Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » low level bk needing guidance :P » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page low level bk needing guidance :P
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
infernalranger

Registration Date: 07-17-2008

low level bk needing guidance :P Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i'm currently a low level bk needing some help on what i should train next these are my stats

Level 43 Beastmaster

Base Stats:
STRENGTH 34 COST: 4923
AGILITY 29 COST: 1979
TOUGHNESS 22 COST: 553
APPEARANCE 25 COST: 954
CHARISMA 25 COST: 954
REPUTATION 22 COST: 553
PERCEPTION 23 COST: 663
INTELLIGENCE 22 COST: 553
KNOWLEDGE 23 COST: 663

Stats with my equipment on:
DEFENCE 135

STRENGTH 49
AGILITY 72
TOUGHNESS 22
APPEARANCE 38
CHARISMA 26
REPUTATION 23
PERCEPTION 23
INTELLIGENCE 22
KNOWLEDGE 23

Attacks:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d4638da0fc

Tattoo's:BK
heart of darkness level 3:+ 48 to hit
power of faith:level 2:+ 10% chance for crit
double strike level 2:+2 luck-(i currently have 6.5k pop and will be saving 13.5k pop to upgrade this tattoo and will do it no matter what)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by infernalranger: 10-06-2008 00:41.

10-06-2008 00:37 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

135 defense, very nice. I'm level 56 and don't have 135 defense. I went more for the agility spectrum though.
More agility and more strength are always your best bet. Currently all my gear increases agility, I don't have much increasing strength but I've balanced it with my tattoos and such. If you can manage a good balance of agility and strength, you're good. Ideally you would want around 110-130 agility and 55-70 strength (not right this moment mind you, just for something to work towards).
I'm basing that on the black knights I know who are quite successful. It seems you're taking the high defense, high damage route. The other BK I know like that is marmalade girl. She has lower agility (108 last I saw) and much higher defense (140ish) and deals a good amount of damage. Personally I have 130 agility and about 58 strength.
Another advantage you'll have over other BK's in the future is the 4th hit. As Beastmaster's in act 2 our new arcana allows a 4th strike. But, we don't have 225 BP by then so if you have any shamatic gear, keep it so you can get a 4th hit later on in defense and on expos.
This is one of the harder tattoos to perfect, you need a lot of planning for furture instead of planning for right this minute. A lot of that planning is based on how you want to play the tattoo, there is no right or wrong in playing it.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-06-2008 01:48 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Other meleers are gonna struggle to damage you, but you're not going to be able to hit them much, you definitely need to lower your defence a bit and increase some agility.

Also your strength is quite low, assuming that your opponent has no defence, each 1 strength adds 4 damage to your criticals.

Perhaps look for some Titanium items? They give strength, the rings add Character Defence and the set gives Toughness.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
10-06-2008 08:01 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Coven

Your definitely going to want to work on your strength and agility.

10-06-2008 12:00 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
Your definitely going to want to work on your strength and agility.

Wink I love how you never state the obvious.

quote:

10-06-2008 15:34 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
infernalranger

Thread Starter Thread Started by infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra
135 defense, very nice. I'm level 56 and don't have 135 defense. I went more for the agility spectrum though.
More agility and more strength are always your best bet. Currently all my gear increases agility, I don't have much increasing strength but I've balanced it with my tattoos and such. If you can manage a good balance of agility and strength, you're good. Ideally you would want around 110-130 agility and 55-70 strength (not right this moment mind you, just for something to work towards).
I'm basing that on the black knights I know who are quite successful. It seems you're taking the high defense, high damage route. The other BK I know like that is marmalade girl. She has lower agility (108 last I saw) and much higher defense (140ish) and deals a good amount of damage. Personally I have 130 agility and about 58 strength.
Another advantage you'll have over other BK's in the future is the 4th hit. As Beastmaster's in act 2 our new arcana allows a 4th strike. But, we don't have 225 BP by then so if you have any shamatic gear, keep it so you can get a 4th hit later on in defense and on expos.
This is one of the harder tattoos to perfect, you need a lot of planning for furture instead of planning for right this minute. A lot of that planning is based on how you want to play the tattoo, there is no right or wrong in playing it.

thanks for the advice currently only my shorts and weapon give me agi bonus (no laughing..) and i'm trying to merge a xxx hard hat of adrenaline that'll give me enough def for level 3 tatts and also a light vest of deathsower and also is 3 attacks good for a level 44/about 65 points

A good example of why i like my def setup:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a4fe8cba2e

i had 18 lower agi but my def and heart of darkness tattoo won it for me

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by infernalranger: 10-06-2008 16:57.

10-06-2008 16:43 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
infernalranger

double post Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by infernalranger: 10-06-2008 16:56.

10-06-2008 16:50 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Try not to go for Prefixed Hard Hat of Adrenaline, a Good Helmet will suffice and probably have lower requirements.

Deathsower too applies to that, a light xxx of deathsower although high and agility high in also Level and Strength.

And 3 attacks is good if you can do something with those attacks.

quote:

10-06-2008 20:06 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
Try not to go for Prefixed Hard Hat of Adrenaline, a Good Helmet will suffice and probably have lower requirements.

Deathsower too applies to that, a light xxx of deathsower although high and agility high in also Level and Strength.

And 3 attacks is good if you can do something with those attacks.

problem is no way am i waiting till level 48 to get a good helmet of adrenaline(need lvl 48 to wield only 43) plus it doesn't give much str and agi bonus and i should be able to get a xxx hard hat of adrenaline to a much higher level( i know i can wield a good hard hat of adrenaline to (+4) at least)
10-07-2008 00:06 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Yeah you probably can get a Good Hard Hat of Adrenaline to +4 but if you add a prefix to that you won't get much further than good and I can promise you that because the Level requirements jump so much.

Also you obviously can't upgrade your hard hat to Good +4, because i'm pretty sure it would be nearing your tattoo requirements.

quote:

10-07-2008 07:53 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
Yeah you probably can get a Good Hard Hat of Adrenaline to +4 but if you add a prefix to that you won't get much further than good and I can promise you that because the Level requirements jump so much.

Also you obviously can't upgrade your hard hat to Good +4, because i'm pretty sure it would be nearing your tattoo requirements.

a good hard hat of adrenaline(+4) only has 19 def Frown
10-07-2008 16:11 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
marmaladegirl

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: V13

you need a prefix on the hat to get the higher level tats - but it will do you for early on.
12-31-2008 04:11 marmaladegirl is offline Search for Posts by marmaladegirl Add marmaladegirl to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » low level bk needing guidance :P

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH