Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Pilgrimage time based on zones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pilgrimage time based on zones 5 Votes - Average Rating: 6.40
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Pilgrimage time based on zones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The city is supposed to be seen as a circle right... so the higher the zone the closer to the center you are.

Then why does it take the same amount of time for a person in z5 to get to the wasteland that they live next to than the person sat in z1 who is miles away 0_o.

Shouldnt the time for a pilgrimage be lower the closer you are to it?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-15-2012 12:11 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I've always wondered that myself mate, didnt know how to effectively show this to others, your pic works great.

Though if this was altered to extend the time of quests, I'm sure you'd have an uproar of z1 and z2 users.

03-15-2012 13:57 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LOL nice diagram! But you forgot to colour it in - and try to stay inside the lines. Big Grin Tongue

I am pretty sure there has been discussion on this before; with regards to using a taxi on quests (possibly, my brain makes stuff up sometimes) - but such a implementation would negate the whole "quickening" option - which is bucks in pocket for BWT, and we can not be taking bucks out of BWT's pockets or they would not be able to do the wonderful job of developing. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-15-2012 13:58 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Oh come on, this is a game about vampires in postnuclear world and you demand realism? Big Grin

03-15-2012 14:58 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia

unless you give me a teleporter 0_o....

I just demand something to do with my spare time :p....

paint seemed the way to go Smile

quote:

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 03-15-2012 15:06.

03-15-2012 15:05 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Tampax

Registration Date: 01-19-2012

when on a caravan, should you not take longer for each individual quest, due to having to set up camp and have legal battles along the way?

03-15-2012 15:08 Tampax is offline Search for Posts by Tampax Add Tampax to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

the reason could be we use a taxi and thats why the quest cost more
03-16-2012 02:32 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Tampax

quote:
Originally posted by fool
the reason could be we use a taxi and thats why the quest cost more

but taxi is only for attacks!

03-16-2012 02:43 Tampax is offline Search for Posts by Tampax Add Tampax to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

this is a none optional taxi so you don't know you are using it
03-16-2012 02:46 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

lol, non-optional taxi...

guy standing there holding a knife: GET IN. xD

hmm... but then again he'd have to be pretty strong to make is get in the taxi... maybe that's where the lord of darkness has been all this time. he drives the taxi Tongue

03-16-2012 11:09 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Tampax

quote:
Originally posted by Philly
lol, non-optional taxi...

guy standing there holding a knife: GET IN. xD

hmm... but then again he'd have to be pretty strong to make is get in the taxi... maybe that's where the lord of darkness has been all this time. he drives the taxi Tongue

so if we dont build the taxi, we wont get compulsory taxi and get knifed by the lord of darkness?

03-16-2012 13:05 Tampax is offline Search for Posts by Tampax Add Tampax to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

the cost of pilgrims are different and i think this is sufficient.

you want to say that
Z5 = 30 min
Z4 must be 35
Z3 = 40
Z2 = 45
Z1 = 50

or attacks from Z1 to Z5 must be shortened ?

03-16-2012 19:42 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

No no no no no

Keep it the same, im already pout off pilgrims as I not got the time to do them.

If someone cannot get shortening, and they go to Z1 it will take them 20hrs to do all of them but with shortening it would take them if the shortening stays the same ratio 30mins a quest = 12hrs to do all 24 quests as pilgrims.

Theres a balance between realism and enjoyability.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
03-16-2012 22:08 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Thread Starter Thread Started by Paranoia

as we all know getting better stuff takes longer and in z1 pilgrimages give you better stuff(level wise) so they should take longer...

and proportional to that z5 sucks so they should take less time

quote:

Smile

03-16-2012 22:26 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Agro

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: End

If you look at the building site there's a massive black pit in it. Right ?

I thought we all just jumped into it and ended up in the discarded weapons basket, only to find more weapons to destroy or keep, depending on how good your taxi driver was.

That could explain the time it takes to do the easy, hard and difficult quests. No?

Yeah?

Please send offers and msgs to me in-game
03-17-2012 22:26 Agro is offline Search for Posts by Agro Add Agro to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I have now considered this matter further. It is called a "Pilgrimage"; therefore that implies we are going somewhere specific; e.g. there are holy sites for each of the attributes, Strength, Wisdom, Agility, etc.

Maybe the sites are not static; they are like caravans, moving around the wasteland so everyone can visit them, etc. Which means it takes us all roughly (exactly, actually) the same amount of time to get to them!

Of course the other factors are that once you get to these sites you need to do some praying, whatever. And then something happens on the way back (usually the same bloody thing, like you get quizzed by a spinx, or your son tells you about something you have to do, blah, blah, blah), and you pass/fail the test.

..........yeah, I know. I need to get a life. :/

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
03-18-2012 07:53 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

The best part is, how do Z3 holders find the gang members while Z5 holders avoid them in the far quests Tongue

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-18-2012 07:59 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Agro

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: End

Ok
On a serious note, would a pilgrimage not be done on foot?

Edit;
If you take the diagram at the top of the page you could say " i'm looking at an aerial view of a mountain" or you could say "that's a mighty deep pit, with room for only 1 at the end "

If you were to look at it side on and it was undeground with zone 1 being the deepest or it was a mountain with zone 1 at the top then yes i agree, zone 5 should be shorter and possibly more quests than the rest.

But not if there is considerable wasteland between zones.

This would mean each sector surrounded by wasteland in every zone

Please send offers and msgs to me in-game

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agro: 03-18-2012 13:03.

03-18-2012 11:56 Agro is offline Search for Posts by Agro Add Agro to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Pilgrimage time based on zones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH