Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Not sure if this breaks a rule of global chat » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Not sure if this breaks a rule of global chat 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Not sure if this breaks a rule of global chat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://tinypic.com/r/mrflzm/5

Wush has posted a link that if you click on it appears to give him your location and phone number.

Bit dodgy if you ask me.

04-21-2012 01:14 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
WUsh

Registration Date: 04-21-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Urg dude, yea ok a few people might get upset by that, but every site you log into does that! Its BASIC PHP and HTML. Or try not clicking if you're that bothered by it, instead of being a little girl and tellin'. Jesus Christ.

Ask Gun Fury, I had a long enough convo with him about it.
Also I might add, you'll noticed in the picture that you posted (also by a site that logs) I said not to click on the link, it was myself messing about.

Hate the fact my once post on this forum is defending myself about some joke too...
04-21-2012 01:37 WUsh is offline Search for Posts by WUsh Add WUsh to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok so a private individual posting that kind of stuff for their own gain is acceptable? without their permission?

NO i didnt think so.

04-21-2012 01:40 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
WUsh

Acceptable?! What planet are you on? And what permission? After you choose to link on the link? Its a link that showed you your own IP! If you had any real knowledge of any of this you realize that's all it does!

Here is the code for it!

<?php echo $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
?>

My god, so many for a joke...
04-21-2012 01:45 WUsh is offline Search for Posts by WUsh Add WUsh to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

ok well considering you stated yourself, and its in the image above, that YOU had their details too......

im not stupid enough to click any old link......but some wouldnt think about it

the reason im posting here is because i was asked if it was appropriate to post it here and would have done myself.

04-21-2012 01:49 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
WUsh

Ok yes I see that some people would be scared/freaked out by it. But 99.99% of sites do this, its a basic thing to have on any site.

Anyone who did click the link I'm sorry, it was nothing more than showing you your own IP. I haven't logged anything. If I did do you really think I'd bother with a text based game to the level I am in a genuine manner? No.

And those that did PM me in game I messaged them back telling them the same things and even offered advise on how to stop against such things.

Maybe not a joke to play on people that aren't that clued up. Again, sorry.
04-21-2012 01:56 WUsh is offline Search for Posts by WUsh Add WUsh to your Buddy List
WUsh

Some conclusion to this would be lovely. Am I to be banned, slap on the wrist? I'd like to know as I really like this game and would not like to be banned over such a minor thing.

Guessing you admins at looking at the link? I don't know, its as I said though. Just let me know soon please.

Also like to add that I pay premium for this game as I think the coding all round is pretty good.
04-21-2012 02:45 WUsh is offline Search for Posts by WUsh Add WUsh to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by WUsh
Some conclusion to this would be lovely. Am I to be banned, slap on the wrist?

Only Szeszej has the answer to that.

04-21-2012 02:52 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
WUsh

You an admin or just a girl? Review the link and you mkght fnd I;m someone tha t can help.
04-21-2012 04:04 WUsh is offline Search for Posts by WUsh Add WUsh to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

that link show only IP:

"Hello there my fellow chums.
93.116.48.117 Are those your details? Oh noes!"
-----------------------
If you get IP over DHCP then this information is equal to 0, it can be anywhere... maximum you can get the town where the pool is located (for my IP you can get only country, i get my IP over DHCP)

if you have a fixed IP and it's public and you register your IP in some databases then the information about your location is shown or maybe not depending on ISP, country, what buy on internet (some sites do illegal things like fishing) and law in that region...

(I know in USA you can find a people only from his IP, don't ask me why they allow that, in EU this is not accepted by most ISPs, the information about how they distribute they own IP it's their problem... and you can get that information only with police acceptance)

and like WUsh says... there are many sites that give that information...

http://whatismyipaddress.com/
http://showip.net/

Info from this 2 sites: "Services: None Detected"
and i am not living in Chisinau, they show the address of ISP office Smile

So don't worry about it... if someone want to find you it's not so complicated... just ignore that (most of us are in telephone books, you just know telephone or name and we don't cry about this, why you are so scared about IP ????)

04-21-2012 09:18 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist

Closed to prevent more opinions. Wait form Szeszej answer

04-21-2012 09:23 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

As Wush said, your IP is broadcast on the internet for everyone to see.

04-23-2012 14:44 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Not sure if this breaks a rule of global chat

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH