Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » War? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page War? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

War? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'm putting it here to be safe.
With the recent flop of the DB/BoS war (no offense intended, I understand both parties were too busy to arrange and what not), I kind of got to thinking.
Maybe, provided all clans agreed to it, we could ALL do an all out PoH-type war. Not for squares, just all the clans siegeing people around them for PoH no matter who has it or who doesn't. Basically saying "screw arranged sieges, we're coming in full force-best side wins". If everyone was willing (and by everyone I mean all the clans on the board) I think it would make things a heck of a lot more interesting then logging on, attacking, questing...logging off. then repeating the process.
And by doing non-arranged sieges, it really wouldn't matter if a person in the clan didn't have the time to arrange something with another clan. A siege list could be put up in clan just to let members know who that clan is sieging on what day. The list could be determined by who would have a pretty much equal chance of beating that clan.
I know some of the higher up clans would have problems since there's only so many clans they can siege, but mercs could go out and about on a daily basis to make things even more interesting. they just join whoever when ever type of thing.
It would mean risking honor if you have it (personally I have over 1000 honor and at the rate things are going I'm willing to risk it) but at least it would breathe some life into this game.
After about a weeks time we could all go back to arranging and what not, I'm not saying we all would go after each other in bad blood or something like that. I mean really you're just losing PoH, not a square. PoH can easily be gotten back after we have some excitement.
Again though the only way it would work is if all clans agreed and everyone was willing to risk giving up their honor.
Just a suggestion, I'm not saying DARK is going to start going crazy and siegeing everyone or anything. It's just been a common theme amoung a few people I know that the game is getting really boring. Something like this would make things interesting.
Yes no? anyone?

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

10-19-2008 15:43 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sounds like the exact kinda thing the server needs xD and you know im behind it Big Grin
10-19-2008 16:09 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lysandra
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now if only we could get more response...lol And I know you're behind it titan...LOL.

quote:

10-19-2008 16:11 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Yeah - all out war for the hell of it!
I like the cut of your jib. Big Grin

I agree, though it may mean that some clans will win more poh than others, but it certainly would be fun. I haven't had any poh for about a month & when I get it I usually spend it as quick as possible doing as many expos as I can! Big Grin
Arranged sieges are so dull, and it creates tension in the clans; "only allowed to join the siege if you are under 100 points" "keep the siege even or no-one will get honor" - its not very inspiring stuff....

POH WAR!

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-19-2008 18:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

It sounds like a fun idea but I personally think there will still be a few clans who don't play fair.

10-19-2008 18:24 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

to be honest im for and against it, to get the poh moving yeah, but why should we have to, if the devs did what they promised we would have a new way of group fight that swaps poh, where did that idea go, my only probs is its taken ages to lose our bad rep in cos, and what so we can get one again for hitting lower clans than ourselves, i mean whats the point hitting the higher clans, were not gonna get anything from it, might as well change our clan name to the buffet

and play fair how? db and bos kill us all and thats the end of that, every powerful vamp in the game will just join the top 4 clans for the protection, at least now players are relativly well spread out, it will end up like the premiership

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by faceeater: 10-19-2008 18:32.

10-19-2008 18:28 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

As an idea to have fun I have to say I like it. It would just require a higher level of organisation. I will help as I can. There need to be set rules.

10-19-2008 18:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

Yeah its a brill idea but will the server cope with it

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
10-19-2008 18:57 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

hmm...sounds fun and would love to be involved but like diablo said it would need major organisation but hey I'm up for it Tongue

10-19-2008 20:23 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

RE: War? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

how about a league format like champions league, with all who are interested, put 1 or 2 players in charge of fixtures, limit the points per clan (quite high but not massive) play each of the teams in your group of 4 once, best clan in the group goes to next lvl, until there is 1 clan left, the WINNER, gets bragging rights till end of next tournament

those that break the rules instant loss to that side, points could be like 1250 points to 1750 points, rising by round

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by faceeater: 10-19-2008 20:34.

10-19-2008 20:33 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
DeathRanger

images/avatars/avatar-216.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2008
Clan: TRC

im up for it! at the end of the day its a game and u can get PoH anytime u want so why not make the game a bit more fun!

Iv never been in a total clan siege where everyone jjoins that would be AWESOME.

People dont need to run to the top clans its to see where your clan fits in regardless of points!!

Good idea lysnadra il try get my clan involved!

10-19-2008 20:36 DeathRanger is offline Search for Posts by DeathRanger Add DeathRanger to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@faceeater: ah yes that group thing...I wonder if we'll ever see it. And i don't mean we hit lower clans, i mean we hit clans around you. Like if you're 13th ranking you hit the 12th and 14th ranking or if you feel daring you hit those in the 11th and 10th spot..exc.
@Cthu..: (your name is hard to spell for my half-dead brain...lol) hence war, everything is so BLEH right now, theres nothing interesting in the game. if we arrange sieges its so boring. Personally, I've been in about 3 sieges this month because of arranged sieges. Its been so long I can hardly remember what kind of damage my clan can do.
@Hespera: True enough, there may be one or two who'll just ruin it for everyone. but then we can all gang up on those one or two...lol
@diablo and QQQ: like I said, its just an idea. For it to actually work we would set up some base rules, like say to all the clan leaders (since we're all pretty much decent people) that if they see a siege started that the opposing clan has no chance of winning they call it. So for example if one of my guys sieged whoevers in the say 13th ranked spot and there's no way that clan could pull a win or even have an equal siege, I call it.
I mean we do want mass sieging but we don't want clans to be bullied out of resources.
And with the larger clans (like over 5000 POP) they could arrange it so that maybe one person stays out of one siege but is in a higher level siege.
Like I said, this is an idea to breathe life back into the game and gives everyone something to do instead of wandering in, doing attacks and an occasional expo and wandering out. We'd have to think up rules and ways to organize it so we can have a 'fair/clean war'. Still fun enough because we all go all in, but we make it so people won't be bullied constanly. Heck, we can post the sieges messages between each clan in thread so we can all monitor who's sieging who and make sure no ones getting bullied.

man i'm writing a lot today... my brain hurts....lol

EDIT: i like that one faceeater. Didn't see it before posting this.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 10-19-2008 20:37.

10-19-2008 20:36 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
faceeater
Triple Ace

ive been messageing clans for a while and saying fancy an all in siege everyone join who wants and we will even it out at the end, thats what happened today, ok it worked out in our favour, but the fact poh changed hands meant it could have gone either way, COVEN sorry if you dont want this posted pm me and i will edit the post, today we went in too strong so 4 of us fought but naked,

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f6417a6940

i think this way of thinking should should be adopted more, and if we can we always siege 2/3 places and 2/3 places below, ita just poh and blood who cares!

by the way thanks for the poh hespera this is what we killed with some of it, i will send you a nice plate from the bbq

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3c1caaf8f1

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by faceeater: 10-20-2008 15:19.

10-19-2008 20:54 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Yes, something like that faceeater. I remember back in the days when DARK first began every siege we'd be biting our nails wondering if we won or lost. We need to bring that feeling back.
Now, imagine that across the whole board. Smile
And faceeater on your earlier suggestion, that would be awesome to try and work out.
Again, these are great ideas we just need full support from the entire board (or at the very least the leaders) or it'll blow up in our faces.

quote:

10-19-2008 21:02 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

all-out war?
the thought of it is unbearably exciting,
im behind it 100%

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
10-19-2008 21:13 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

All out war... I'm in a good place Big Grin

Still I like it, imagine logging on to five or six sieges coming at you.... people in lower clans will probs have more fun with it, because they will be in constant multitudes of sigeing, it may also help shift the blood balance

Your imperfection.
10-19-2008 23:07 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

The war will start soon...if people want it to, although it might need some lvl of organisation like diablo mentioned.

I say the 1st week should be completly rule-less tho. Complete anarchy across the board, sounds good eh?
10-19-2008 23:53 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I think though it should be as stated only resource NOT takeovers... unleesss people wouldve take nthe square anyway

Your imperfection.
10-19-2008 23:59 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

better then a whole week. why not do an all out war across the board on iether the 1st or last day of each month. that way people will b more inclined to join as they will have another 4 weeks to do the normal poh sieges and that way it won't get over done and piss people or clans off that get sieged by more then 1 clan. just a thought

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-20-2008 00:28 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Igor

images/avatars/avatar-253.jpg

Registration Date: 12-26-2007

link to the aforementioned COS vs Coven fight:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f6417a6940
10-20-2008 09:01 Igor is offline Search for Posts by Igor Add Igor to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@Raxis-that's the plan. Just resource PoH sieges not square sieges.
@icecold-i like that plan. or we 'war' for a week then three weeks we arragange just to keep things interesting.
I think we need a few more leaders to actually post here though, theres a lot of clans with still no representation.
@Igor-yeah, like that. we could all watching the points so it goes dead even or close to. I remember a siege DARK had with DB the points were like 1750 vs 1700 or something like that. DARK won but only two or three of us got honor.

quote:

10-20-2008 12:21 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
AudatiousTitan
Lord

I have made a temp poh clan and just thought, mabye as a trial it can be used as a "temp" poh war clan?

Mabye a few other clans would be will to try this as a precussor to a larger scale poh war, or we could actually just go all out on every1 and have a proper poh war(with me back at dark)

Any ideas?
10-21-2008 01:32 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
tatiana

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

that could be nice indeed Evil
10-21-2008 01:40 tatiana is offline Search for Posts by tatiana Add tatiana to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

Actually its funny, one clan has liked my idea so much they all ready started...lol.
And Lestat mentioned something about a clan wanting to war with NIGHT, seems like it is slowly catching on. Smile

quote:

10-21-2008 15:27 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

Smile Great idea, especially the tournament! BLP are up for it if it can be organised Smile
10-21-2008 15:31 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Chopski
Smile Great idea, especially the tournament! BLP are up for it if it can be organised Smile

actually you're the clan all ready attacking us...LOL. go figure, when half our clan is out getting PoH we get attacked in war. Ah well, should be fun anyway it's been a good long while since I've been in a siege. ooooo..... I get to test my new weapon Big Grin

quote:

10-21-2008 16:12 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
AudatiousTitan
Lord

oooh, idea. We are in a poh seige against end and cesarz join them. I think this is a good oppertunity for a big poh seige, all out on both sides, so if any one is uo for it, join my poh clan(dos) or end(iuf they are up for it,. ,and we can have a huge seige
10-22-2008 15:52 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Kleks
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-289.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2007
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: A.S

Arranged sieges are more sufficient for mid lvls and basicly (excluding BoS) mid lvls are more important than 2 or 3 top hitters.
You can disagree with me but this is my opinion.

I'm against that idea since total server war will only make stronger player even more stronger leaving faar behind mid lvls.

And i'm talking as a leader of BC, most of you know my clan policy and i'm having high pointage players as a support for mid lvls not as a assault force that takes all from siege leaving nothing for the rest.

My experience.
Top hitters in siege = fair ammount of points for them = few good expos
Arraged sieges for mid lvls (when top hitters got their share of loot already) = still few good expos + bunch of smaller ones that we can act as support = even more exp plus clan is getting points faster.

Still it's only my opinion but taking care of mid lvls benefits to entire clan, having server wide poh war not that much.

10-22-2008 21:10 Kleks is offline Homepage of Kleks Search for Posts by Kleks Add Kleks to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kleks: . YIM Account Name of Kleks: . View the MSN Profile for Kleks
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

I agree with Belf on this. The only ones profitting from such events are the high level players, not only in their own clan but also from having to wander through other clans to balance the sieges out.

Some forget how hard it is to actually get PoH if you are below level 50 and not blessed with an amazing streak of luck to have top-notch equipment. For many of the small to mid level players the bit of PoH they manage to gain is precious and I wouldn't want to force them to waste it to entertain a bored crowd of high level players.

As a side remark I find it a bit of hypocritical if you doom on the one hand square sieges by black sheeping the offending clans (see CoS thread) and on the other hand cry for more "all-out" sieges. It is rather interesting to see that the UK server is the most peaceful realm of all. Not that I mind that at all but I am used to have 1 square siege a day from other servers. Theres alot more bashing and bloodbath going on there than here.
But then again as said, peaceful ain't not that bad either and for sure much better than having to organise defenses and countersieges every second day Wink

At the end of the day I'd think that those that want to have all out wars should form 2 temporary clans, even those out and go at it. That way you guys got your fun and the others that don't want to partake are not forced into anything. Smile
10-22-2008 21:47 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

who is black sheeping cos??? and what i am talking about isnt all out war across the board. I am a mid lvl, and rarely have poh and know where belf and shasu are coming from, especially as i organise seiges when i am at dark. What i was mearly suggesting was a a week long poh war or a few seiges. And as i mentioned in a previous post, i have a temp poh clan at the moment was was saying we could use it to try all out seiges. This will not afffect any unwilling clans and nothing will be forced on anyone. I have already called off a seige as i was asked too Tongue

An all out poh war would be nice, but would need set rules, all i was saying is that its a nice idea Smile
10-23-2008 01:39 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

And we could do a war without mercenary, meeaning clan do siege within their range of point which would exclude the two top clan, but could de fun in the mid level clan (I remember when with the black masquerade we were around 15 place we could make some all in siege with clan around us and no one knew of who would win at first).

And what I think is more important for mid level is too teach them how the game works (mid level who know already move fast because they have planned equipment, tatoos, evolution) such as even when to use arcana, how to use spy and find higher pointer targets that you can beat since they are specialised in something weak against you...

I have a lot more challenge and people who are lower than me that beat me now that i am high level than when I was in the 500 hundred ranking place where I had find many higher pointer to attack and since there was more target, i was a lot less attacked.

I don't mean to be rude, but for example some cultist use both arcana in defense or in offense, when only one is effective for each action.
Player who do not go on the board do not know the merge list which is really valuable, and makes many good item cheaper or available.
And so on, guiding means not only to help them get more experience it is to help them understand how to do that by themselve. (the first time I beat a white dragon I was level 42 or something, and some player in my clan who did the same thing around this timer were level 36 or 27; with good planning and sometime favoring a path, when tatoos cost less than twice or thirce your stats upgrade, just go for them they bring so many more things than one points in stats, except when requirements comes into the plan)
10-23-2008 02:16 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » War?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH