Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Barbairan » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Barbairan
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Agresiel
Trade Mod "Poor, Poor Me"

Registration Date: 02-11-2008

Barbairan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i was thinking of different styles of combat and such and it got me thinking about maybe another tat set so her goes ive tryed to make it as fair and balanced as i can

The Barbairan
Required weapon
two-handed melee weapon

Requirements: helmet defence max 0, armour defence max 0, pants defence max 0

RECKLESSNESS
level1= all weapon damage +5
level2= all weapon damage +8
level3= all weapon damage +12
level4= all weapon damage +15
level5= all weapon damage +20

HEARTY CONSITUTION
level1= 3% hp bonus
level2= 5% hp bonus
level3= 8% hp bonus
level4= 10% hp bonus
level5= 15% hp bonus

BLADE OF FURY
level1= crit chance reduced -5%
level2= crit chance reduced -15%
level3= crit chance reduced -30%
level4= crit chance reduced -45%, reduces all items defence to 0
level5= crit chance reduced -70%, reduces all items defence to 0, can weild 2, two-handed melee weapons

SOUL OF A FIGHTER
level1= exp bonus +2%, two handed stat requirements reduced by 2%
level2= exp bonus +3%, two handed stat requirements reduced by 4%
level3= exp bonus +5%, two handed stat requirements reduced by 5%
level4= exp bonus +7%, two handed stat requirements reduced by 8%
level5= exp bonus +10%, two handed stat requirements reduced by 10%

the idea comes from an insanely strong and crazy vampire,running about with two massive weapons obviously i had to put some big drawbacks in those being - to crit,low exp gain and zero defence, and i was thinking of maybe makeing it race specific (this would be beastmaster) maybe an absorber could be samuri based.

share your thoughts and tell me what you think and if ya like the idea???
pick holes and ill alter what seems apropriate i know the devs will NEVER AGREE TO THIS but its just aa bit of fun Smile

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-28-2008 06:48.

10-28-2008 06:30 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i like that but instead of swords it should b based on axes for the barbarian and def samurai for the absorber. very nice and will actually make it more realistic to the pics of the 2 races

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-28-2008 06:35 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think its quite a good idea, the minus to crit would elp to stop it doing scary amounts of damage [well it still will but beside the point]
the only problem i can see is the stat reduction, perhaps this makes a little bit overpowered

it would be an intersting tattoe to say the least
10-28-2008 06:36 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Agresiel

Thread Starter Thread Started by Agresiel

I wasnt sure about the stat reduction but after looking at the auction house i noticed that the natural downside to twohanded is massive stat requirements and a as someone is suposed to be specielised it would make sense that they could use em at higher levels and its only 10% max and who gets the exp tat that high anyway only the top say 10-20

icecold
yeah when i first started i was gonna go absorber coz of the pics samuri-cool so i would have but then i found out it has no effect so this would make the discriptions more relavent

oh and there are two handed axes Wink no need to make it even more resticted

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-28-2008 06:46.

10-28-2008 06:42 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

A samurai based tattoo set would be Ideal and I would go for it, wakizashi + katana Tongue
On this one though, well I think the crit reduction is a little much... also the tattoo is AWFUL until it gets it's last bonus

How about
level 3: -crit Reduce all item defnce to 0
Level 4: -crit Reduce item def to 0, Wield 2 2H weapons at 2/3 damage each
level five " " " at full damage

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 01:09 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

good idea :o

couple things thou;

"Recklessness" the wep damage (i think) should be the same as BK
and blade of fury is pointless; no one would get it just for that... no weapon on the game gives +70% chance to crit hit.. if you were going to do something like that i would say -25% at level 5 (good murderous +1) 2h melee is usless without crits Wink
and i would stick a extra attack in there Tongue

love soul of a fighter idea Smile who ever has it might be able to wield good murderous mace of suicide (+) within the next 10 years instead of never! Big Grin yay lol

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-29-2008 01:16.

10-29-2008 01:16 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Yes but if they get the 2 two handed weapons then they can wield it in each hand... AND not have to use suicide, but maybe G murderous of basilisk Or even radiating of basilisk and Viola Tongue

Or maybe a huge HP set up with 2 crystal mace of bloodsuckers Tongue

It really needs to be about -25/30% crit chance to be worth it.

Knight Iwouldn't stick extra attacks.... the could get that from the deadly set Tongue Or from speed

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 10-29-2008 03:28.

10-29-2008 01:22 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

i see... so u just want to take whats good about 2h (BK) like 3rd attack and kick it in the nuts? sure... sounds great Big Grin
im gonna swap to -38% chance to crit, lower/no defence, much lower chance to hit... AND only 2 attacks right now! lol Tongue the loss in stones will make it even more worth it -.-

10-29-2008 03:12 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
i see... so u just want to take whats good about 2h (BK) like 3rd attack and kick it in the nuts? sure... sounds great
im gonna swap to -38% chance to crit, lower/no defence, much lower chance to hit... AND only 2 attacks right now! lol the loss in stones will make it even more worth it -.-

2 attacks PER WEAPON! So four attacks.... with two different weapons, not to mention if they were legendary, or even poisonous mace of basilisk, that's a huge crit chance.

So with speed 6 attacks, and with beastmaster eight attacks....

8 attacks, each dealing the raw power that can be gained from 2H melee, and four times amage on crits. It's worht it

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 03:25 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Agresiel

i wanted to make it so that it can never crit or be stupidly hard to, there are weapons in the game that give 30-40% crit then add elvish or tigers set and bish bash bosh about 70% maybe more so thats why its so high

also its such a rubbish tat coz its so bloody powerfull at level 5 i mean look at bezerker tat thats crap till ya get the extra attack

besides this is meant mainly for beastmasters in mind 6 attacks with two handed power and the a crit thrown in maybe once per battle only if your high in the rankings mind as you would need awsome crit boosting equipment

10-29-2008 04:59 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

even with -70% crit chance ur garanteed to at least get 1 crit hit every round with 6 attacks any ways

10-29-2008 05:13 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
even with -70% crit chance ur garanteed to at least get 1 crit hit every round with 6 attacks any ways

I still think it's a little much off. Since most 2H users partially rely on their tats to get crits. With two handed weapons you need a crit or two per round really Tongue

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 10:38 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

-70%chance of crit is way to much; the max crit chance you can get is like 80/85%... even with the second wep it will be junk...

i would change them to;

RECKLESSNESS
level1= all weapon damage +12
level2= all weapon damage +24
level3= all weapon damage +48
level4= all weapon damage +60
level5= all weapon damage +75

BLADE OF FURY
level2= crit chance reduced -10%
level3= crit chance reduced -15%
level4= crit chance reduced -20%, reduces all items defence to 0
level5= crit chance reduced -25%, reduces all items defence to 0, can weild 2, two-handed melee weapons

at level 5:
good murderous Mace +1 = +0% chance of crit
good +2 = +3% "
good +3 = +6% "
good +4 = +9% "
good +5 = +12% "
not very much at all...
at level 3 BK (3rd attack) i have +43% chance of crit with good murderous +2...

and raxis; xxx of basilisk is next to impossbile to merge Wink and i as a 2h user wouldent use a 2h wep that didnt give agility... wtf is the point; i have much lower agility than a good 1h user already... i dont want to lower that anymore

10-29-2008 13:57 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
duanetomber

Registration Date: 07-21-2008
Clan: boot camp

yes but the tats on level five let you have two weapons so two murderous maces at good plus one would give you 25% crit

good +1 25% crit with level five tatoos
good +2 31% crit
good +3 37% crit
good +4 43% crit
good +5 49% crit

so as you see you would get high crit chance and you would get twice the amount of effects from weapons so an extra amount of agility in your case of murderous maces

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by duanetomber: 10-29-2008 14:16.

10-29-2008 14:13 duanetomber is offline Search for Posts by duanetomber Add duanetomber to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for duanetomber
Knightroad
Viking

eh.. dam u for editing! lol

with the -70% he has there now it would be;

good +1 -45% crit
good +2 -39% crit
good +3 -33% crit
good +4 -27% crit
good +5 -21% crit
(i think thats right; im confuseing myself here :rolleyesSmile

pointless...

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-29-2008 14:33.

10-29-2008 14:21 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
duanetomber

yes but if it was you -25% crit then you could still have high crit chance and it should be more like -35% crit but i think if they did make this new tatoo path then everybody would want to change to it and the whole server apart from say like 100-200 people would have this tatoo path

10-29-2008 14:39 duanetomber is offline Search for Posts by duanetomber Add duanetomber to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for duanetomber
Knightroad
Viking

lol.. i highly dout "everybody" will go for this tattoo... there are only like 10? 15? 2h melee users on this server... and i for 1 wouldent throw my crit chance away for this crap..

10-29-2008 14:42 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
duanetomber

but if it was only -25% crit then most people could find a good combo of weapons to give massive crits and if you could have 2x2h melee weapons i think you would change and find a combination of 2h weapons to give really high crits and a good crit chance

one combination
radiating mace of xxx
murderous mace of xxx

that would boost str agility crit and much more

10-29-2008 14:47 duanetomber is offline Search for Posts by duanetomber Add duanetomber to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for duanetomber
Knightroad
Viking

ok... lets say i changed to this tattoo and went for level 5 off the mark..
2 of my best weps from my armoury..

Murderous Two-handed sword of Bloodsucker (+4)
Effects: Chance to hit -16, attacks per round: 2, AGILITY +16, chance for critical hit +16 %, weapon damage +14, STRENGTH +11, TOUGHNESS +14, HP +20 %
Good Murderous Mace (+2)
Two-handed melee weapon
Damage: 51 - 75
Effects: Chance to hit -27, attacks per round: 2, AGILITY +22, chance for critical hit +28 %, weapon damage +16

thats going to put me at;
75 strenght
141 agility
4 attacks
-26% chance of crit

with my current equipment (level 3 BK tats)
good murderous +2
64 strenght
125 agility
3 attacks
+ 43% chance of crit

and on top of that i can already hit on 141 agility.. infact i can beat some1 with 145 sometimes... and im only on level 3 tats... level 5 vs level 5 and i would kick the crap out of myself as a Barbairan... and i would beat myself in about 4 rounds... all because of crits..

10-29-2008 14:56 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
duanetomber

but i said in previous post if the -crit was -25% then you would have

4 attacks
18% crit and
75str 141 agility

and you could allways buy a different weapon to boost other things or have two of the same weapon

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by duanetomber: 10-29-2008 15:11.

10-29-2008 15:10 duanetomber is offline Search for Posts by duanetomber Add duanetomber to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for duanetomber
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

I'm not a melee user, so feel free to disregard this,
but I think you may be forgetting that with BK tattoos you need huge item defence for their effects to be active at level 5, and generally the items that meet these defence requirements have high stat requirements, no?

with this barbarian tattoo you wouldn't have that restriction at level 5, so not only would you be armed with 2x two handed melee weapons, but the rest of your equipment could potentially give you much higher bonuses: prefixes/suffixes could be aimed at stat/crit bonuses rather than defence and the basic item could be of lower requirements too (ie. cape instead of full plate mail)

I might have to agree that -70% chance for crits is a little much, but -25/30% is far too small. -50% is probably a fair deal Wink

overall the tattoo has alot of room for improvement, but then again, so do the tattoos in use already Tongue

10-29-2008 15:40 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Agresiel

wow knight road your just not getting the idea huh?

weild 2 two handed weapons
THAT MEANS 4 ATTACKS NORMALLY 2 FOR EACH HAND RITE
if you lower the crit rate and add the ridiculas dam bonus your sugessting then the tat would be patheticly overpowered a crit now doe 4times damage if you get 1-2 of them a round nothing would EVER survive think about it fitting honestly in the game and stop looking at short term weapons and look at long term weapons yes no-one has em but does that mean ya cant ever have it ???

beastmaster would have 6 attacks, i really dont get where your getting its like bk coz it just isnt and i dont know what the hell your on about with changeing the damage to bk coz BK DONT GET DAMAGE BONUS its hit bonus you should look it up mate, oh and another thing YOU WOULDNT USE THE SAME EQUIP AS it has different requirments

Demandred, it nowt like the black knight it the opposite black knight is a hp and armour tank that crits things to death

this guy is more of a crazy melee user that has NO armour and cant crit due to the very nature of two handed crits would mean death, i origanally put 50% minus but then i looked up the best two handed criter ya can get and it is something like 40% just on the weapon not to mention what it would be like at g+x then add a elvish cape that is way too high amount of crits so i thought 70 was adiquate

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-29-2008 15:51.

10-29-2008 15:42 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

so the barb is just a really shity zeker with 4 attacks with 2h... and no crit chance; like i said... no one will waste there pop and stones on it; people tend to go for powerful tats that are easy to max out... not shit thats easy to max... there is NO point in a tat that gives - crits... specaily 2h weps.. thats like giveing snipers minus to crit...
2h is useless without crits, without crits everything will out hit this tat even with 4 attacks.. try about 8 attacks and it might be useful... if you actully knew anything about 2h you would know that...

10-29-2008 18:53 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Agresiel

DUH ITS DESIGNED FOR BEASTMASTERS WHO WILL GET 8 ATTACKS

also it wont get out hit as it can weild two weapons thats two agi boosts plus can use any agi boost armour as id dont have to worry about req max and min so what you just said is a crock of s**t

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-29-2008 19:06.

10-29-2008 19:06 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

6 attacks not 8... and not everyone is a beastmaster and those who are would go zerker over this...

and like i just said; you know NOTHING about 2h weps... try one and see how well you do.... and im guessing your 1h melee

10-29-2008 19:22 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Agresiel

WOW SINCE KNIGHT ROAD HAS ABSOLUTELY NO VISION LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR HIM

Good Cap of Adrenaline +10
Good Elvish Cape +26
Good Amulet of Accuracy (+1) +13
Good Signet of Accuracy (+1) +10
Good Signet of Accuracy (+1)+10
Good Elvish Shorts (+1) +23
Good Light Mace of Inquisitor (+3) +24
Good Light Mace of Inquisitor (+3) +24

6*53 - 96+str+20 from tat

all of these were gotten of the closed auction
so thats +140 agi and thats not even having sufixes then u add base agi
u could even replace the mace with antique stuff with litte decrase
SO CANT HIT WHAT NOW? if you had actually had the foresight of thinking this through instead of blindley compareing it to a bk which you obviouly dont know yaself as you earlyer stated they get bonus damage WHEN they dont

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Agresiel: 10-30-2008 06:20.

10-29-2008 19:23 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

i have plenty of vison... i thought this was a great idea if you actully read further up which you clearly havent... or you have and are just ignoreing it...

you need to think about stuff; i know you have had it easy with zerker or assassin and have had to put 0 effort into your equipment..
your agility wont be 140 + base... because you know nothing about 2h weps, thouse mace's give -28 chance to hit each... add that with the 0 chance of crit hit... you will get pissed on by every zerker/assassin in the game... infact i might aswell just buy 2 1h weps and have 0 chance to crit and just farm you..

10-29-2008 19:35 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Agresiel

maces were a quick example and that isnt that much of a loss considering the amount of agi you could have

10-29-2008 19:39 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Indeed; is why i liked the idea in the first place.. 2h would be able to do something against 1h for a change... but i think the -70 crit chance is a little to much... -50 would be standable... and the +to hit should be a little higher as the - chance to hit from almost every 2h would render that part of the tattoo useless.

oo... how about this;

BLADE OF FURY
level2= crit chance reduced -10%
level3= crit chance reduced -20%
level4= crit chance reduced -40%, reduces all items defence to 0
level5= crit chance = 0 from all weapons, reduces all items defence to 0, can weild 2, two-handed melee weapons

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-29-2008 20:34.

10-29-2008 20:07 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I think that's it Knigfhtroad.

ANd as for your =comments about if X knew anything about 2H melee then they could have a say, is just a way of saying Im right you're wrong wiuthout giving evidence.

I think most people are forgetting that crit chance applies PER WEAPON though.

Thus even if two maces had 25% crit chance your overall with each mace would still only be 25% crit chance, thus -70% is far too high...

Knightroad the idea of weapon crit being zero is good. I think it should be weapon croit = 10%, to give a basic crit chance you see....

I just realised. Absorbers would have a field day critting with this! If they used (COuld get) elvish xxx of speed they'll slaughter, along with assassult cap of adrenaline ect.

Not perfect, but it'd slay a few things Tongue And with the 2H weapons legendary bonus it'd sorta be useful

Your imperfection.
10-29-2008 23:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

ur all forgetting that it's a race speciffic tat so only beast lords could use this tat

10-30-2008 02:01 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:

-----
ur all forgetting that it's a race speciffic tat so only beast lords could use this tat

not true.

It's geared towards beastmaster, but other races coulduse it (Except cursed one)

I mean thoughtcatcher gives massive HP to it.

Absorber gives Crit cance, and ability to steal arcanas, such as beastmaster extra attacks.

And cultist has agility AND searign blood, which is good with everything

Your imperfection.
10-30-2008 02:10 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Agresiel

i like the cri chance = zero infact i did think of it BUT i wanted ther to be some chance of a crit if you geared it right and this dont allow for it unless you just mean 0 from weapons and in that case you have still made it too powerfull, 70% would be fine i think maybe as low as 65% but not really any lower coz if absorbers got hold of this tat that would be it game over hence the maybe race specific

10-30-2008 06:24 Agresiel is offline Search for Posts by Agresiel Add Agresiel to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:

-----
i like the cri chance = zero infact i did think of it BUT i wanted ther to be some chance of a crit if you geared it right and this dont allow for it unless you just mean 0 from weapons and in that case you have still made it too powerfull, 70% would be fine i think maybe as low as 65% but not really any lower coz if absorbers got hold of this tat that would be it game over hence the maybe race specific

Uhh the absorber Arcana aint that good. And if it's race specific then I think it's a bad idea, any tattoo should be usable by any race, just with different effects.

And If it's crit chance from weapons = 0 then it wouldnt be too overpowered, beause even with elvish and an absorber it's a max of about 40% crit... whereas an Absorbr BK can get much more crits

Your imperfection.
10-31-2008 23:53 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Barbairan

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH