Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Thoughtcatcher Monk » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thoughtcatcher Monk
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Thoughtcatcher Monk Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Out of boredom I found myself looking through this thread today, and through the tattoos and changes from the re-balancing, and a conversation I had made me think:

Is the Monk tattoo another that people see as restricted to Absorbers, or is it feasible without the Power of Blood?

I've seen a TC Monk on the french server, and he had decent damage and a decent crit rate using P+3 Tigers Set and Titanium of Youth/Accuracy jewels and Murderous TF's of Suicide/Courage

I read the point in the Monks tattoo was that you wouldn't rely on crit, that your brute force would be large enough to do the damage without the crits, but would you think it'd be possible to get a decent mix between that brute force, and a decent crit rate, considering we have evos now that allow us to do so?

So what do you guys think? Is it a feasible path for a TC? And what gear do you think would be needed if you were to chase this path?

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by warlock619: 11-10-2012 19:09.

11-10-2012 19:09 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Monk looks a nice tattoo when your a higher player. The one thing i do want to know though.

Suicide takes off "Item Defence" and im sure somebody found this to also take off Character Defence from items sch as Titanium. Will the tattoos defence also be taken away? Or have they only broken half of the game not the full thing.

I think you could give it a good go as a TC but i think Monk is an end game tattoo when you've got some serious gear.

Planned any gear yet
11-10-2012 19:19 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by warlock619
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As far as I'm aware Suicide doesn't take away the Monks defence Smile

And as for gear, I haven't really got anything planned at the moment, one of the goals of this thread would be to get help to figure out what gear as a TC could make this work,

I'm guessing though, that it'll depend on if I wanna focus on Agility or Damage/Crits, and then it's down to Tiger's Set or Elvish armour

Obviously Agility would be better since there's no point hitting like a brickhouse if you can't hit what you're aiming for, but since the idea of the Monk tattoo is brute force I'm wondering if that's still the case

IGN:
11-10-2012 19:32 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Less agility more damage on gunners.

I dont think there is one tattoo this game has that WONT work. I know quite a few that will need some hard work, but i think they are all do able.

TC will be good for any tattoo. I know what you mean about the crit. But with TC's majesty giving damage aswell as life its a bonus all round.

I think if you can get a Tigers set right you wont need to have Suicide as the defence is all minus i do believe which would be a bonus as you could focus on more agility.
11-10-2012 19:36 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

i think monk was designed to be the bk of 1 hannd melees :p

with the toughness and char def tats

id go with tigers for defo you might loose some agi but you gain extra def and dodge melee

coupled with tc majesty would give a hard hitting 1 hand tank (with suicide weps )

and with evos high crit can be got with out using murderous

high lvl tigers set will near 30% or there abouts..20 from crit evo(maxed and also gives more def) 5/10/15 from which ever dispo u want

thats 60% crit there abouts already and add in whatever luck you might have and thats without a murderous prefix Tongue

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
11-10-2012 19:39 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Monk looks a nice tattoo when your a higher player. The one thing i do want to know though.

Suicide takes off "Item Defence" and im sure somebody found this to also take off Character Defence from items sch as Titanium. Will the tattoos defence also be taken away? Or have they only broken half of the game not the full thing.

I think you could give it a good go as a TC but i think Monk is an end game tattoo when you've got some serious gear.

Planned any gear yet

Yeah, the 'character defence' from titanium set is cancelled due to the fact that it's on an item... Rather misleading really isn't it. :L Think it's the same for 'character defence' from an enchantment... Why wouldn't it be considering titanium's 'character defence' is cancelled out.

But it would work for tattoos and evos as it doesn't count as item defence(why would it anyways?)

I don't think it's broken, just difficult to understand sometimes. xD

I personally think that TC Monk could be great if done correctly... As is the case with a TC Gangster. Tongue Agile/Demonic could be used well too when you've maxed out venom glands, especially with the new Crit chance disposable. Tongue One problem I see though is deciding between Majesty and Bloodfrenzy Tongue

11-10-2012 19:49 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by warlock619

Flash: I don't think you can wear a Tiger's set above G+5/Perfect without it breaking tattoo, so the Suicide would be necessary anyway.

With the new easiness and Crit modifier added onto Monk also, it'd make it a nice tattoo with my extra tankiness from Majesty, but as Hammer said if it got to the stage where I needed the Bloodfrenzy for damage, I'm not sure that I'll be overly dependent on my Majesty.

IGN:
11-10-2012 20:10 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Thoughtcatcher Monk

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH