Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Damage Tattoo » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Damage Tattoo
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Anti

images/avatars/avatar-277.jpg

Registration Date: 06-04-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: [NIGHT]

Damage Tattoo Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all i was wondering bout tattoos :3, im currently lvl 28 and thinking bout tattoos, my stats are geared towards the strength/agi and a lil bit of perception path, ive got

DEFENCE 36

STRENGTH 36
AGILITY 54
TOUGHNESS 16
APPEARANCE 25
CHARISMA 26
REPUTATION 29
PERCEPTION 29
INTELLIGENCE 21
KNOWLEDGE 28
Doing 200+ damage per round to equal defence using 2 1h melee weapons
and ive been owning in terms of ambushes even against higher levels, as im focusing on out damaging my opponent, which tattoo deals the most damage? Assassin, Black Knight, Berserker? yes they all sound kickass and i have read up on them, but i wana know how they do in game, not how they look on tutorial. (btw stat requirements dont matter to me, ill get them some daySmile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Anti: 10-11-2008 17:10.

10-11-2008 15:16 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Depends on the tattoo, what weapons you have who you're against ext. Every tattoo can be used to deal uber damage with the right weapons and right equipment.
Personally I think, for most damage in one hit, its melee tattoos that do it. Zerker's and Black Knights with 2h weapons (zerkers can go with 1h and do around the same I think). They can have criticals of about 400-1000 per strike, three to four times a round. I belive assassin's can do about the same when they go melee.
Then again some gunners can get about 100-200 a hit with more strikes (not sure exaclty I'm not a gunner).
Most definately though any tattoo played right can do major damage. And if you take the melee path, think hard on which tattoo you want, there are major advantages and disadvantages to each.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-11-2008 16:16 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1h Melee is very good at dealing with high perception like so..

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cf458a3a9b

Assasssin is a very good tattoo if you can afford both a melee and gunning kit because it is useful in Expos which are easier to use guns but you can also use kick ass 1h melee.

The difficulty is balancing your strength and agility. I often see people ambushing me with 10 less strength and 15-20 more agility; often resulting in me losing. The flaws of these people against equal agility would be:

Damage: 1 strength equals 1 damage so it's important.
Criticals: A lot of the time these people hardly crit and that is why the assassin tattoo is so useful because if you hit a critical it's like getting another attack.

But I think 2h melee is so much stronger.

Now here's the 2h dilemma.

Berserker = 0 defence so a Weapon of Suicide/Vengeance is a must have. Berserker have the higher damage but your defence is equal to your toughness. Berserker can give an extra attack to 1h melee which results in 2 extras and can be very helpful.

Black Knight has a minimum defence level so you cannot use Suicide/Vengeance but your defence often exceeds 100+ now if you think..

Berserker can do 800 damage with 2h weapons. criticals against 0 Defence. So...

800 / 4 = 200 base damage.

If a berserker hits a Black Knight with 200 defence (melee counts 1/2 of defence) then the base damage is 100 and defence is counted before criticals so 100 x 4 = 400 halfing damage.

BUT, berserkers don't have to achieve the high levels of defence so can focus themselves on Agility which is essential for melee to actually do any damage.

But it is up to you which weapons you prefer. At the end of the day we can't decide for you.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 10-11-2008 17:44.

10-11-2008 17:43 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Anti

Thread Starter Thread Started by Anti

Ah cool thanks for info people, deciding which tattoo is gona take longer than i thought Big Grin gona have to think on how to get the best damage out of the tattoos using 2h/1h now that i have alot more info on them
10-11-2008 23:26 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Well Zerker can use 1 or 2H melee.... though the actual tattoos themselves arent so great the Zerker is overall a more rounded class, once you have a way of having low defence (0) then you can really use any equip you want

Your imperfection.
10-11-2008 23:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Anti
Ah cool thanks for info people, deciding which tattoo is gona take longer than i thought Big Grin gona have to think on how to get the best damage out of the tattoos using 2h/1h now that i have alot more info on them

Damage isn't everything. You have to think chance to hit, if you can do 2000 damage but can't actually hit anybody then it's worthless so just take that into consideration aswell..

quote:

10-12-2008 10:10 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Anti

Ahhhaa i see your point but 1h give +to hit but 2h are cool, but im focusing agi the most, so are you saying that high agi isnt enough to hit? that i need to check out the +to hit too? hmm ok, do ya know if +1 chance to hit is the same as +1 agi(for chance to hit with melee weapons) then?
10-12-2008 12:43 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Agility is your chance to hit, but weapons also give a bonus. Every 3 chance to hit is equal to 1 Agility point but what i'm saying is for example.

You have a radiating scythe of vengeance and 200 strength. You can do 2000 damage but your Agility is only 65 so you will miss most attacks when you also count the chance to hit -X bonus.

However if you have a murderous mace of suicide and 70 strength, You can do 800 damage but your Agility is in excess of 200 so you can hit a lot of your opponents even when counting your negative hit bonus.

That is why damage isn't everything and that's why I was stressing to you that lower damage can be better than higher damage as you seemed to be focused on doing Maximum damage.

quote:

10-12-2008 12:52 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Ealry on you want to focus on agility and strength, especially for 2H melee, which with extra attacks becomes lethal, only three or four criticals needed to finish most people.

However one handed melee does tend to havea higher agility

Your imperfection.
10-12-2008 15:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Either way, like God_Like_Friend said, don't focus solely on damage. If you have to sacrifice damage to get better stats, then do it.
And true that 1h melee can get higher agility but in some cases we have to factor in a Legendary 2h weapon which almost nulls the factor of a 1h melee having higher agility over a 2h melee.
Really it's all about weapon preference. Pick a weapon choice and stick with it. If you can't chose, there are a few options that give choice.
Also, take a look through the battlefield for expo reports and actual battles. You can generally tell who uses what based on stats. And if not, most people are friendly enough in game so you can ask what they are and what troubles they have ext.

quote:

10-12-2008 15:20 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Anti

ah ok cool, thanks for responding btw, i see that in the end game tattoo of Black Knights Double Strike and in Berserkers Desire for Battle you get an extra attack, but im finding it hard to see 2h weapons with 2 attacks let alone 3, are they so rare? and also know anyone who is loving Black Knight/Berserker and is doing well with them, how well do they perform againist other tattoos, namely gun-based ones, and most important how does it feel to say "hell yeh im Black Knight/Berserker!" XD
10-12-2008 21:22 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Well if you can get an Expensive 2h weapon of Conqueror/ Inquisitor/ Basilisk your pretty much set to take on all and any gunners because you only need the reputation to take them down. Look for Good +1 quality on Closed Auctions they will have 2 attacks. The 3 attacks come from tattoos, arcanum or Armour of speed.

quote:

10-12-2008 21:30 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Anti

cool thanks everyone think i got somewhat of an idea of what im gona go for Smile
10-13-2008 16:36 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

One handed is to easy to beat and to easy to do; i can beat zerkers and assassin with up to 140 odd agility and i have 124...
i would say go for BK as im a BK myself Big Grin but it all depends on how many stones you have/want to spend and what items you already have in your armoury.

so il just list the good and bad parts of the tats Wink then u can ignore me Tongue lol

BK
Goods
- damage.
- High Defence.
- Good + to hit.
Bads
- High Defence Requirements.
- Lower Agility than one handed; But the +to hit and defence evan that out somewat.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8c5bedf638 Wink

Zerker
Goods
- High Aility
- 2h Melee!
Bads
- No Defence
- Rubish + to Hit
- Rubish Crit Chance
- Sacrifice Part of the Tat itself, waste on PoP and stones.

Assassin
Goods
- Great Crit Chance
- Ignores Defence even if it is only a little
- High Agility
Bads
- Rubish + to Hit
- Item Defence Max

Hope that helps you become a BK Big Grin Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-13-2008 18:52.

10-13-2008 18:47 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

dont forget that you can change your tattoee in exchange for premium days, so whatever you pick now isnt for example, i picked assasin to start at, and recently have decided to live my dream and become a demon lord. i found that for assasin the early on bonuses helped me alot, for example lots of crits, but now im hiding behind a perceptio barrier and a load of crits, which my old tattoe has helped me with and im gathering my gear ready so i can switch. id recomend going for bk, because although its a much harder tat, its more of a challenge which is good
10-13-2008 21:10 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Anti

hmmm yeh, didnt know u cud change tattoo xD, well im leaning towards Black Knight tattoo, but b4 i start on it im gona have to try and find a good 2h and some sparkly defence gear
10-13-2008 23:27 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Level: 3
Effects: LUCK +2, additional 1 attacks with every weapon
Requirements: helmet defence min 21, armour defence min 30, pants defence min 21
Cost: 13500 PTS OF PROGRESS, Lifestone: 2

Getting those PTS OF PROGRESS is only annoyance with BK Tongue

quote:

10-14-2008 07:52 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Its not that hard NoOb, daily pheonix's or hydra's and you'll get that in less than a week Wink

10-14-2008 17:52 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Getting those PTS OF PROGRESS is only annoyance with BK

And low level 1H gunners who never go on expos cos they are never taken

Your imperfection.
10-15-2008 00:09 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
Its not that hard NoOb, daily pheonix's or hydra's and you'll get that in less than a week Wink

Not all of us have high enough agility to hit hydras and if you look my ingame awards lol..

quote:

10-15-2008 07:56 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad

Not all of us have high enough agility to hit hydras and if you look my ingame awards lol..

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8ccd3b6166
enough said, really all you need is over 125 and you can do decent damage.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 10-15-2008 17:06.

10-15-2008 17:03 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Anti

ouch, thats a godlike amount of agility Big Grin , which is probably easy to get at your lvl :3, so is it prob best for me to start saving up pop now as phoenix and hydra expos are a lil bit too challenging Big Grin
10-15-2008 19:41 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Fair dos Lys but with Youth which I am still to get my agility will be a mere 110 so it's getting that extra 15 agility that is the problem. Only difficulty of Black Knights getting to actually hit things Wink

quote:

10-15-2008 21:13 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Anti

but i guess the BK tattoo which gives +hit will be a crowd pleaser Big Grin
10-16-2008 19:13 Anti is offline Search for Posts by Anti Add Anti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Damage Tattoo

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH