Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R2 Necropolis » swearing on public chat » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page swearing on public chat 12 Votes - Average Rating: 7.0012 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

swearing on public chat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sapling 20:25 time, only that you wrote it with first letters not means it s not swearing.

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

08-01-2012 20:35 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

RE: swearing on public chat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ghaldria
sapling 20:25 time, only that you wrote it with first letters not means it s not swearing.

Yes please ban me because I wrote "gtfo", that would be so awesome.
08-01-2012 20:41 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ghaldria
RE: swearing on public chat Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sapling
quote:

just to not give possibility to hide that he wrote that again, here it gives 4th warn

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

08-01-2012 20:42 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sapling
quote:

just to not give possibility to hide that he wrote that again, here it gives 4th warn

I am quoting myself just to make sure nothing is hidden. Cooperation with Ghaldria the Almighty Ranking Player Number One and His Clan of Flying Monkeys at its fullest.

Edit : Also I voted Thumbs up 10 on this thread. Best thread ever.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 08-01-2012 21:17.

08-01-2012 20:45 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

24h, it's still an offensive word, even if abbreviated or dotted or replaced with asterisks

08-02-2012 03:09 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So why can they get away with it in newspapers, on tv and such? An asterix is exactly the same as when they mute part of the swear word on a song and that is classed as none offensive otherwise they wouldn't get away with it. Taking things a bit far with this ain't ya

Its an abbreviation that could literally mean anything, you are only assuming he meant a swear word and surely banning someone from an assumption is wrong as assumption is the mother of all mess ups

+1 by...?

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 08-02-2012 10:45.

08-02-2012 10:23 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Szeszej
Administrator

I do not know why they get away with it, but if they played BW they'd get banned Wink

08-03-2012 02:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Bowmore

images/avatars/avatar-1122.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
24h, it's still an offensive word, even if abbreviated or dotted or replaced with asterisks

Not wanting to provoke any retributions, but does this not apply to Szeszej's avatar?

08-06-2012 23:42 Bowmore is offline Search for Posts by Bowmore Add Bowmore to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Righto! I will ban it Wink If somebody makes a complaint I will certainly take action Smile

08-07-2012 23:28 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Trigerog

Registration Date: 07-09-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Bowmore
quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Not wanting to provoke any retributions, but does this not apply to Szeszej's avatar?

I think Szenszej´s avatar is sometimes even too weak reaction to what people do on the board Wink

08-08-2012 05:54 Trigerog is offline Search for Posts by Trigerog Add Trigerog to your Buddy List Add Trigerog to your Contact List
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

Gotta say it's looking silly if you start banning people for stuff like abbreviations, especially as demonstrated, as people are saying, by your own profile picture,
We all do it,

If it persists to this level then when do you stop really? Will it get to the point where we class everyday words used in substitution as offensive as well? I fluffed that up -gets reported-

People that report on this game for stuff like an abbreviation are hypocrits, most likely use the same words themselves, however report it to get someone they dislike in trouble,

If we start banning for abreviations then I think most of us should be banned for a good 3 months to catch on all the ones you'll of missed.

Also if thats the case if I said that someone proclaiming them self to be god is against my religion that worships just one god and this offends me, would that get them a ban?

Cos as far as I am aware wars HAVE been thought over religion but I don't recall one over someone saying wtf? (If anyone can correct me on this, shush, unless thats too offensive, in which case please stay quiet)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeikun: 08-08-2012 10:42.

08-08-2012 10:31 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Let's be honest. That WTF isn't aimed at anybody.

When you say GTFO that is aimed at somebody.. I think this is the difference here.
08-08-2012 11:37 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Still wtf we all know what the f stands for

Gtfo could mean get the funk on

I feel szej is in the wrong for banning sapling hence why I put a complaint on

08-08-2012 11:54 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Your argument is invalid. WTF = where's the fridge..
08-08-2012 11:57 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

In the kitchen and still sapling ment get the funk on so I want his avatar changed as he banned someone on assumptions so I made assumptions that his avatar ment what everyone thought it ment

08-08-2012 12:02 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

His avatar means where's the fridge. Thats your mis interpretation.
08-08-2012 12:59 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Well as I stated I interpeted it as something foul so I have stated in complaints if you wish to discuss this in more detail feel free to pm as we both are going to receive warnings if we keep spamming in this thread as a mod you should know that

08-08-2012 13:15 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

since people seem incapable of reading rules of complaints thread, ive taken the liberty of copy and pasting it here.....most notably, the bit at the bottom.

Complaints that may be made here:
1. offensive / insulting messages in the game or reallife threats.
2. profile breaking regulations (offensive language, text size, image etc.)
3. nick breaking regulations

Other reports or questions etc. will be punished with warning

In order to make a complaint you need to give us:

1) your id in-game (is found in 'Premium account' tab'),
2) character's name or id of a player who wrote a message that breaks the regulations, contains offensive words etc.
3) if complaint concerns message that breaks the regulations, you need to paste a link to that message ir message id (is found in link when reading a message):
http://r1.bloodwars.net/index.php?a=msg&do=view&mid=xxxxxx
xxxxxx is message

WARNING! Do NOT quote the message!
4) if complaint concerns profile or image which evidently breaks the regulations, you need firstly to send that player a message with request to change it and only if he/she refuses or doesn't reply in 24h, then you may post it here. We require your message ID and message ID of reply (if there is any)
5) send complaints on Moderators directly to Super Moderator in a private message together with exact problem description. Send complaints on Operators and Super Moderators to Administrators

If complaint doesn't regard you, do NOT post! Needless posts will be treated as spam and rewarded with a warning!

"rewards" given

08-08-2012 15:45 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R2 Necropolis » swearing on public chat

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH