Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » people with disabilities » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page people with disabilities
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

people with disabilities Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey people. this is for those of us who have any kind of disability. the point to this is to send a message, you are not alone!!!!!!!! so if you have a disability, or a friend of a friend, feel free to share if you wish. i personally am not ashamed, and never will be made to feel ashamed, its the way i was made and i wouldnt change it

11-06-2008 15:36 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wouldnt call it a disability but my brother has tourets its funny kinda cause he is always shouting swear words at mam

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
11-06-2008 16:53 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not that funny dude. and yes its a mental disability

11-06-2008 16:56 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

no i suppose its not

11-06-2008 17:04 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

think about how hard itl be to get a job when you're swearing at the interviewer or customers

11-06-2008 17:06 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

he has a job but just not a very good one but he still getting paid on a weekly baisis

11-06-2008 17:13 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

money in pocket means fun nights out. lol

11-06-2008 17:42 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

it sure does

11-06-2008 17:46 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

seriously though, i think people with disabilities should be encouraged to try and do everything that able bodied people can do. ive never met or spoken to anyone else with one eye

11-06-2008 17:49 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

YE ITS TRUE NOW WHERE i got my new job in a pool and gym but we have classes in which the disabled wrkshop come and swim for an hour sorry no ignorance intented but they try swim

11-06-2008 17:51 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

well its good though. is there honestly no1 else on this board with a disability?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pops: 11-08-2008 01:26.

11-06-2008 17:58 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Rheumatoid arthritis. I also have a certain type of stutter which is considered a disability, it's related to once I make a mistake I can't correct myself when speaking and trip over my words.

but mainly my aggressive rheumatoid

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 02:24 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

ouch. i know arthritis is painful, alot of my family have it. how do u cope with it if yoy dont mind me asking?

11-08-2008 02:25 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Well rheumatoid flares up. It's the boies own immune system turning on the joints. And this miracle cure they've supposedly developed don't work! Because eventually it converts it to osteo arthritis.... so it's back to the drawing board.

As for how I deal with it, no medication thus far works properly, so I try to ignore it.

Think of a pain like pouring boiling water over your hand, then imagine that as a constant pain in your joints... osteo is lesser pain supposedly, but is constant, mine flares up, but is aggresively moving through my body... meh

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 02:37 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

there is something that worked for my dad. imuno suppressant drugs
but he gets ill more often

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pops: 11-08-2008 02:41.

11-08-2008 02:41 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Tried it. Mine is too aggresive for that to work. Also mine flairs up when Im ill, so it's a double blow

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 02:44 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

what do u do when it does?

11-08-2008 02:47 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Put up with it. Nothing I can do. Just grin and bear it.

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 02:50 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

i have to take morphine sulfate sometimes for my eye. i wear a glass eye but it is a little sharp. all it takes is me to rub it and its agony for hours. so i know what pain is

11-08-2008 02:53 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Why bother wearing it at all then? If you dont mind my asking. mean my friends brother ahs a prosthetic/mechanical right arm, but he never uses it...

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 02:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

i only ever use it when im going out. its better than the kind of things people ask. i get stared at all the time for it and its not worth the hassle

11-08-2008 02:58 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Fair enough. I think ultiamtely you'll probably end up settign it aside to gather dust.
If it's such a hassle then hold your head up, and simply wink at them. That'll throw 'em.

Maybe you should get an eye patch and see what they say whilst you are toyig with a cutlass at your belt Big Grin

Your imperfection.
11-08-2008 03:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

that would be fun. i always go to fancy dress as a pirate. lol

11-08-2008 03:05 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » people with disabilities

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH