Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with searing blood » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Problem with searing blood 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Problem with searing blood Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was around level 69 when act 2 patch arrived, at that level searing blood was extremely powerful:

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c2cee62d11

In four rounds i did 3222 damage, but 1560 of those were searing blood, thats almost 50% of my damage.

Today (level 107, with p2-p4 shaman pieces, p bonies, p blood set, few points from evo) i can use level 79 searing blood, a whooping 790 damage per round.

But wait expos today generally last 2-3 round so im looking at doing max 2370 damage with this arcana. in 3 rounds i can do around 20-24k damage to a basilisk.

So from searing blood doing 50% of my damage at level 69, it is reduced to doing about 10% at level 107. going from very powerful arcana to being completely useless arcana.

Searing blood is to powerful at low level and junk at high level.
I propose a rewrite to searing blood so i scale with either level(or maybe some stats)

Every other act 2 arcana scales, so it continues to be useful.

Majesty give some % bonus to base hit point, higher leve = higher base hit point. So for each level of majesty level 100 tc get more hp than a level 60 tc. in addition the bonus damage in majesty scales with number of attacks, get more attacks, get more damage from majesty.

Shadow of beast scales with damage, do more damage, and your extra attack will do more damage.

Power of blood is just crazy in all the little things it affects. Ensuring max crit, 99% to hit chance. From the increase in to hit you actually get a +10% damage output. In addition power of blood reduces your chance to be hit by 1% per 5 luck, 100+ luck is entirely possible to reach for an absorber.

Horror, equally powerful at every level.

/Edit
I never actually use searing blood, always use beastmaster strength arcana. That one scale with number of attacks. Just for comparison the level 71 Bloodfrenzy i am able to use give me an average of 1996,236 bonus damage, based on 8 attacks, 99% to hit(58 luck) and 85% crit.

So in effect, in expo i'm like a beastmaster just with no extra attack and less hit point

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 10-25-2012 09:46.

10-25-2012 09:03 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So tell me again why you want it rewriting if you don't use it? I don't see your point.

All i can gather from this is your expos finish alot quick and your guaranteed damage of searing blood isn't alot anymore.. Are you complaining your gear is too good and arcana is too bad? Because I'm sure this is how the game should be.

If I'm missing the point tell me.
10-25-2012 10:38 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You are missing the point. Every other race have act 2 arcana that scale to their level/number of attacks etc. While effects of searing blood are diminishing in comparison to your overall performance.

I'm complaining because, once you are high level. your arcana as a cultist is complete waste. Searing blood is supposed to be a damage arcana, it's all it does. Yet with borrowed arcana from beastmater(ie, much lower arcana level/blood points used) i get over double the effect. You really think that sounds right?

10-25-2012 11:57 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

You get double the effect because of the style you play. If you played as a gunner for example. The searing / life regen would come into play a little more.

If you where a melee that needs allot more agility then Cat's Path comes in handy. If you are a ranger that has focused on perception but needs that boost for Agility. Once again Cat's Path

Life Regen comes in handy for any situation i can't say it's a wasted arcana & so does searing blood but just not on the same level as what gear should do.
10-25-2012 12:16 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by dooz

I talk about a high level point of view, have you ever seen any level 100+ cultist using cat's path in expo? If you are a ranger that need agility, you are not high level, or you are a high level ranger that need serious gear fixing.

Life regeneration can be useful in ambush i guess. But i really don't care about arcana in ambush.

I stand by my statement, searing blood is supposed to be a damage arcana, but the damage becomes completely insignificant when you are high level.

10-25-2012 12:55 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Problem with searing blood

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH