Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Why are we getting spammed in announcements? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Why are we getting spammed in announcements? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Why are we getting spammed in announcements? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm curious as to why people actually waste their time posting the sorta rubbish they do, surely spamming an online game ain't gonna boost sales or whatever they're aiming to do

11-17-2012 13:45 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Who knows.. threads removed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-17-2012 15:04 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it's bots, seems too 'computer-like' if you get me

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
11-17-2012 15:57 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

Am I the only one who's noticed bot-like accounts posting on other threads with links in their signature advertising stuff? Tongue

One example

I think there's more examples too..

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D: 11-17-2012 16:13.

11-17-2012 16:08 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Yeah. I find it hilarious. That what series would you like to see as a film guy has one. And a few others.

I noticed one was a bot when it replied to something that had NOTHING to do with the thread bit had one word it picked from the topic and made a sentence about it. Like Nintendo or something like that.
11-17-2012 16:13 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

Yeah, they don't get very much out of spamming the board. Pretty pointless and a waste of their resources.

If anyone sees more posts/threads with advertisement links be sure to report them. Smile

11-17-2012 16:52 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Cheese!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
Am I the only one who's noticed bot-like accounts posting on other threads with links in their signature advertising stuff? Tongue

One example

I think there's more examples too..

Thanks, missed that one. Removed.

11-18-2012 21:47 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: Why are we getting spammed in announcements? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

last 3 posts in offtopic "childhood cartoons " gotta be bots aswell

every 1 of them have links in sigs to buy weird crap

its an invasion of bots !!!!

This or That

haha made me lol
science or mathamatics

maria : romulus

wtf lol

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 11-23-2012 12:26.

11-23-2012 12:09 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

All removed.

11-23-2012 12:28 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap

Couldn't the forum have some sort of captcha or whatever you call it, everytime you open the forum in a new page/tab you have a captcha where you put a code in and you don't have to enter the code again until you use the forum in a new session?

11-29-2012 18:17 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Why are we getting spammed in announcements?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH