Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Solo PvE System? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Solo PvE System? 10 Votes - Average Rating: 8.2010 Votes - Average Rating: 8.2010 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Solo PvE System? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking the other day, how weak task mobs have become ever since the release of evolutions. With abso everyone can tank them, even the harder task mobs .. i duno, perhaps its because the server has matured and their is better gear floating around on higher leveled players, but i think evolutions also play a key part in pretty much killing off the only solo PvE in the game?

Sure even then.... Task mobs are random... and arnt a LOT of fun.... they're OK at best. I like to see it on the rare occasion that it pops up and they make me smile to see... but thats it! Thats crap...

We could talk about balancing the task mobs, adding in more/new ones to spice it up or just fight about how wrong i am .. it doesnt matter... whats the point, who cares anyway right? I think it would be far cooler to add another new page, really similar to KotHs and Epeditions.

A solo PvE experiance, kus atm that doesnt really exist in BW's. ... call it Hunting Trip or somthing fun. With multiple locations, as many as the expo page has. They could be all the mobs from KotH's and tasks and give them each their own location. Each location could have 3 stages too the way KotH does, somthing like...

Gravediggers Camp - Outskirts | Gravediggers Camp - Center | Gravediggers Camp - Boss's Tent

... could be anythign lol, but each 1 could be unique.

Outskirts would be 1 or 2 mobs
The camp would be a ton of mobs
And the inner area would be the big bad ass leader.

Rewards could work like either KotH or Expo.. both even. I think getting loot makes sense as your raiding their settlement, also... its fun to see what you get from expos so i recon it would be fun here aswell.

First few mob locations start off weak as normal ... fighting crappy things like ... spiders.... yuno...

spiders cave - entrance | spiders cave - lair | spiders cave - nest lol.. i duno im only spit balling.

Any1 think this could be a fun idea?? Big Grin

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-16-2012 14:08.

10-16-2012 14:00 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice idea. Can see the devs ignoring it entirely because it's a LOT of work and new implements.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

10-16-2012 19:21 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just think its the next logical step.

They are refining group PvE with the next set of expo mobs on the way.

They are adding in a new type of group PvP with the new Arena system thats hopefully coming close to the end of its development.

They are starting to look into rebalancing the game for high level gameplay.

They are adding another new upgrade system with item runes.

The next area to look at imo is solo gameplay. Only thing left that generally needs attention.

Because i think its fair to say that the only singeplayer element to BWs is questing. Adding in a just 1 KotH style combat single player thing shouldnt take too much developer effort (code would be mega similar to koth ... just limit it to 1 person ... probually near identical code lol)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-16-2012 23:59 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Solo PvE System?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH