Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » are higher dodge sets a designmistake? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page are higher dodge sets a designmistake? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

are higher dodge sets a designmistake? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can someone explain me why twisted set gives
dodge ranged +31 %, dodge melee +31 %, dodge +31 % at p3
or
tigers at p4 that have 35% dodge melee

what for when its capped at 30%???

just look for the reason why these increase a capped bonus
that makes no sense

12-31-2012 12:24 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think the cap has been there as long as Dodge, I reckon they brought Dodge in and realised it was going to eventually become op at higher levels like the ones you've mentioned so introduced a cap

Imagine Grind with his P+3/4 Tigers set and then his P+3/4 Twisted :/

12-31-2012 12:34 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

or perhaps its to counter luck?

Does luck or some other stat that will decrease your chance to dodge?

that would make sense then why you would have extra dodge maybe? o.O

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

12-31-2012 12:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

Admins didn't planing upgrading items at p+++ when they create moria servers. So they make stupid sets bonus Smile . Stones can be gain only from quests, and auction had max price limit.

12-31-2012 12:45 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

perfect black set gives: Additional 1 attacks with every weapon, Character defence increased by 2 for every 4 char levels, Dodge -2%

i don't know about higher up, but there are indeed some things that reduce dodge Smile

12-31-2012 17:21 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
zuo

Registration Date: 08-19-2012

in the beginning dodge was working different than today and they change it to the current form, but they didn't change set bonuses.

u can get magic effect: +2k hp, -5% dodge and then u need p4 tiger
12-31-2012 21:52 zuo is offline Search for Posts by zuo Add zuo to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by alyat

still makes no sense for me
at p5 it will have round 40%

think its really that the devs didnt thought on it when they designed moria servers

this is the only reason for it

sometimes i feel about game is just designed for maxlvl 95^^

so pls plan to change it to something usefull in a future patch
dont design new features before cleaned up the old

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-02-2013 09:47.

01-02-2013 09:45 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

And once you get 6 items with -5% dodge you'll be wondering "Why the hell is dodge from items capped at 30%".

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-02-2013 12:17 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Clan: HLL

the -dodge% enchantments could justify it, but I keep thinking thatonce items reach cap they should give something else instead, since I doubt people will get more than one of such enchantments!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 01-08-2013 19:16.

01-07-2013 20:19 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

It would be nice for the designer to explain this to us ... and their reasoning and thoughts behind it.
Other than us having to guess whats what lol

01-08-2013 08:22 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

a statement would be very intresting^^

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
perfect black set gives: Additional 1 attacks with every weapon, Character defence increased by 2 for every 4 char levels, Dodge -2%

i don't know about higher up, but there are indeed some things that reduce dodge Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
And once you get 6 items with -5% dodge you'll be wondering "Why the hell is dodge from items capped at 30%".

the arguments with -%dodge of these doesnt count
-2% from blackset??? wow incredible malus^^
and
6 enchantments with -%dodge??? lol u cant mean that serious

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-08-2013 12:05.

01-08-2013 11:59 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

you could argue the same with sniper rifles having more than 85% critical chance, yet if that was changed there would be many people up in arms about it Wink

01-09-2013 22:39 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
you could argue the same with sniper rifles having more than 85% critical chance, yet if that was changed there would be many people up in arms about it Wink

and how many sniper do u know who dont use speed?
give me same argument for dodge^^

01-09-2013 22:49 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

point being what exactly? it doesnt matter how many snipers use speed, the logic is the same.

the weapon itself gives more than the capped amount of crit chance.

eventually we may find certain items at high level that have enough - dodge to perhaps negate evolutions or gangster/monk dodge ability. or dodge from tigers set

01-10-2013 17:56 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Pops
point being what exactly? it doesnt matter how many snipers use speed, the logic is the same.

the weapon itself gives more than the capped amount of crit chance.

eventually we may find certain items at high level that have enough - dodge to perhaps negate evolutions or gangster/monk dodge ability. or dodge from tigers set

Didnt someone say that this debate is on a few forums or somthing like that? They have the higher levels to know if thats true or not and are still debating this. So i recon it remains the same at high lvls :/

01-10-2013 19:06 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » are higher dodge sets a designmistake?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH