Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » ranged hit calculation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ranged hit calculation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
diochawolper
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 06-14-2007
Race in game: Absorber

ranged hit calculation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wonder how ranged is calculated, because it's based on agility and perception. but how exactly?

is it like your agility + perception vs opponents agility + perception
or is it like your agility * perception vs opponents agility * perception
or any other calculation

because if it would be the first calculation then i guess there is no point in getting perception if you are using a ranged weapon because it is easier to get high agility

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diochawolper: 10-21-2008 20:26.

10-21-2008 20:23 diochawolper is offline Search for Posts by diochawolper Add diochawolper to your Buddy List
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The 1st one Smile
10-21-2008 20:27 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's the first one.

The point is that you'll never have more agility than a good zerker/assassin so perception helps you keep it up and hit them Wink

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-21-2008 20:28 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

also if u wanted to hit any 1 useing guns then u need perception to hit them so it's good to try and stay as balanced as much as possible

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-21-2008 20:30 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

@icecold why would your perception matter if you hit based on both agi+perc?????

ive always wondered why dont ranged users just concentrate on one stat since they both count.....

like if a gunman had 80 perc
and you had 30 perc but 90 agi....would you not still be able to hit since 30+90=120

dont know much bout ranged so if this is a noobish question then im a big noob lol
10-21-2008 23:47 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

i suppose it could work, but i always found it harder to hit those using guns when my perception was lower. at the end of the day it's still better to keep them both as even as possible and also u'll have more chance of doging those using guns if ur perception is higher and less chance of a melle player getting through. it's the way i play and it seems to just about work out for me

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-22-2008 00:28 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

Because when fighting a gunner you still calculate it according to their perception and agility..

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
10-22-2008 09:22 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Perception is a must to avoid most ambush and to defend against gun user, going for agility could work in the sum but you would be more vulnerable to gunner and you will never get high enough in agility to bother two one handed melee weapon users. (so in the end still vulnerable to melle and gets weaker again gunners)
10-22-2008 12:54 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-12-2008
Clan: BLP !

range weapons hit if u got more perc + agi then ur opp perc + agi.
you ask why ppl dont focus on one stat? Maybe look at this in such way : g helmet of adrenaline give u around 20 agi, while g head band of preko gives almost 50 perc. That's the + of reange users. They got some items that gives way more one stat then other but again they cant get so much stats from the weapon s meele users can have.
11-20-2008 10:57 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » ranged hit calculation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH