Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » More watched items » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page More watched items
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Frown More watched items Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know the subject of Auctions has been discussed before, but the majority of those threads has been about the push-me pull-you element of the auctions.

I would like to make a simple request; one that won't make any difference to that actual tactics of the auctions themselves, or the way they work, or add any "lag" to the game. BUT, would help the players immensely.

PLEASE, can we have the ability to watch more auctions. 3 is not enough. I just want to be able to watch all the items I want to buy!
How about making it 10 as the upper most limit of watchable items? That seems like a sensible figure.

Please, it's not much for you guys to change is it?

Answers in the usual time frame (i.e. 2 months) will not be acceptable.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-11-2008 15:10 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thread moved to Game system.

I think 3 watched items isn't enough. 10 of course is too much because it will cause some more lags, but I think 5 or 6 is enough. I've never been interested in more than 5 items at the same time on auction.

Just in case someone thinks that 10 items won't cause lags I'll explain it:

Have you ever been irritated when you clicked the Closed Auctions link and waited several seconds before it loaded? That's because you have sent a request to the database about ALL the items ever sold. Imagine that every player picks 10 items and they all clicked the Your/Observed Auctions link at the same time. The database has to receive almost 18 000 requests and return almost 180 000 items. Now that is a lot of requests.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-11-2008 15:22 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, fair comment, if that is how the system works. In that case I would be happy with 5 or 6! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-11-2008 16:01 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Actually, I've only ever wanted the ability to watch more items maybe twice.
Will probably change because I want a bit of a different set and need to merge to get certain things...lol.
I could see watching 5 at a time.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-11-2008 16:05 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

nice idea Cthulhu Smile

i think been able to watch 5 items would be a great help..

now that more rare items are been sold i like to watch a few but cant Frown
10-11-2008 16:55 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

5 is the exact number I needed before :S

I think this should be implemented

Your imperfection.
10-11-2008 23:54 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree, even two more will be great. And about the lag, there is no way that we have 18000 active players. Sorry, maybe 2000-3000, but they are not playing at the same time.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-12-2008 19:52 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
I agree, even two more will be great. And about the lag, there is no way that we have 18000 active players. Sorry, maybe 2000-3000, but they are not playing at the same time.

lol.. it was jus theory to show what can happen.. and dam being able to watch 5 auctioned items would be great Wink

10-12-2008 21:29 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » More watched items

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH