Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos 11 Votes - Average Rating: 6.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is my understanding that the preparation time for each expo is somehow correlated with the number of levels to fill, which really makes sense.

However, the biggest mobs phase 1 is "a bit" long. My suggestion is that all expos from basilisk to chronos have the same phase 1 time (Time of preparation: 8:15:00) as that time is long enough to gather a team and fill the expedition.

Another reason for this is that the number of big players is increasing, which will translate into more players starting XR, Anubis, etc. expos, and with current long phase 1 it is hard to be able to start your own expo and help someone.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lightboy: 01-29-2013 15:16.

01-29-2013 15:11 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

RE: Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lightboy
it is hard to be able to start your own expo and help someone.

I really agree with this idea, and i also think the devs would agree with it too as the Good Samaritan feature is geared to allow as many people to start expos as possible now.

Great idea LB ㋡

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-29-2013 15:41 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They Should All be a 3 Maybe 4 Hour Fixed Above DE 2 And Under Should Be Lower

01-31-2013 23:13 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nah, 4 hours is too short, should be 8 hours for the biggest at the very least
02-03-2013 01:03 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
zuo

Registration Date: 08-19-2012

i think phase 1 should be 3h just like koth, no matter if it's chronos or basilisk
02-03-2013 21:34 zuo is offline Search for Posts by zuo Add zuo to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I think the preparation time for expos are absolutely fine the way they are.

If say the XR time was shortened, I wouldn't of been able to accept Gus into it and get the kill. Long hours are fine.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 02-03-2013 21:55.

02-03-2013 21:54 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor

If say the XR time was shortened, I wouldn't of been able to accept Gus into it and get the kill. Long hours are fine.

No 4 5 Hours Will Be Fine Like I Said Aboove That Is pointless

02-03-2013 23:03 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

If you want the bigger exp yielding expos, you should have to wait. If the times do get shortened the regen costs of anything worthwhile will shoot up so fast it'll make your balls hurt.

02-04-2013 02:39 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
wat

Registration Date: 03-21-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: WJS

I would change nothing personally. Lowering the time would further imbalance the game in favor of elite players, just my opinion.

02-04-2013 04:40 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Clan: Boot Camp

I'm not against the idea . Elite players should not be forgotten too . It's too boring to read about helping lower levels, middle, newer, etc. but never them .

02-04-2013 07:09 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

I think we can create a premium option
- if you want to start expo now you just give 5 premium days and it's started on next 00 or 30 minute clock
super easy solution...

02-04-2013 09:04 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Registration Date: 10-19-2012

It is a very good idea.

Imagine the simple situation. IN clan there are at least 4 person who have penalty for basilisk, so they want to do higher mobs, Robot, anubis, Wendi.

With Samaritan mode it's easier to find help in that but having in mind long 1st phases it can be diffficult to start 2 expos per day

Player 1, Player 2, Player 3, Player 4, player 5 (permanent helper)
2 payers per day want to start anubis expo

Day 1
Player 1 has to start his expo at 0.00 and and 1st pahse is till 11.10, Players: 2,3,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 11.30 the earliest.

Player 2 has to start his expo at 11.30, 12.00 and and 1st pahse is till max 23.10, Players: 1,3,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 00.00.

Day 2
Player 3 has to start his expo at 0.00 and and 1st pahse is till 11.10, Players: 1,2,4,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 11.30 the earliest.

Player 4 has to start his expo at 11.30, 12.00 and and 1st pahse is till max 23.10, Players: 1,2,3,5 are joining him, so the next expo can be started at 00.00.

Imagine the internet connection malfunction, any other real life situation and U are stucked with too long 1st phase and U need to resign with your expo and your friends have no expo to join becasue the timetable is too narrow...

There is no explanation why the 1st pahse should last longer and longer. Look that KOTH is 3 hours flat for all locations...

So my propositios is that starting from basilisk to the last location the 1st phase is 8h 15 minutes what gives us players 7h backup for unexpected situations and does not force us to be sticked to the computer or mobile, keep us away from bad (casue U need start at 0.00)

Smaller players, U also be at the same point after some time, so please look at this from pur perspective and answer the simple question: "Do I, personally, want to have same problems? Especially if the change is simply overwiting a few game parameters"??
02-04-2013 11:16 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

• This is not for "Elite" players, its for high levels.

They are not the same thing.
Wanting to start an expo every day you can is the way that the game is played.
Right now, the amount of end game expos you can do pretty much HAS to slow down so that all your clan can do them. That is a pretty imba mechanic on its own, work hard for years only to end up with that?

As for res. costs:
  • As more people are able to do them, more often - the costs increase

Its silly even bringing this topic up, especially as our server grows ...
Lightboys idea will make it so that more high level expos/hunts will be on the go at one time.
Yes res prices will increase, but honestly .... OF COURSE that will happen as more players are able to do them.

Just like how sphinx and bas costs are really high now compared to before, same difference.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 02-04-2013 11:31.

02-04-2013 11:28 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
quote:

pointless its worked for the last few years grand..why change it now ?

as for the phase1 being to long to accept team

its called planning...

you want to get the best xp from the higher mobs..spend the time in phase1

what will happen if the time was lowered to much..you start expo have to go somewhere and not have ENOUGH time to accept team

i think its just grand

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-04-2013 14:13 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:
Originally posted by TheKid
quote:

pointless its worked for the last few years grand..why change it now ?

as for the phase1 being to long to accept team

its called planning...

you want to get the best xp from the higher mobs..spend the time in phase1

what will happen if the time was lowered to much..you start expo have to go somewhere and not have ENOUGH time to accept team

i think its just grand

That's what I've been trying to say to them Ba_al! I think the main reason people want the times lowered is so they can get more easy exp!

02-04-2013 15:07 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
DemonDude2
Lord

Its worked for years as
  • Its a small list of how many expos could be done at once (HUNT changed this)

• Its a small (but always growing) list of how many could even beat the mobs (Good Samaritan changed this)

You have to realize how Good Samaritan and Hunt features changes these, now its possible for more people to start an expo and still get a team.

You shouldn't be penalized for being high level.
You can say "Be Organized" but that only helps so much when you can only do a few a day, someone will always be left out.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 02-04-2013 15:35.

02-04-2013 15:34 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

And easy exp!! easy exp is doing 2 man basilisk expo. That is low risk and reasonable time taken so you can finish 2 consecutive each day.

Once you reach level 109 you start taking a penalty hit on basilisks, this grows worse each level you gain above 109. So eventually in order not to slow progress too much, you need to move on and do xr expo or anubis expo. Since both expo can be done with roughly the same number of people, xr expo makes no sense. So Anubis expo it is... If you need 4 man to kill it you have person a,b,c,d.

Day 1:
a start and take b, c, d
b start and take a, c, d

day 2:
c start and take a, b, d
d start and take a, b, c

First phase of Anubis expo takes 11 hours and 10 minutes, effectively 11 hours and 30 minutes.
First expo must start between 00:01 and 00:19 and then runs until 11:30, next expo must end at latest at midnight. Failing that you will upset next days expo schedule. So you have 49 minutes to start next expo.

/edit
Also this system have worked for many years yes, but only because people are getting 100% exp from basilisk. Once more and more people reach level 109+ there will be more need to run Anubis expo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 02-04-2013 16:14.

02-04-2013 15:58 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Baal - 8h is enough to accept your team. Every person going on basilisk can confirm that. U do not need any single minute more than 8h, I can even say that 4-5h is enough, especially when U have samaritans.

THe example i provided and Nndungu followed shows U that with higher levels and penalty for basilisk there are problems with time schedule.

It's not about easy exp guys, it's about having exp at all!

Pliz think a step forward toward your own nose...
02-04-2013 19:11 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
Toyama

Registration Date: 08-21-2010

8h max for me.

02-05-2013 19:30 Toyama is offline Search for Posts by Toyama Add Toyama to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Can we get any administration's response?
02-11-2013 08:52 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Shortening phase 1 of biggest expos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH