Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch 1.4.18 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch 1.4.18 7 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.867 Votes - Average Rating: 9.86
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Patch 1.4.18 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone,

On Moday, the 22nd of October 2012 we'll be implementing a new patch on all BW servers.

We'll be implementing all the changes mentioned here BW Roadmap 2012 plus KotH Bonus and:
- Cultist - Searing Blood is reverted to 1.4.17 until we are satisfied with the new mechanic.
- BK - requirements lowered.

WARNING! We're implementing some changes that may upset the item market so to the exact patch notes will only be revealed on the day of the patch.

WARNING2! 1h Guns: we are continously evaluating their situation and the relative strength of the Gunman and Gangster tattoos and we may modify them further.

Best regards,
BW Team

List of changes that will also affect R2:

1) Beta - KotH Bonus (all servers).

- Every consequtive location in KotH has an increased chance of dropping rare enchantmant and lowered chance of dropping lower tier enchantments.
- When a player exceeds the suggested level of a given location (and thus generates additional foes) he will have his chances of getting rare enchantments is also increased.

2) Two new events added (all servers)
- Grace of the Lord of Darkness - during KotH expeditions the minimum number of foes is always summoned, no additional foes are summoned regardless of characters' levels.
- Wrath of the Lord of Darkness - during KotH expeditions the maximum number of foes is always summoned, a maximum of additional foes is always summoned regardless of characters' levels.

3) The Cursed One: Breath of Death arcanum works when below 45% (formerly 35%) and also deacreases agility by 3 (-7 before the patch) for every level of the arcanum. Additionaly each level of the arcanym increases the chance to dodge by 3% (R1) or 2% (R2) when it is activate (dodge chance is capped at 30%).

4) Miscellaneous:
- Shoutbox: fixed a bug that let a former clanmember see and write on the clan shoutbox until he relogs.
- Auctions: some minor changes suggested by the players

10-19-2012 22:00 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

RE: Patch 1.4.18 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Hello everyone

Hello (^^)/ Thanks for the update Smile

quote:

- Every consequtive location in KotH has an increased chance of dropping rare enchantmant and lowered chance of dropping lower tier enchantments.
- When a player exceeds the suggested level of a given location (and thus generates additional foes) he will have his chances of getting rare enchantments is also increased.

+

quote:
2) Two new events added (all servers)
- Grace of the Lord of Darkness - during KotH expeditions the minimum number of foes is always summoned, no additional foes are summoned regardless of characters' levels.

- Wrath of the Lord of Darkness - during KotH expeditions the maximum number of foes is always summoned, a maximum of additional foes is always summoned regardless of characters' levels.

Regarding high levels joining koth - resulting in more mobs and better chances of a better enchantment - is it their level that effects the increased chances, or the amount of mobs?

I ask because, you can be unlucky and get a lot of mobs - will this mean if i pass i can get a better enchant?

Or the event, could give me full mobs - will i get a better enchantment?

edit: also what minor changes are being made to the auction house? i cant see any differance on the pl server lol (or can anyone who plays another server answer this?)

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 10-19-2012 22:20.

10-19-2012 22:18 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Their level incraeses the chance

10-19-2012 22:21 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

should you be concentrating on what you said we would have on last update ?

arena V2 and etc ?

BloodWars' Sixth Birthday!

where it says more august goodies i presume you meant last august 2 months ago unless it august 2013

which i would still like to know when your implementing rest of them

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 10-19-2012 22:39.

10-19-2012 22:27 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Their level incraeses the chance

Hmm, so its a positive feed back system, those who are crazy high leveled, are going to be getting far stronger enchants than anyone else.

I guess its a good way to make player level mean more. i.e. player A. lvl 100 and player B. lvl 200 both with complete hunter gear, all legendary and p+5...

The only thing that seperates them is the extra stats from level and stuff.

Thats an extreme example, but i liek this idea, with so feedback systems in blood wars, its nice and refreshing to see somthing like this.

10-19-2012 22:30 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

quote:
Originally posted by 4thtimelucky

arena V2 and etc ?

where it says more august goodies i presume you meant last august 2 months ago unless it august 2013

Don't worry, we're getting to it Smile

10-19-2012 23:05 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Random question Szeszej, are you ever likely to implement merging legendary and non-legendary items to form a non-legendary item? I'm pretty certain there would be a lot of love for that.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

10-19-2012 23:15 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

still not a date though? if your going to say your doing something do it and do it first before you go and put other things on tbf

10-19-2012 23:24 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

This is progress Leave it alone. Id rather get this than wait another couple of months for all of it.
10-19-2012 23:26 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

me too what am pointing out is why say we was going to have it 2 months ago and we are still waiting ?

10-20-2012 00:17 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

Alot of new code.
10-20-2012 01:49 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
me too what am pointing out is why say we was going to have it 2 months ago and we are still waiting ?

Over estimated themselevs, thats what happens. Calm yourself dude, just hope for it to be your xmas pressie Big Grin

Because new expo mobs going to take a while to create, take a while to reforge arena code for pure pvp, probually new creation if its ranked :S

So yea i dont mind waiting, will be EPIC when it gets here though lol

Szeszej, whats the current thoughts of the developers, is the arena going to be a weekend event or a once a day event?

Imo, once a day woud be much more fun!

10-20-2012 09:19 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
Random question Szeszej, are you ever likely to implement merging legendary and non-legendary items to form a non-legendary item? I'm pretty certain there would be a lot of love for that.

No, simples

10-20-2012 12:30 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

quote:
quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

still not a date though? if your going to say your doing something do it and do it first before you go and put other things on tbf

well there is no date so trolls like yourself would not moan if the date passes... if u didnt notice they doing from top of that list and arena v2 is last one in there.

and btw August goodies was announcement whats about to come, no1 never said its going 2b in August, did they?

so stop trolling, be nice and say thank you dev team!

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

10-20-2012 12:32 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

quote:
quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

Suck a duck.
10-20-2012 13:17 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

quote:
Originally posted by steco
quote:
quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

well there is no date so trolls like yourself would not moan if the date passes... if u didnt notice they doing from top of that list and arena v2 is last one in there.

and btw August goodies was announcement whats about to come, no1 never said its going 2b in August, did they?

so stop trolling, be nice and say thank you dev team!

read the BloodWars' Sixth Birthday! post;

'More August goodies:'

which means we would have them in august, otherwise it would say;

'More goodies to come:'

it says what it means and everyone interpreted it that way!!

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

10-20-2012 15:04 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

obviouly there was a problem so it couldnt be released. why is that sooooooooo hard for you to accept. am sure when its time they will give you another update.
10-20-2012 15:13 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

I recon its very possable that its not even been started. Could of thought that they had the patch ready to go in aug, but things came up, only now has it been nailed down (even then theirs a few thigns they arnt sure about - ala searing blood)

Now that its done and dusted the devs can move onto all the other things:

• New expo page
  • Ranked pvp arena
  • Solo expedition system (hopes)
  • Music(been on a 5 year long to do list)

But yea, im happy with what were getting, just looking forward to the future as always Big Grin

10-20-2012 15:19 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

for aslong as ive been playing pathces never arrive on time :p

you should be used to it Wink
i find it funny that when they finnaly give us a date for a patch ye ignore it and just complain about what there not giving -.-#

everything will be here when there ready so sit back and chill

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
10-20-2012 15:33 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
byn

quote:
Originally posted by darc
obviouly there was a problem so it couldnt be released. why is that sooooooooo hard for you to accept. am sure when its time they will give you another update.

i dont find it hard to accept, im not bothered, lol, just people do have a point and it says what it says, so no one trolling as previous said!

and i think yooooooooooour o button is broke Wink

10-20-2012 15:36 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
darc
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by byn
quote:

i dont find it hard to accept, im not bothered, lol, just people do have a point and it says what it says, so no one trolling as previous said!

and i think yooooooooooour o button is broke Wink

yours must be aswell then

he answered but ppl atill asking so yes they are trolling and guess what they wont get another answer than whats been said already
10-20-2012 16:06 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

actually he didn't answer the question asked and i think you will find out your not involved in the conversation darc so infact you are trolling

10-20-2012 16:37 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

thats the answer since it needs pointed out to you.

and from the news letter it will be relesed this yr at some point ok so ive answered for you aswell.

there is no date anymore

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 10-20-2012 17:15.

10-20-2012 17:12 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

quote:
quote:
quote:

arena V2 and etc ?

thats the answer since it needs pointed out to you.

i didnt ask if they are getting to it i asked when is it going to be implemented!

10-20-2012 17:13 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by byn

I'll admit, I did interpret it that way, but looking back now, "More August goodies" doesn't say the things were to be implemented in August... The goodies could have been the information that we received about the Patch ;P

More on-topic: Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy patch xD

Not liking the dodge on BoD though :/ The lowered penalties and the earlier activation was enough in my opinion, and I'm sure many will agree..

10-20-2012 17:30 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
byn

quote:

he answered but ppl atill asking so yes they are trolling and guess what they wont get another answer than whats been said already

so why take it upon yourself to get involed?!?!?!

Administrator | Game Operator | Board Super Moderator | Board Moderator | Trade Moderator

dont see you with one of them titles!!!

have an hour and smell the coffee, and take what evers up there out!! you might find it more relaxing Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by byn

I'll admit, I did interpret it that way, but looking back now, "More August goodies" doesn't say the things were to be implemented in August... The goodies could have been the information that we received about the Patch ;P

More on-topic: Yaaaaaayyyyyyyy patch xD

Not liking the dodge on BoD though :/ The lowered penalties and the earlier activation was enough in my opinion, and I'm sure many will agree..

exactly ham!! could have been worded better! it was a long time before act 3 was introduced, and there is a lot of changes being brought about since to keep up with player development, we should all just look forward to more things coming!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 10-20-2012 17:40.

10-20-2012 17:34 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Ladies pls.

Patch is coming, stop trippin' and play ball Cool

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
10-20-2012 22:36 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

Rebalance of 2h weapons looks to be a complete failure. More precisely Katana getting one more attack on perfect +5. This makes Katana best 2h weapon type. Making katana best weapon type is completely illogical considering its not in top of merge list. Also giving 2h weapons potential for 2k+ more damage is a strange direction to go, since 2h weapons already seem to have highest potential

10-20-2012 22:55 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
Rebalance of 2h weapons looks to be a complete failure. More precisely Katana getting one more attack on perfect +5. This makes Katana best 2h weapon type. Making katana best weapon type is completely illogical considering its not in top of merge list. Also giving 2h weapons potential for 2k+ more damage is a strange direction to go, since 2h weapons already seem to have highest potential

unless they are changing it from the polish patch to rebalance the rebalance post testing....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-21-2012 00:37 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Demandred
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-675.jpg

Registration Date: 02-19-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [BoS]

new patch!! thanks devs Smile

quote:
3) The Cursed One: Breath of Death arcanum works when below 45% (formerly 35%) and also deacreases agility by 3 (-7 before the patch) for every level of the arcanum. Additionaly each level of the arcanym increases the chance to dodge by 3% (R1) or 2% (R2) when it is activate (dodge chance is capped at 30%).

cool, I might actually use BoD now ^^

10-22-2012 00:20 Demandred is offline Search for Posts by Demandred Add Demandred to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

its the 22nd I demand my patch NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a more serious note... did you fix my throwing axe yet?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

10-22-2012 00:30 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
on a more serious note... did you fix my throwing axe yet?

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
unless they are changing it from the polish patch

1 Attack at p, +10 weapon damage

10-22-2012 08:33 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
steco

Registration Date: 05-09-2012

Question RE: Patch 1.4.18 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

So does it mean, if lev 82 do slums it looks like that:
1lev 65-69 - 13 levels over
2lev 70-79 - 3 levs over
3lev 75-89 - no penalty
in total he/she will get 16% better chance to get rare item and 16% lowered chance for common (useless) enchant? Therefore in total 32% for better enchantment or what?

patch is up Smile

thanks

WENDIGO SLAYER with badge!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by steco: 10-22-2012 14:45.

10-22-2012 09:47 steco is offline Search for Posts by steco Add steco to your Buddy List
Bowmore

images/avatars/avatar-1122.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

Either the description of the changes to Majesty is not correct or the game interface needs to be updated.

"Thoughtcatcher (UW only): Majesty is now capped at 10 pts. TC's remaining arcana now cost 10 BP (down from 12 BP)."

So far, I have verified that I can only use 10 pts of Majesty in ambushes, but the game lets me use more than 10 pts for AI in defense, koths, expos, and sieges.

That being said, even with AI in defense set to 12 pts of Majesty, it only let me use 10 pts when I actually got attacked. The GUI should be updated to limit Majesty here just like on the ambush page.

I hope the same is not true for koths and expos. Otherwise I will have lost 63% of the effect of my only racial arcana useful in koths and expos.

---

Edit: First koth done under new patch, and it lets me use full Majesty. So the description needs to be corrected to say that Majesty is capped at 10 pts for ambushes, and the AI in defense GUI needs to be corrected to enforce that limit.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Bowmore: 10-22-2012 19:08.

10-22-2012 16:12 Bowmore is offline Search for Posts by Bowmore Add Bowmore to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

RE: Patch 1.4.18 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
4) Miscellaneous:
- Auctions: some minor changes suggested by the players

What are these changes? =)

10-23-2012 09:37 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
acidic

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Clan: LGN Leader

so far, to my knowledge, this patch his bought 1 person to quit, the number may be higher, but i cant be sure, im aware of 1 so far though
10-23-2012 17:02 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by acidic
so far, to my knowledge, this patch his bought 1 person to quit, the number may be higher, but i cant be sure, im aware of 1 so far though

The reaction nerf and ranged merge lineup :S

I can imagine a few people will be a peed about that on a lot of servers.

10-23-2012 17:05 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Furybaby

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 04-30-2009

range nerf is....a big fail...

range need CC for being strongh....All sufix are useless exept reaction....

Now reaction is big nerf, so .....
10-23-2012 18:35 Furybaby is offline Search for Posts by Furybaby Add Furybaby to your Buddy List
acidic

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Clan: LGN Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Furybaby
range nerf is....a big fail...

range need CC for being strongh....All sufix are useless exept reaction....

Now reaction is big nerf, so .....

wolf and dyrad are also decent suffixes, very strong if used right
10-23-2012 19:58 acidic is offline Search for Posts by acidic Add acidic to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by acidic
wolf and dyrad are also decent suffixes, very strong if used right

Well, Dryads only for attacks.
All it gives is a better chance to reach and extra HP - at the cost of a lot of crit.

Wolf is useless. 31 toughness at perfect... no need for that at all.
... maaaaybe FT could work it with his defence build, maybe. Even then, thats with insane once a year evos, which wernt planned originall, so what the hell were they thinking when they first made wolf?

Leaves reaction or dryad.... 20% crit chance or 30 rep.

With ranged having no dmg modifyer stat, theirs limited dmg boosts. Ranged crit modifyer is x3 which is really goodfactoring in the amount of attacks, but means that we have to crit to get good dmg out.
That means that although yes, were gain survivability we pretty much kill our damage output with Dryad. Losing 2-300 dmg a hit 20% of the time ..... ouch. A heck of a lot more loss for the higher levels if they are criting 1k+

So pretty much need to use reaction, or else we cant compete. Im not too fussed on the nerf.... perhaps it was too OP, i mean ... looking at some high level ranger expos its understandable how they can seem that way.

But they need to toally rework the other suffixs to make them at least viable .... give all ranged weapons a flat boost to crit AND take away the crit negative to leg. Then they can nerf the crap out of reaction, wont matter too much.

*sits in bin and cries*

10-23-2012 20:27 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch 1.4.18

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH