Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » crit idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page crit idea 9 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008
Race in game: Absorber

crit idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking that instead of weapon classes having set crit muiltply that each weapon has its own modifly

so for example a sniper rifle more than capable of blowing limbs off so would have higher crit mod than an ak would.

same for a magum more than capable of putting a hole in you so would be given higher crit mod than a scopion

ranged well heavy xbox same than a throwing knife

most 2 handed melee can smash your skull in or dismembowle you so would enjoy higher crit

1 handed melee well a sword could gut you so higher crit a thunderfist lots of small holes so would be lower crit mod

but most of the weapons that would benifit from the higher crit dmg mod have less attacks than the weapons with low crit mod.

it might even encorage more diffrent types of builds.

I wont say what the dmg mods should be till I see what the vedict on this is.
10-10-2012 06:07 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think crit is fine the way it is. If you need more, change your set up so you have more.

10-10-2012 15:53 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
darc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by darc
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think ak is fine with the crit it has but i was thinking about making more weapons usable so that there would be more diversity in the game instead of everyone ending up the same way.

so while lets say a magum has less attacks than a scopio it has more of a bang behind it than a scopio things like that.

am not trying to op anything just add a bit more depth to what you choses

instead of the same weapons getting picked due to the fact the shots/attacks you have the more dmg you do

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 10-10-2012 16:39.

10-10-2012 16:35 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

I like the idea, would be fun to see more use of other weapons

10-10-2012 17:48 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I think they've planned this on the new update.

Im sure there was something about some 1h guns giving either rep or charisma & certain amounts of crit.

So no doubt 2h will have a bash aswell.
10-10-2012 17:49 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

heres the current crit mulitplers as they stand

melee weapons 1h *2
melee weapons 2h *4
firearms 1h *1.5
firearms 2h *2
ranged weapons 2h *3

so heres what i was thinking scopion can stay at 1.5 but a magium could have *2.5

ranged and heres where ppl will hate me but shruikens should go down to *1.5 but heavy xbow should be up to *4 a normal xbow at *3

sniper rifle i think should be *4 with a fin fal and semi sniper at *3 ak stays same so does hunting rifle.

2 handed melee no reason to change them

1 handed melee well swords (mean raipers and others swords) do more dmg than knifes or daggers and thunderfists so should be *3 knifes daggers at *1.5 thundersfist at *2

now the figuers arnt gosple and can be changed just thinking of starting numbers that is all
10-14-2012 11:29 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Well if you think about it, a critical hit from a shuriken would be into a vital area, so the crit multiplier would be high - it doesnt hit hard, it hits the weak spots

i think 2h melee would have some v different crit mods, a mace and a chainsaw?

a mace crits by imparing/crushing a section of a limb ... chainsaw crits by taking entire limbs off!

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-14-2012 11:44 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

but the same could be said on any weapon thats why its a crit. but while a shuriken would stick in a xbow bolt would punch right through.

ok 2 handed could do with some tweeks but i was thinking chainsaw should have an ignore def which would put its dmg up.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 10-14-2012 13:20.

10-14-2012 12:39 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

Yes please, let's have the devs spend time re-thinking the crit system that works fine because you think nunchuks are cool and you order shurikens off ebay to play ninja in your basement.

Obviously there are hundreds of issues which are so much less important than a system that works fine, so yes I support this.
10-14-2012 12:57 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Sapling
Yes please, let's have the devs spend time re-thinking the crit system that works fine because you think nunchuks are cool and you order shurikens off ebay to play ninja in your basement.

Obviously there are hundreds of issues which are so much less important than a system that works fine, so yes I support this.

this is spam and should be warned as spam please

just annyoed because i dont like his idea
10-14-2012 13:02 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » crit idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH