Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Buy Now - UW Auction » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Buy Now - UW Auction 8 Votes - Average Rating: 4.388 Votes - Average Rating: 4.38
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Buy Now - UW Auction Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok im sure this has been mentioned before but hear me out..

There is already a buy now feature in the UW auction system.. It works exactly the same for junk. Junk is valued at 1BS per 1 junk by the devs, which is why when you bid 100BS or something that adds upto 100BS for 100 junk you instantly get a message saying you have won an auction.

Now why doesnt this exist for normal item's you say.. well it does.

All items have a buy now price its the "max bid" which has been set to 999soulstones, for instance the below.

Good Light Shorts of the Strongman (+3)

quote:
Stone Maximum price Current bid
Bloodstone 75 1
Heartstone 14 1
Lifestone 17 0
Mergestone 0
Soulstone 999 0

so somewhere there is a max price either set by the game or the devs either on the items value or the quality of the item that has been set at some point.

So if the 999ss werent there the buy now price would be 17LS 14HS + 75BS, which we know would be a huge over shoot.

But why cant we set our own buy now price?

Because there will be alot more push's i hear you saying..

Well we counter that by checking the closed auctions for push's like people do now. How about when the BN is offered from the game you still have to wait for the PENDING period to end.. Which gives us another time to check for push's.

Because people will start pushing items between the same IP address'..

Sjez does his fair share of checking these as we know from seeing the complaints section on the forum. Maybe we give him a hand in this by putting up auctions that seem to be hugely over priced aswell as the report button.

Im not saying this is the best idea ever made and im not saying it will definately happen, im just looking for some actual constructive feedback and ideas how this COULD possibly work as this feature is already here and running..
04-24-2012 19:48 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love this idea would help me alot.
04-24-2012 19:58 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

Registration Date: 04-17-2012
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: D-A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great idea but what if the item is worth more than what you say i do know what your saying tho

E.G.
lets say one of my items were worth 1000 value but i dident know and i only needed 1SS you could get it over and done with plus you carnt get banned from it bril see what the admins think of that Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Deadliest-Warrior: 04-24-2012 20:44.

04-24-2012 20:43 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

This was exactly how the system worked at the start but we didn't like it.

04-24-2012 21:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Thread Starter Thread Started by FlashAOD

If we can get some support from the players would you possibly change it?
04-24-2012 21:54 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

I would love to see this system.

It would most likely offer much more of possibilities to trade inside clans, which is something you have on Necro but which is completely absent from the UW server.

And I think it would redynamize the clan concept.

Thumbs up from me.
04-24-2012 22:02 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

But that would mean if you wanted to sell to a mate but I seen it first I could offer buy now price and your mate wouldn't even see the auction

04-24-2012 22:36 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Don't put a buy now price then? :p or get your mate to hurry up n check Wink
04-24-2012 22:38 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
But that would mean if you wanted to sell to a mate but I seen it first I could offer buy now price and your mate wouldn't even see the auction

fire your right but that still could be fix only it would be like necro "Tradeing"

Additional way you could do it is lets show you an example

so lets start with me
fire wants this Titanium Bracelet of Strength (+5) hes offering 2 SS for it
and you place that offer but someone else wants it bids 2SS before him
once this happens you could have a option to say yes or no to that person having it
like an expo someone applys to your expo you decide if you wanna take him or not Tongue
you carnt go over the bit so you carnt pay 3SS

so its a trade way of auctions but in auction form

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Deadliest-Warrior: 04-24-2012 23:08.

04-24-2012 23:04 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

You don't also have to put it on every auction.

Day Im selling an item and say the minimum I will sell for is 3SS. But my idea price is 4SS.

If I want to risk the auction put it for 3 with no buy now. But a buy now of 4 if I feel the need.
04-24-2012 23:28 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
You don't also have to put it on every auction.

Day Im selling an item and say the minimum I will sell for is 3SS. But my idea price is 4SS.

If I want to risk the auction put it for 3 with no buy now. But a buy now of 4 if I feel the need.

basically you can put it up for auction min 3SS and the buy now feature can be next to watch auction and if you click it you pay only 4SS and the payment goes right to you like junk

thats what your saying right if not thats sounds good too Tongue

(It will be like ebay in BW form lol)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Deadliest-Warrior: 04-24-2012 23:39.

04-24-2012 23:32 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Basically. eBay for blood wars. The way an auction normally runs.
04-24-2012 23:45 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Basically. eBay for blood wars. The way an auction normally runs.

lol yeah i believe that would work well plus you know your not going to get reported

04-24-2012 23:47 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
Hyperion

Registration Date: 04-22-2012

hate the idea tbh

would allow those with massive stones e.g. foxy (75ss,150ms or something like that etc..) to get every item they need, others wouldnt get a chance and if something is good then it would always be expensive and be a case of who checks the auctions first which is slightly unfair

04-25-2012 08:26 Hyperion is offline Search for Posts by Hyperion Add Hyperion to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

It's the same principle of most auctions o.O

And you don't have to put a BN price just like you don't have to put a min price on.
04-25-2012 08:43 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion
hate the idea tbh

would allow those with massive stones e.g. foxy (75ss,150ms or something like that etc..) to get every item they need, others wouldnt get a chance and if something is good then it would always be expensive and be a case of who checks the auctions first which is slightly unfair

Well actually it might also help those with smaller stones to not suffer inflation in prices. If the Buy Now system is implemented, some items will sell for relatively lower prices than what happens when 3-4 people fight for an item.

Like that solar ring yesterday that wen up to a ridiculous 45 SS which hopefully will be reset by the devs.

In the end, lowering prices with a Buy Now system would push the prices down because people would have the ability to grab items more cheap than with auction fights.
04-25-2012 08:53 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Sorry dude, I don't like the idea.

There is already enough of people "swapping" items through the auction system, by setting prices etc. This option would just create a way of making it impossible for others to get a look in on any really nice or useful items.

The point of an "auction" is that anyone with enough stones (cash) can win. So even if someone agrees a sale price, there's always a chance that someone else will want the item & try & out bid the person who has agreed the price with the seller.

You can't compare BW auctions with ebay - the buy it now service on ebay is for people usually selling large numbers of the same item. Which would work in BW on stuff that spawns; but what about the stuff that doesn't spawn? It's got be a fair system that allows the chance for someone to win those items too.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-25-2012 18:56 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Sorry dude, I don't like the idea.

There is already enough of people "swapping" items through the auction system, by setting prices etc. This option would just create a way of making it impossible for others to get a look in on any really nice or useful items.

The point of an "auction" is that anyone with enough stones (cash) can win. So even if someone agrees a sale price, there's always a chance that someone else will want the item & try & out bid the person who has agreed the price with the seller.

You can't compare BW auctions with ebay - the buy it now service on ebay is for people usually selling large numbers of the same item. Which would work in BW on stuff that spawns; but what about the stuff that doesn't spawn? It's got be a fair system that allows the chance for someone to win those items too.

i will aggree with this but if someone wants something and has already messaged the person in-game then they should have the right to have it and not get into a bidding war for instance

im selling something to firetrap in my clan and i am going to put on auction when hes ready so when i put it in he can bid on it without trying to gain all the stones within the mean time and with everyone being able to see it might get fire into a bidding war but he wants it im holding it for him so my next idea might work out alot better than flash's

same idea as him but only can be used in clan's so i can give this to fire for his price, now if fire dident wanted this item i would just put in worldwide auction for anyone in (UW) i see this as a fair plan TBH

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Deadliest-Warrior: 04-26-2012 15:12.

04-26-2012 15:09 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Yeah it would be nice, but its too easy to abuse, so sorry can't agree with this.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-26-2012 18:44 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Yeah it would be nice, but its too easy to abuse, so sorry can't agree with this.

even if you could only use it in a clan so none else but your clan members can see it i think it would work

04-26-2012 19:17 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Deadliest-Warrior
quote:

even if you could only use it in a clan so none else but your clan members can see it i think it would work

OR we could just like.. ya know... remove stones all together and like ya know.. turn it into necro..

an auction is just that, an auction.

buy now is too easy to manipulate and would make all those people that have saved their stones over a period of time waiting for that perfect item pointless as it is then down to "the fastest finger first".

Noone can predict what some items will go for so putting a buy now on them is just wrong.

What I would like to see though is no more "pending" part on the auction or at least limit it to say 10 mins.

I hate winning an item then waiting 4 hours for it to turn up.

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-26-2012 19:47 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Deadliest-Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
quote:
Originally posted by Deadliest-Warrior
quote:

OR we could just like.. ya know... remove stones all together and like ya know.. turn it into necro..

an auction is just that, an auction.

buy now is too easy to manipulate and would make all those people that have saved their stones over a period of time waiting for that perfect item pointless as it is then down to "the fastest finger first".

Noone can predict what some items will go for so putting a buy now on them is just wrong.

What I would like to see though is no more "pending" part on the auction or at least limit it to say 10 mins.

I hate winning an item then waiting 4 hours for it to turn up.

hahaha that would be the easy way change to necro but then necro will be empty so the way flash has said would be a UW feature

04-26-2012 20:09 Deadliest-Warrior is offline Search for Posts by Deadliest-Warrior Add Deadliest-Warrior to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Yeah i said to keep the pending section, as people check that all the time, so why not put thr BN in the pending so people still have a chance to report something so overly priced.
04-26-2012 20:14 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Buy Now - UW Auction

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH