Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reduce max clan size » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Reduce max clan size 12 Votes - Average Rating: 4.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reduce max clan size Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Currently top clans can hold 46-50 people. This means tremendous concentration of power in few clans. Meaning that top clans can be near untouchable in sieges.

by example:
underworld
1. [BoS] Mortis 2011-04-03 09:00:50 50 / 50 362588
2. [D.B.] Black Rose 2010-11-18 23:07:23 43 / 48 207675
3. [HLL] rohlikus 2009-01-16 18:58:53 40 / 48 190357
4. [TFE] Deadpool 2012-02-28 20:54:35 41 / 45 86817

and on polish r2 where i also play:
1. [PSD] Mithrandir 2011-06-20 22:01:42 49 / 50 552637
2. [-Asylum-] heimdall 2011-10-04 10:00:11 49 / 49 386472
3. [B-S] Xclusiv 2011-09-27 18:08:46 45 / 50 353943
4. [N_G] kropka 2011-05-26 18:33:54 39 / 45 228202

On both servers number 1 and 2 clans are allies, but who is there to fight, number 3 clan is relatively close in points. But with protection from top clan, number 3 still have no chance versus number 2.

On our server this have resulted in a state of constant peace(in a game that includes "war" in its title)

On polish r2 top clan systematically burn squares of number 3 clan when they make too good squares.

I suggest to open up this situation by making changes to clan composition. I don't know how, but maybe reduce max size. Maybe setting it to 20, and while it makes good sense that clan leader level increases number of vampires he can control in clan. I also think this should be removed. Just setting size to max 20. Final.

I like my clan members, and it would be sad to say goodbye to 30 of them. But on the other hand top 4 clans would suddenly be 10 clans. Maybe they make alliances and such. But it would most certainly open the game, and create better possibility for war.

There would still be one/two clans that would be very difficult to touch, but they can't protect everyone. And with only 20 members, could they even afford to go help allies?

09-19-2012 09:29 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like being in a big clan with nice squares and items, but I can only agree with this.

The concentration of power has resulted in a completely fixed and stagnant form of the game.

+1 from me, 20 sounds like the right number for clan size.
09-19-2012 09:33 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

RE: Reduce max clan size Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
But on the other hand top 4 clans would suddenly be 10 clans.

That would be very interesting.

quote:
There would still be one/two clans that would be very difficult to touch, but they can't protect everyone. And with only 20 members, could they even afford to go help allies?

Nice easy way to open the server up to more war Big Grin

Might cause some trouble with expos tho

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

09-19-2012 10:11 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Obviously required number of builders for clan buildings would need changing as well Shocked

09-19-2012 10:19 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

The idea in general sounds good. However I don't know how many players (points) we will need for the highest koths, maybe they were available for those of you who participated in the beta, in that case let us know Smile

09-19-2012 13:42 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

i like the idea of smaller clan
but
think about finding team for expos and koh

09-19-2012 13:57 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

RE: Reduce max clan size Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Just setting size to max 20. Final.

remember another thing when you propose change to all server,
- there are necropolis server exist, your example didnt include any necropolis server

I see your suggestion only from high level point of view.

my suggestion for you are try playing with your best ability on necropolis server, french (necro and moria) server and/or tr/ru,
you will see "the bw world"

you said the problem is tremendous concentration of power in few clans.
why dont devide the clan (without clan max), they wont do that, why, because mostly people look safety+nice-clan-item/advancing than wars without take care the clan. if thats they want it, up to them.

try look at tr server, what happen if max clan only 20.

you want to clustered top clan without looking from wide point of view.
with clan building feature, I doubt it possible make another clan in "instant" for long run.

npc son's name : cpu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by npc: 11-17-2012 19:52.

09-19-2012 15:07 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

we have already spoken about this nndungu and yes I would love for this to become a reality.

this would also cause some upheaval for the zone 2s as 90% of the top clans all have one. with the top 4 clans being split into 10 clans the struggle for z3/z2 would become apparent again.

dont touch the z3 limit on clans though as this would cause a nice power struggle too.

all in all a good idea.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-19-2012 17:29 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

nice idea but i think reducing the z3 by 9 per clan wouldnt hurt since the clans would splilt no need for 12 players in a clan of 20 to hold z3
09-19-2012 19:45 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
deadpool923

Registration Date: 09-27-2008

A horrible horrible idea if im honest.

The top 50 players will be in the the top 2-3 clans - so how has anything really changed?

And to be honest, Im sorry but everyone in our clan has been together for god knows howlong, Im not kicking out lower loyal members just for the biggest hitters.

There is no point in changing the format of the game now - it is as life is - it has evolved into this where all the top playes are in the top 4 clans. We made it this way due to the power hungry people within the game. So we live with our mistakes and sacrifices.
09-19-2012 21:43 deadpool923 is offline Search for Posts by deadpool923 Add deadpool923 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

I'd like it if I made the cut of the 20 to stay in HLL but if I didn't make the cut I'd hate having to leave and would probably leave the game as I just wouldn't be able to stand getting my square flattened all the time as then getting evo would be impossible and holding res for an expo also impossible

09-19-2012 22:46 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

i like this idea Smile ! be good to get seiges going again

09-19-2012 22:52 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Theres 40 people in HLL, that would just go into 2 clans not 1.

I can see it from both angles. People who will disagree are the players who think they will lose squares / not expo etc. The players who will grow are the guys who think they will get better squares and get rid of the clan inactives and find the guys who are inactive.

Itll suck for alot of people but will it make the game better? I honestly cant say i guess id like to see it to try and bring some life into the game, maybe some sieges

But for example BOS having 50 people. They would pretty much be split between 3 clans.. So they would probably all be allied anyway.. same as DB if they split and HLL..

So your just breaking down the big clans into smaller clans of the same alliance.
09-19-2012 22:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

well if u play on polish r2 you should know that this idea has no chance to take place. i reckon this as pointless idea, as BW is not only about sieges. 'war' or battles as such exist in expos, arenas and koth. no need to divide clans as i will not change anything due to that u will have same playesrs not in 2 but 3 clans...

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

09-20-2012 06:12 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

There wouldn't still be any room for smaller players and the game would become more elitist . While I'm indifferent with, others might disagree .

09-21-2012 08:51 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Don't think this will change the mentality of majority of peaceful players. You will just split them in more clans and yes, while you may create 1-2 clans full of players who wants to war it may just lead to another server team work to stop them.

No one likes to be in constant war and in constant pressure to log in, to join and basically to be active at least twice per day otherwise they might loose siege and their squares.

The war period was at the beginning of the server and yes players like me or you dooz remember it pretty well because we were there, but I also remember how many players left because of the frustration or constant pressure.

Before BoS became top clan we were beaten regularly almost on daily basis. Whatever square we build to decent level was taken from us by stronger clans. Of course we were taking replacements from those below us, but as I said before.. it became tiresome and boring and lot of good players left.

And even if Devs do something and force us into smaller clans it will sooner or later come back to same status quo like now.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
09-21-2012 11:51 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Eisuk

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

Another consideration is that the strongest players - who have had the benefit of years with a large clan's CA and expoing - will be even harder to catch up with for newer players forced to go at a slower pace, even if they're in the top clan (but there'd be less chance of getting into them at all, with old friends queued up hoping).

09-21-2012 13:08 Eisuk is offline Search for Posts by Eisuk Add Eisuk to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Reduce max clan size

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH