Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New type of server idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New type of server idea 8 Votes - Average Rating: 5.63
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

New type of server idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it would be awesome if there was a server where there was no clans where you can only expo with people in the same sector, you can't siege for squares meaning you have to build or you can only swap squares within the sector and the sector overseer could get some sort of bonus(stole that bit of the idea)

Any thoughts?

Edit: maybe make sector alliances a real thing so you can't physically attack someone you're allied with etc

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-20-2012 22:25.

07-20-2012 22:20 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

RE: New type of server idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
and the sector overseer could get some sort of bonus

A very ingenious, witty, sexy guy must've come up with that idea.......

I really like this thought though I may add I think it'd be good if the z5 overseers could be subject to the will of the z4 overseers and so on and so forth. Like a chain of hierarchy or power. [edit/] with the chance to overthrow them at some point if someone gets too corrupt somehow...

And maybe finally include the Lord of Darkness somewhere in this? Like we could sacrifice things to him in hope of the expo we we're hunting for or a resurrection of some kind.... I dunno, I'm just typing what's in my head without actually thinking it through....

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 07-20-2012 22:34.

07-20-2012 22:32 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you need sieges so the z5 can move about and make it so you can only siege some one in a zone above you other wize you wouldn't be able to move about however without clans fulll defecne gear would be hard to take over
07-20-2012 23:09 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Trigerog

Registration Date: 07-09-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think realm like that would be really boring Wink

07-20-2012 23:27 Trigerog is offline Search for Posts by Trigerog Add Trigerog to your Buddy List Add Trigerog to your Contact List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

so no one would be allowed move to a different sector? how would there be overseers, and if people can't siege squares then what happens to z1/z2? what if people in your sector decide to leave the game, wouldn't you be left screwed with no one to expo with?

07-20-2012 23:29 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap

quote:
Originally posted by Trigerog
I think realm like that would be really boring Wink

Very helpful reply thanks Smile

After some consideration sieging is allowed Tongue

07-20-2012 23:31 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

quote:
where you can only expo with people in the same sector

Who does Z1 owner expo with?

07-20-2012 23:33 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010
Race in game: Absorber

This Is Stupid Tbh Another Server Idea Like Underworld Merged With Necro Would Be Awsome And And The No Seiges and Clans And Such Stupid The Sector Over Seer Should Get Somthing From The Sector They Over See But Its All Been Disscussed And Nothing Happening With That I Don't Think

07-20-2012 23:34 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Clan: bunnies

ANOTHER SERVER IDEA....????

THE DEVS IGNORE THE 2 UK SERVERS WE HAVE AND U WANNA INTRODUCE A THIRD LOL

NUFF SAID

( not to say ur idea or ideas in general are bad but thats my take on the matter)
07-21-2012 00:14 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by franz
quote:

Dunno anyone in z2? Just a rough idea at the minute not ironed everything out

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
This Is Stupid Tbh Another Server Idea Like Underworld Merged With Necro Would Be Awsome And And The No Seiges and Clans And Such Stupid The Sector Over Seer Should Get Somthing From The Sector They Over See But Its All Been Disscussed And Nothing Happening With That I Don't Think

If you can't type please don't reply again and it's nothing like UW or Necro, I said sieges are allowed and the no clans thing is to stop super powers and mega wars. Tbh your opinion is worthless you don't know how to play the game properly sorry

quote:
Originally posted by brundlefly
ANOTHER SERVER IDEA....????

THE DEVS IGNORE THE 2 UK SERVERS WE HAVE AND U WANNA INTRODUCE A THIRD LOL

NUFF SAID

( not to say ur idea or ideas in general are bad but thats my take on the matter)

So because we're ignored I should supress my ideas, I think not, no more posts like this either please it's a post about an idea not how we get ignored

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-21-2012 01:10.

07-21-2012 01:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
quote:

That's where the Lord of Darkness will sit, only when someone is strong enough they can challenge him, if they win and defeat him they stay there for a while, find items only obtained in that square, really good bonuses and stuff, then LoD resurrects himself, boots you from the square whilst you've got your guard down and bans you from challenging him for a month to save the same few people constantly using it.

After re-reading that I realise that I think wayyyy too much in to things.

Edit: Also how about if whoever is sat in Z1 gets to do his own personal expos, just 1 on 1 combat vs groups of smaller enemies like a flock of phoenix, or have some new ones thought up.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 07-21-2012 01:22.

07-21-2012 01:18 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
owling

images/avatars/avatar-1062.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [WJS]

nice idea mate!!!

07-21-2012 06:23 owling is offline Search for Posts by owling Add owling to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

If you want to struggle/fight with someone, the easy mode is to do a new simple patch where you can send an invitation to a duel, and people will know that you want to compare your powers, not to farm them until you find him in defense or attack kit...

like expos and arenas, but in this case is 1 vs 1 in maximum equipment with buildings or not...

07-21-2012 08:32 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
quote:
quote:

That's where the Lord of Darkness will sit, only when someone is strong enough they can challenge him, if they win and defeat him they stay there for a while, find items only obtained in that square, really good bonuses and stuff, then LoD resurrects himself, boots you from the square whilst you've got your guard down and bans you from challenging him for a month to save the same few people constantly using it.

After re-reading that I realise that I think wayyyy too much in to things.

Edit: Also how about if whoever is sat in Z1 gets to do his own personal expos, just 1 on 1 combat vs groups of smaller enemies like a flock of phoenix, or have some new ones thought up.

Ha! That sounds awesome! Would love to see a report of some of the top 50 trying to kill 2 Nobles or somet lol

07-21-2012 08:50 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Pingu

Registration Date: 01-01-2012
Clan: Boot Camp

Instead of the lord of darkness guy just 'booting' someone out of the Z1 , Why don't you do it so when you attack him to move to the Z1 he goes into your square and ambushes you every day or so to take the Z1 back forr himseelf getting stronger for longer he's out of the Z1 then when he takit you go back to your original square?

And the Z1 player can expo with the Lord of darkness or something?
You COULD make it so you can pick how he equip's himself in an expo and while upgrading your char also upgrade him..Think of it as a personal body guard and only you can upgrade him then when someone else takes the Z1 LOD resets and then when your in the Z1 his stats return?

Just an idea..I like the fact of a new server :-)

Also it could be called ' The Realm of Darkness' or 'The Darkness Realm' Big Grin

FT - Very nice idea btw Wink I couldn't be on muyh to read all the comments but it seems good Big Grin

For it was the Boot Camp I Was born..And now it is the legion I live...

LONG LIVE THE MOTHER FUDGING LEGION! ;-)
07-23-2012 01:12 Pingu is offline Search for Posts by Pingu Add Pingu to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
Originally posted by Pingu
Also it could be called ' The Realm of Darkness' or 'The Darkness Realm' Big Grin

That doesn't fit in with the other names like Moria or Necropolis.

I was thinking 'Nox Aeterna' sounds good. It's Latin for 'eternal darkness' which is quite fitting for a Vamp game set in a post-apocalyptic world.

07-23-2012 01:54 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Firetrap
Lord

Was thinking of somet like Purgatory but name ain't needed just yet Tongue

I like the idea of expoing with the LOD Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-23-2012 08:45.

07-23-2012 08:44 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Pingu

Registration Date: 01-01-2012
Clan: Boot Camp

You could also make new quest types so the items you find can only be used for the Lord of Darkness aswell as new stones with a new aution system that are only items the LOD can wear and make the stones harder to get?

I.E.

5 points for a bloodstone
20 points for a heart stone
50 points for a life stone
75 points for a merge stone
150 points for a soul stone

Something like that?Wink

For it was the Boot Camp I Was born..And now it is the legion I live...

LONG LIVE THE MOTHER FUDGING LEGION! ;-)
07-23-2012 19:01 Pingu is offline Search for Posts by Pingu Add Pingu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I think you're taking the WARS out of BLOODWARS with this kind of servers

07-23-2012 22:40 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

szes there no WARS in BLOODWARS on english server lol we need an all out war server Smile or a new moira server without the poh patch on

07-23-2012 22:47 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Could make it every man for himself with sieges allowed but mobs made solo'able or again expo with people around you

07-24-2012 16:41 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » New type of server idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH