima and me could login without any problems Smile

thanks for help
Cheers, Sany

03-09-2012 14:50 Sanyala is offline Search for Posts by Sanyala Add Sanyala to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Crashed for me again, back after changing network provider. Good thing I have 3 different ones...

03-09-2012 14:53 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
I'm back at the moment but when I go so does My brother We are both with BT and in south east area.

And it came back without restarting ,But when I have tried restarting and clearing out things it did not work.

It just seems random if it works or not.

I hope it stays working enough to do quests and ambushes then I can not worry about losing any.

03-09-2012 14:54 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Swiftenza
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-21-2010
Clan: Evil D.B

Kept going off for about 2 minute periods for me earlier....strange

i'm on sky

[22:33] <warlock619> that reminds me, I think I drunkenly drooled over your picture when you put one up aaages ago xD

[01:19] <warlock619> I'm watching porn hub :o
[01:20] <warlock619> Good thing I can type one handedd I guess Tongue
03-09-2012 15:18 Swiftenza is offline Search for Posts by Swiftenza Add Swiftenza to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Tried everything posted above and got nada. I'll type what I got because I'm using my phone to access the board:

DNS request timed out.
Timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
*** kucachepr.kingston.ac.uk can't find r1.bloodwars.net: Server failed.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

03-09-2012 15:20 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I couldn't log in yesterday evening or this morning, but when I got online just now, I found that I had been attacked throughout the period I couldn't get online. Couldn't even get the start page, the Board or the Tutorial. Tried the French Board, no luck. Only the Russian Board seemed to work, but as I don't speak Russian - or French for that matter - it didn't help.

EDIT 1 - all the messages were: 'Could not find server'.

EDIT 2 - I'm on Virgin, the rest of the internet worked fine.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dreamdusk: 03-09-2012 18:28.

03-09-2012 18:26 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

I've pretty much wasted a day of premium on here. What even caused all this crap to happen? I have it back now inexplicably but I think we deserve an answer.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

03-09-2012 18:37 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
hostileintent

Registration Date: 06-17-2009

Same here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Kept coming up server unavailable.
03-09-2012 18:37 hostileintent is offline Search for Posts by hostileintent Add hostileintent to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » No connection with server..?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH