Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Question about the demonlord » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Question about the demonlord
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tezzeret

Registration Date: 04-27-2012
Race in game: Absorber

Question about the demonlord Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm fairly new to this game, tried it once before and got bored, now I'm actually playing I enjoy it. I couldn't decide between Hunter and Demonlord... Hunter seems stronger, so I wanted to go for Demonlord, since I'm an absorber I thought the easiness combined might be nice.

Anyway, my question is, is it worth getting the easiness tattoo up to full as fast as possible? Because the aura works always, but the armour requirements limit the rest of what I can do. So my thought process is easiness=better armour earlier.

Also what sort of weapons/gear should I look out for, stuff that sounds awesome to me seems to be fairly weak when I read what people think about it. So I'm a little confused in that respect, is everything that unbalanced?

04-29-2012 02:26 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

personally, i think demon lord is up there with the "advanced" paths.

what i mean is theyre much, much better at higher levels and harder to build so it might be an idea to start as hunter which will hep you develop a ranged setup and a feel for ranged weapons, then switch to demon lord later on when youve built a setup to take advantage of demon lord tattoo.

just my 2 cents

04-29-2012 03:39 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tezzeret

Thread Starter Thread Started by Tezzeret
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds cool, I just like the idea of easiness stacking, and don't want to have to pay for more premium than necessary

04-29-2012 04:19 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

I'd agree with Pops, go with the Hunter to start off.

The Demonlord imo is as pops said, an advanced class, you'll progress much faster as a Hunter, as you'll do very good in PvP fights Wink

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
04-29-2012 12:13 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

RE: Question about the demonlord Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you want to be a demonlord then be ready for this:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=76cd58f750

demonlord it's a high level tattoo... all players who chose this tattoo left the game...
if you chose demon lord then you have bonuses for easiness, but where you will take the stones to upgrade that items?

the real difference between DL and Hunter it's only after LVL 90 when you have sufficient stones to upgrade the item at maximum level

04-29-2012 17:12 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Hyperion

Registration Date: 04-22-2012

by the time your good enough and a high enough level to be demonlord

i would recommend going collector tbh

04-29-2012 17:44 Hyperion is offline Search for Posts by Hyperion Add Hyperion to your Buddy List
Tezzeret

Well despite the fact I asked how to be a demonlord, and not a hunter. I've taken the advice on board and started on the hunter path...

So advice for that? Low levels and up? At the moment I'm using a light cape, it's a nice item and gives me better bonuses than the tattoo alone would overall. I've found a light shirt of thief, which, once I can equip at the right level will enable the tattoo. I've been told Shuriken of Reaction is the best way to go, personally I like the throwing knife, at lower levels what'd be the best way to go about things?

04-30-2012 02:56 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Weapon choice is down to preference really, shuriken just has the bonus of all the attacks, but you can use throwing knife if you'd like.

As for the rest, for the moment I'd say something like this would do you:

Cap of Precognition
Light Shirt of the Thief (Since you have it there handy)
Amulet of Accuracy
Rings of Strength/Accuracy/xxx
Elvish Shorts/Shorts of Sun

But imo for Act 2 you'd be aiming for:
Cap of Precognition
Cape of Death Sower
Amulet of Accuracy
Rings/Signets of Youth
Light Shorts of Sun

And of course your weapon of preference in each case Wink

You're a while away from it, but I'm sure a Hunter can take over and advise you on higher level gear now, if one comes on and see this, but to hazard a guess at it:

Deadly Bandanna of Precognition
P+1 Cape of Death Sower/ Light Cape of Death Sower
Hawks set of jewellery
Elvish Shorts of Sun
Legendary Throwing Knife of Reaction (taking into account your preferred weapon Wink )

Hopefully I've helped you get an idea what you need to get.

If you've any more questions on what I've said feel free to PM me in game, my name being warlock_619

IGN:
04-30-2012 03:15 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tezzeret

I'd expected half the people on the forums to be jerks... goes with being a forum I suppose. Nice that people are helpful.

Interesting, I already have the elvish shorts too so that's handy. Precognition... I'm guessing that's senses, which is my current, on steroids?

04-30-2012 03:19 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

There are people here that still want new players to play and progress and potentially bring in more players, so some of us like to help out. Smile

You also type like an intelligent human being. Trust me, that helps xD

Yes, basically. Imagine a Cap of Senses but for a giant with a throwing knife, that's a Cap of Precognition.

IGN:
04-30-2012 03:32 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tezzeret

Thank you.

So basically the aim for now is step up to the next level, replace the lower level senses with precognition.

I was looking at closed auctions, is elvish worth it as a prefix? It seems to be to light what precognition is to senses.

04-30-2012 05:47 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Tezzeret
Thank you.

So basically the aim for now is step up to the next level, replace the lower level senses with precognition.

I was looking at closed auctions, is elvish worth it as a prefix? It seems to be to light what precognition is to senses.

elvish give the highest agility and + crit chance of any prefix

light is at the bottom of the list

if u cant afford precognition look to getting sun/shepard as they will give more perception than senses

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-30-2012 08:55 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Tezzeret

Got myself a cap of precognition, which should do for now. Somebody sniped me at the last minute on a bid for a shortbow of reaction. Still looking for a decent weapon.

05-01-2012 15:34 Tezzeret is offline Search for Posts by Tezzeret Add Tezzeret to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Question about the demonlord

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH