Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » blah blah blah... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page blah blah blah...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

Angry blah blah blah... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wish for the BWT to get answers to all these questions please, I don’t think it is too much to ask, there all ideas that have been bought forward by other players and ignored. And crap that has been put on this server no matter how much we DO NOT want it.

First off Big Grin

Expedition mobs:
White dragons; Agility – its way to high for the first badge. No level 42-48 is going to have anything near 144 agility and have enough strength to hit anything on there defence in your life time or mine.

Black dragons; defence, not to much to say here other than it’s a little to high

Phoenix; special attacks! Need a limit on them! There actually retarded 9/10 times.

Red dragons; agility! Way too much!

Hydra; love them! Touch them and you can kiss my suffix goodbye.

Everything higher than that is ok... I guess

This new 1.1.1.8 is 1/3rds shit, there is no way I can put it without using swear words because it just is, its wank, its crap, NO ONE WANTS IT! I can’t see how hard that is to comprehend that, what in the hell were you thinking? Who in the history of WB would put something like that into the game unless they have never played?
ALSO! Why was every single complaint against it ignored?

- One of Phoenix special attacks, Sound Wave, always hits.
Were you high? or just a jerk? Without a limit on this you don’t not understand how much damage this inflicts.

Rest of 1.1 is good for me as I don’t want to go into it and don’t have to put up with it; only time I do is when I join an expo or let someone in my expo that is in act II. No biggy really

Auctions:
- Why cant premium plays have more watched items? 3 is no were near enough for higher level players, a couple more would be great, a answer was never given; I hope you are considering it at least.

- Paying stones for a warning/message when an item you want is on auction or something similar.

- Duplications; feck off! feck off! feck off! feck off! is all i can say there.

Buildings:
I find the requirements ok stat wise but the recourses needed are way too high on almost every one of them, for example:

Old Market
UPGRADE TO LEVEL 4
Costs: 540 000 Lgo, 54 000 litres of blood, 216 000 people

Like were going to get 54000 litres of blood anytime soon.

there are other things i could and would like to bring into this but there personal. these are not... or at least i think there not Smile

Anyways sorry about my bad spelling and/or grammar, I’m smashed off my face and felt like a good ole BW rant Wink i feel kinda better now Tongue

todays rant is bought to you buy;

Knightroad Cool
the devs number 1 fan! Big Grin

10-30-2008 03:20 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amen brother! You are the rampant terror of the board! Big Grin Tongue

Dude, do you really think you actually get an answer - or at least if you do, do you think it will be a reasonable one???

As BW servers go, the UK one is the runt of the litter, why should they bother to listen to our complaints or our ideas.

Happy days, I guess I'll just set off another quest.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-30-2008 09:02 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

First off don't expect all the patches to be beneficial for players, to make your life easier because we would end up with a game that would be click-once-and-win. There is no game without a challenge and it's true that we could just cut it all out and let you get all the badges you want from the start but is it really the case?

White Dragon - agility is not the only stat that matters and melee weapons are not the only that are there, if you are trying to slay it with it you're trying to do it the hard way

Black Dragon - again you seem to think that there are only melee weapons here, there is equipment and abilities that ignore it partially or completely. Don't expect to be given the badge on a silver plate after your first try, some of the encounters really require you to have different sets of equipment

Red Dragon - same as White Dragon, we could argue all day yelling at each other "Too much!" "No, you're wrong!", but believe me all those dragons are prfectly killable at their appropriate levels, maybe not after the first time, maybe not with the exact equipment you are using everyday, but they certainly are killable and have been killed multiple times

Hydras - I don't exactly get your meaning there but if you're saying they're underpowered then please don't complain when we power them up Tongue

As for the 1.1.1.8 1/3 may be shit for you buy 2/3 actually really helps players a chance to see some lower level mobs in action. As I stated previously not every patch is beneficial for players, not at every patch you would be happy but believe me we're not making your life harder to sit down to logs then and laugh at you. We have a certain vision of the game which you don't have to share and we make patches according to our vision. This does NOT mean that we won't take suggestions from players as we have changed the games many times to account for your needs and conveniance, the 2/3 not-so-shitty parts of the new patch are an answer to demands of players on high population realms.

As to your concerns about auctions: there are really many many things which we could theoretically put into the game but we don't and reasons may be really various. Lack of manpower, inefficiency of proposed solutions, incompatibility with engine and probably I could continue for some lines but it's not the point. The point is we really would like to include much more in the game but we don't always have the resources for it.
Duplication are there to hinder cheaters as I've stated many times. If now a player wanted to psuh another one with a couple of stones they'd have to auction items valuable enough not to have any duplicates.

Buldings - I remember times when 100 reputation was considered unachivable goal but somehow some players managed. Maybe one time in future you'll have 54k of blood who knows? If you really want to build it up to lvl 4 then try to get equipment that will reduce your overall blood usage, move to 5th zone for a while and it can be done.

I hope I've answered all your concerns and I'm 100% sure that you won't be always satisfied with what you have read here.

10-30-2008 11:25 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

First off thank you szeszej, glad you listened to me and actually did a long post and didn't ignore most of the points.

I believe that for the White and Black dragon there should be a way that it is possible to kill them by melee in lower levels. Sure for some of the later mobs you need to go a certain way as I doubt having all of the best EQ on P +5 you may not get enough agi/perc.

No we don't want Hydra harder Wink That will just delay people getting their badge even more Wink

The bit I don't get is about the auctions. Not enough manpower/ resources? It would be beneficial for you if you gave prem players 5 watch slots. All it would need is a SIMPLE change in the coding and more people would buy prem I'm sure.

Thanks again Shrek Wink

10-30-2008 11:47 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Nothing is simple scillage, believe me

10-30-2008 12:55 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Knightroad

wow, thanks for the quick and detailed respose szeszej Smile i didnt think anything would come of my drunken rantings other than spam Big Grin

most of what you have put is understandable.

just one thing about the expodition mobs; there all beatable by gunners; and i feel almost all monsters are perfectly suited for gunners; the only one's so far that tend to be more for melee are pheonix and hydra, and seriuosly.. dont you dare touch them Evil Tongue

i as a two handed melee user have much lower agility than one handed and have had to spend more stones on my equipment than any other path; my current count of stones (just buying) is about 4 Soulstones and 3 merge stones; and that dose not include the stone's i have spend makeing my sword which i will never be able to wield at a useable level. as a two handed melee user the most agility i am ever going to be able to achieve is 180 tops. that means with my bad luck i am never going to be able to get my red dragon badge. first i have to do asmany as i can till i get one that i can hit, THEN i have to actully get that last hit in.

also the fact it tock me the top end of 100 points to get my black dragon badge with melee

just because i liked the cahllenge i am never going to get another badge unless i buy guns which i dont want to do. either that or i am going to have to wait another 300 points to get my agility close to half of reds max agility.

anyways, i hope that this rant is heard and that something will be done about atleast some of the points i bought foward Smile

10-30-2008 13:33 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Honestly, I had enouh Knightroad. Go to act2, get a legendary 2h weapon and you will be fine! It will be usable on higher levels, hit more and do more criticals. What more do you want?! Two BKs can do a phoenix while 2 gunners cannot. not on the same level.
Do me a favor and stop mourning as you didn't do what you can to make half of your problems to disappear.
Thanks

10-30-2008 14:54 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
Honestly, I had enouh Knightroad. Go to act2, get a legendary 2h weapon and you will be fine! It will be usable on higher levels, hit more and do more criticals. What more do you want?! Two BKs can do a phoenix while 2 gunners cannot. not on the same level.
Do me a favor and stop mourning as you didn't do what you can to make half of your problems to disappear.
Thanks

Amen
10-30-2008 16:24 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
Thanks

that was my personal part of this "rant" Tongue agree with it or not. 225 agility at the opt level for reds is to much; even for 1 handed.
and as i said before (countless times) i dont want to go into act II, well thats part true... i cant pass my pilgims; i have extremly bad luck Frown

i take it that means you dont agree with the rest of it... i would have thought you would have :/

10-30-2008 16:39 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
diablo

But you cant plame your personal misfortune on the game system. Did you see me complaining that it ook 8LS to het my Hawks signet to good? Nope, cause I didn't.
If you can't get to act2 then dont say that you don't want to go there. Honestly, the legendary 2h weapons will sort you out.

As for the agility on white/black/red/multicoloured drakes, well, I am a gunman and guess how I killed a Phoenix? Light Scythe (+4). And did I mourn that it has too much perception? No, I didn't. Find you way around instead of brute force 'I-want-to-kill-everything-with-my-sword-but-I-will-still-complain-about-th
e-requirements'.

I struggled a lot to get my perception to where it is now and I will struggle even more to increase it. Not even mentioning the damage. You got a nice gift on the 2h melee weapons - chance to hit and more criticals, what more do you want?! Berserkers can get 185 agility which in your case with 2h melee would mean around 230.

quote:

Really? Did you see an angry Arachne? Double damage, attack first in the round, etc. Medusa blocks arcanas. What if you can only hit it as a Cursed one WITH your arcana? Then you're screwed. Noble phoenixes and a massive version of normal ones with almost identical (but stronger) attacks. And then there is the sphinx...

Oh, did I mention how much toughness the mobs have? I didn't cause instead of mourning I will try to find a way how to increase my damage.

10-30-2008 17:29 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

roflmao - KR, Diablo just batted you out of the park! Tongue

I would like to thank Sze for his answer, it was pretty informative. How ever, (please don't take this the wrong Sze), you need to answer questions more regularly like this.

KR's "drunken" argument here is mostly personal - the focus of his questions are mostly directly related to his character.

It is not fair for you to give him such a concise reply when there are many, many threads on this board that have questions from people relating to the whole game.

I know you are one person who is probaly over-worked. But do the BWT not see that in itself as a problem for the UK board & server? If you are the only member of the dev team who's job it is to field & answer all of our questions, arguments, & ideas, then surely re-addressing that resource issue, and getting some-one to help you out, should be on the list of priorities?

As I said before, I know the UK server is the smallest out of all of the BW's collection, but that should not mean that we should get any less of a professional service.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
10-30-2008 17:55 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

quote:
But you cant plame your personal misfortune on the game system. Did you see me complaining that it ook 8LS to het my Hawks signet to good? Nope, cause I didn't.

yeah, true i should have bought my personal stuff inot this thread, it was surpose to be to get answers :/ sorry to all for that.
and everyone has that problem with upgradeing items, just read the screaming room... i spent about the same upgradeing my amulet of strenght to good..

quote:
If you can't get to act2 then dont say that you don't want to go there. Honestly, the legendary 2h weapons will sort you out.

i dont want to because i cant (make sence? lol) Tongue i did want to when 1.1 came, but its just to much of a pain in the ass to do pilgrims... like i am to you Big Grin Tongue

quote:
As for the agility on white/black/red/multicoloured drakes, well, I am a gunman and guess how I killed a Phoenix? Light Scythe (+4). And did I mourn that it has too much perception? No, I didn't. Find you way around instead of brute force 'I-want-to-kill-everything-with-my-sword-but-I-will-still-complain-about-th
e-requirements'.

I struggled a lot to get my perception to where it is now and I will struggle even more to increase it. Not even mentioning the damage. You got a nice gift on the 2h melee weapons - chance to hit and more criticals, what more do you want?! Berserkers can get 185 agility which in your case with 2h melee would mean around 230.

quote:

Really? Did you see an angry Arachne? Double damage, attack first in the round, etc. Medusa blocks arcanas. What if you can only hit it as a Cursed one WITH your arcana? Then you're screwed. Noble phoenixes and a massive version of normal ones with almost identical (but stronger) attacks. And then there is the sphinx...

Oh, did I mention how much toughness the mobs have? I didn't cause instead of mourning I will try to find a way how to increase my damage.

not to sound like a ass or anything but you should look at the optimal level of monsters, cezars should still be on his golom badge... hence why he hits golom expo's every chance they get, as thats the monster he "should" still be on. things like Arachne i think you will find when your the optimal level (level 87) you will piss all over them Wink surly you know that...?

i think that maybe why they have uped the monsters... thats gay...

and my sword requirements are nothing to do with this thread Tongue i could bring that argument back to life... but i have a hole new set of 2h weps Wink Tongue

and there is no dout you have work bloody hard to get were you are; hence why you are the best gunner on the hole game.

anyways... why u argueing against me? Frown

edit: i cant spell

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Knightroad: 10-30-2008 18:02.

10-30-2008 17:56 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Pilgrimage are not that hard, you just need to focused on them despite cost and loss of xp progression.

In 10 days, I have done all the pilgrimmage of act 2, In the mean time I did 3 to 4 points instead of 1 point and a half a day. But once it is done you have the reward (especially when you go to act 2 with more xp and bettter items from easy quests).
10-31-2008 01:09 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
diablo

Well, I got a bit carried away by your recent posts. Sorry.

I thik what you said about the recommended levels might be the reason of implementing the increased difficulty. On the other hand, why not lower the expo mob stats for weaker players. Lol, I know, just kidding.

Honestly, forget the bad luck on the pilgrimages and sacrifice all your quests untill you get them done. I think you will be much happier in Act2.

10-31-2008 01:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

i must say that was a nice response Szeszej, but there r so many other problems with the game that has bieng brought up i must say more then 1's. for example the new arcana's for each race and how some r far more usefull then others and then there is the stuff with the legendary weapons and i know there was more but can't think of them right now. and as i said it was a nice responce but more would b apreciated to all relevent questions and not just the odd 1 here and there

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
10-31-2008 01:41 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
infernalranger

Registration Date: 07-17-2008

RE: blah blah blah... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Knightroad
I wish for the BWT to get answers to all these questions please, I don’t think it is too much to ask, there all ideas that have been bought forward by other players and ignored. And crap that has been put on this server no matter how much we DO NOT want it.

First off Big Grin

Expedition mobs:
White dragons; Agility – its way to high for the first badge. No level 42-48 is going to have anything near 144 agility and have enough strength to hit anything on there defence in your life time or mine.

hey!!!!! i got my white badge using meele at level 40 ! Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2fcccef748

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by infernalranger: 10-31-2008 16:55.

10-31-2008 02:47 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

RE: blah blah blah... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by infernalranger
quote:

First off Big Grin

Expedition mobs:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=3f1934119e

Wrong link Big Grin Haha.

10-31-2008 16:48 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
quote:
quote:

First off Big Grin

Expedition mobs:

ahhhh here it is Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2fcccef748
10-31-2008 16:55 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

that was bloody luck mate. lol nice one Wink

10-31-2008 17:33 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
that was bloody luck mate. lol nice one Wink

lol ty i didn't believe it when i saw it thought i was dreaming Tongue
10-31-2008 17:40 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:

Deadly set Tongue

Also he's moning, no one died, yet....

I think he may have a point annd may not, I think the logic behind the new patch thing is simple, but it's been executed poorly... also Phoenixes realyl do need sortinmg

Your imperfection.
10-31-2008 23:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
infernalranger

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
quote:
quote:

First off Big Grin

Expedition mobs:

ok now i can take the piss! look at my level,the fact i'm using a mace and how much damage i did! who says you can't do use meele when your the optimal level(you just need tons of luck)

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4f9cf2ce5a
11-02-2008 22:42 infernalranger is offline Search for Posts by infernalranger Add infernalranger to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

surely making things tougher for everyone is kinda fair for 2 reasons. A) people would get bored too easily and B) if its that tough for you guys higher up, we at lower levels are going to develop better and learn from your mistakes. lol

11-08-2008 06:18 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » blah blah blah...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH