Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What genre is video game music? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What genre is video game music?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GOLDEN BALLS

Registration Date: 10-22-2012

What genre is video game music? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most of the time I'm asked while playing games,what kind of music I listen to, I always turn to just saying 'video game music'. But is it categorized under something else?
Please let me know.
10-22-2012 09:14 GOLDEN BALLS is offline Search for Posts by GOLDEN BALLS Add GOLDEN BALLS to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes into the genre it comes from i.e ffx opening theme is metal.
10-22-2012 09:42 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

RE: What genre is video game music? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well depends what you define as 'video-game music' O.o.. Is it songs and shiz that you hear on games? Tongue i.e, GTA San Andreas has an actual soundtrack, so if you look up the soundtrack, you can see what kind of music all these songs are and such. Smile

Now if you actually mean, let's say, music such as the Super Mario theme song where it's literally just music that's made to play in certain circumstances, the likes of that kind of 'video-game music' is made specifically for the game, so I'm not sure there is a category in music for it.. xD Look it up. :p

10-22-2012 18:14 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Could also class it as theme music.

Check out Twisted Jukebox. Its all created for animations and video games, i use it in uni.

Bad ass biker ftw Smile

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

10-22-2012 18:18 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Moonbootsboy

Registration Date: 07-24-2010

http://youtu.be/tWbKmS69PBM

Big Grin D

8 bit gangnam style Wink

10-22-2012 19:17 Moonbootsboy is offline Search for Posts by Moonbootsboy Add Moonbootsboy to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Dunno why this should've used a valuable thread so I suggest changing it to your favourive video game music Wink
If you want the best game music then look up Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Infamous 2, they make a chill run down my spine Big Grin

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

10-24-2012 06:18 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
Dunno why this should've used a valuable thread so I suggest changing it to your favourive video game music Wink
If you want the best game music then look up Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Infamous 2, they make a chill run down my spine Big Grin

My favourite game music is the Bloodwars music hahaha... Oh. Frown

10-24-2012 19:13 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by OpalJhon
Blood wars game music is good. I think rock style match with game back grounds.

yes the bw music is fantastic i really enjoy szezeshv blahs rendition of "its raining men" -.-

GTFO BOT

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-02-2013 07:46 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » What genre is video game music?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH