Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Small Hunt Idea. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Small Hunt Idea. 9 Votes - Average Rating: 8.449 Votes - Average Rating: 8.449 Votes - Average Rating: 8.44
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
W A R L O R D

images/avatars/avatar-1086.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2013
Clan: BUBBLES !!

Small Hunt Idea. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have just started the game recently and noticed that new players can't do very much before level 20.
It states in the game, that Auction House, Expeditions & Arena is NOT available untill level 20 and over.
This is quite boring, and that is why some new players are not continuing to play the game.

I have an idea on how we can change this minor problem.

Introduce 'Small Hunt' with a Level bracket of 1-19 where you can enrole once every 24 hours. Simular to the event Souvenir Shop, but where it is only available to the level bracket and then it remains hidden for the rest of the game.

Idea for 'Small Hunt'.
Create the Small Hunt like King of the Hill, where you fight small creatures or teams but for little experience.
Here is my example of this idea..

Human Guard- Level Bracket 1-4.
Hit Points: 100-150
Damage: 2x 20-30 from Glock
Agility: 8-10
Toughness: 34-36
Perception: 24-26
(Weekness: Melee)
Experience: 50

Wolf - Level Bracket 4-8.
Hit Points: 150-200
Damage: 2x 20-25 from Bite
Agility: 24-26
Toughness: 25-27
Perception: 12-14
(Weekness: Ranged)
Experience 50-100

Robotic Human - Level Bracket 8-12.
Hit Points: 200-250
Damage: 2x 30-40 Laser Beam
Agility: 10-12
Toughness: 35-37
Perception: 32-34
Experience: 100-150

Mutated Giant Crab - Level Bracket 12-16.
Hit Points: 300-350
Damage: 2x 50-80 from Sharp Pincers
Agility: 30-32
Toughness: 38-45
Perception: 8-9
(Weekness: Guns)
Experience: 150-200

Baby Dragon - Level Bracket 16-19.
Hit Points: 500-600
Damage: 2x 80-120 from Fire-Breath
Agility: 28-30
Toughness: 50
Perception: 28-30
(Weekness: Melee, Guns & Ranged)
Experience: 200-400

It isn't much, but it will give new players something to do & enjoy before level 20.
Tell me your input & feed back.

( This information was first shown to Szeszj and he said it sounds very interesting. )

01-09-2013 20:23 W A R L O R D is offline Search for Posts by W A R L O R D Add W A R L O R D to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It does sound interesting! Although the majority of players who will read this won't ever see this addition, I do hope it gets implemented as the first 20 levels for me were reallllllllly boring. If I didn't know 4 real life players when I started I doubt I would be here now.

01-10-2013 20:22 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
W A R L O R D

Thread Starter Thread Started by W A R L O R D
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
It does sound interesting! Although the majority of players who will read this won't ever see this addition, I do hope it gets implemented as the first 20 levels for me were reallllllllly boring. If I didn't know 4 real life players when I started I doubt I would be here now.

There is simply no attraction for new players before level 20, hence why they are leaving.
Yes it is a long term game, but if this was created, it would give simular experiences for fighting in larger groups in Expeditions and King of the Hill's.

Big players in the game will simply not like this, as they won't benefit from it in any way possible, so they will obviously dislike it. But it will bring more players to Bloodwars and make the realms more active with more members to connect with.

Big players have act Act 2, Act 3, Expeditions, King of the Hill's.. So why not give new comers something to have fun with and gain simular experiences with the things available to much higher players.

01-11-2013 22:18 W A R L O R D is offline Search for Posts by W A R L O R D Add W A R L O R D to your Buddy List
Hazardous
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1037.gif

Registration Date: 01-20-2011
Race in game: Absorber

All though l won't get any benefit out of this suggestion, I think Warlord make a reasonable point.

Could be a good incentive to keep newbies interested.^^
01-11-2013 23:49 Hazardous is offline Search for Posts by Hazardous Add Hazardous to your Buddy List
Toyama

Registration Date: 08-21-2010

Good proposition!
Even big players will benefit from it. As more players get through the starting boring bit and the player base subsequently grows, there will be more players to sell drops and obsolete items to. Maybe even the decline of item prices will diminish .

01-12-2013 10:19 Toyama is offline Search for Posts by Toyama Add Toyama to your Buddy List
Toyama

Registration Date: 08-21-2010

For Necro, I would suggest to keep the Small Hunt option up to level 25 (entrance to clan armoury) or even 37 (first expeditions).

01-12-2013 10:42 Toyama is offline Search for Posts by Toyama Add Toyama to your Buddy List
W A R L O R D

Thread Starter Thread Started by W A R L O R D

quote:
Originally posted by Toyama
For Necro, I would suggest to keep the Small Hunt option up to level 25 (entrance to clan armoury) or even 37 (first expeditions).

For Necropolis, I think it would be okay to maximise it at level 15, and add Money aswell as experience for the reward to buy junk (To then sell for Points of Progress) to start building a personal armoury to get basics and start gaining a good set of items for ambush and quest to get started.

01-15-2013 17:32 W A R L O R D is offline Search for Posts by W A R L O R D Add W A R L O R D to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

While it is a great idea in itself, unfortunately the new players have already too many things to learn at the start and we don't want to burden them further with additional features.

However, we have a new upcoming feature connected with quests that will be available for all level ranges (so also for new players).

01-16-2013 23:09 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

yahoo!!!

General quest independent of zones !!!!

I am right?

01-17-2013 06:32 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
danuut

Registration Date: 02-04-2013

As a new player, yes I can concur that the first levels are increasingly boring. I have't reach 20 yet and it doesn't feel fun to play level up at the moment it feels more like a chore .
02-04-2013 12:32 danuut is offline Homepage of danuut Search for Posts by danuut Add danuut to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
While it is a great idea in itself, unfortunately the new players have already too many things to learn at the start and we don't want to burden them further with additional features.

However, we have a new upcoming feature connected with quests that will be available for all level ranges (so also for new players).

Am sorry but the game at the start is quite simple and not hard to learn its when you get higher it becomes more complacted i.e merging.

So a thing like this would be great for them
02-05-2013 08:45 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Small Hunt Idea.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH