Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Beserker Rant » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Beserker Rant 19 Votes - Average Rating: 3.8419 Votes - Average Rating: 3.84
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

Beserker Rant Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Beserkers......they seriously need a re-balance, the tattoo is basically + 1 attack, end of.

think about it

we do good damage but that's it, our pathetic +5% hp is nothing, black knight's also get an extra attack like us and our 5% hp bonus and luck ontop in a single tattoo path along with defence, +16 damage isnt much when talking 2h either and we get less exp bonus whereas the bk's have full exp and a very nice critical chance tattoo

when people are all suddenly turning up with 6/4 defence enchantments and such our damage suddenly becomes terrible with no chance of even equalling them let alone winning, doesnt help that we ourselves cant use 6/4 defence enchantments or even character defence + enchants, it's simply being a dead end

hitting is also no longer an issue for these "black knights" as they can wield all their favourite equipment and with leg 2h, we cant even avoid them!

a beserker should be getting + 2 attacks at least i mean seriously they have no defence but should have significantly more power than what is being given, being a "beserker" and all. Doesnt have to be another attack but something needs to change :/

i think something like current beserkers on the server must be like 1% Tongue

Ps. bring on the abuse, it's kinda inevitable with me posting Tongue
02-12-2013 15:33 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

images/avatars/avatar-1104.jpg

Registration Date: 01-15-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You suck that's why you want it rebalanced for your own benefit

02-12-2013 16:02 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pissedoffhyperion
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ace Rimmer

pretend it's not just you trying to be a dick, then read the post, and make an actual contribution to it rather than expressing your rather insignificant views
02-12-2013 16:43 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Fischkopf

Registration Date: 06-08-2012

quote:

are you mad?

you really must be,

just try black knight for 1 month please, maybe it will stop these stupid and ignorant posts.

'OMG i cant hit this beserker too high agi op i have to use assault for head and field for cape, so unfair buff bk!!!!!!'

is what you should easily get people saying if you actually learnt how to use your own brain in deciding gear and realise you can comfortably dodge everything bks throw at you.
02-12-2013 17:07 Fischkopf is offline Search for Posts by Fischkopf Add Fischkopf to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

Ok you want defence? Go bk

You want yet more damage against bk go female get headband

Berserker is 0 defence always has been always will be, a good berserker doesn't need defence

Edit: ps I wasn't just being harsh the truth hurts, you ain't that good and you won't be for a long time, not because you can't play but because you need end game gear

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ace Rimmer: 02-12-2013 17:15.

02-12-2013 17:14 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Fischkopf
quote:

are you mad?

you really must be,

just try black knight for 1 month please, maybe it will stop these stupid and ignorant posts.

'OMG i cant hit this beserker too high agi op i have to use assault for head and field for cape, so unfair buff bk!!!!!!'

is what you should easily get people saying if you actually learnt how to use your own brain in deciding gear and realise you can comfortably dodge everything bks throw at you.

if you were to read what i am saying that is not the problem, read first THEN post your thoughts

dodging isnt the problem or even involved in my whole argument the problem comes with the enchants and the fact that beserkers get an extra attack and basically nothing else, while others get + attacks, far better hp bonus, large amounts of crit and + to hit extra
02-12-2013 17:16 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
Ok you want defence? Go bk

You want yet more damage against bk go female get headband

Berserker is 0 defence always has been always will be, a good berserker doesn't need defence

Edit: ps I wasn't just being harsh the truth hurts, you ain't that good and you won't be for a long time, not because you can't play but because you need end game gear

no no no, i dont want defence, exactly where did i specify that?

precisely, a good beserker doesnt need defence, but the problem is when nearly all other tattoo's pile on the 6/4 defence we are certainly not doing half the damage we were doing before and unless we start finding extra attack enchants soon and lots of them, it just becomes a dead end.

btw what's exactly your experience in this game? i swear you claimed to be new?
02-12-2013 17:20 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

quote:
Originally posted by Pissedoffhyperion
quote:
quote:

are you mad?

you really must be,

if you were to read what i am saying that is not the problem, read first THEN post your thoughts

dodging isnt the problem or even involved in my whole argument the problem comes with the enchants and the fact that beserkers get an extra attack and basically nothing else, while others get + attacks, far better hp bonus, large amounts of crit and + to hit extra

Do you see a Bk rolling round with Elvish Cape of xxx or a Tigers set of xxx? No yet Berserkers can use these, swings and roundabouts

6/4 defence enchant has come out what 3 or 4 times? One deleted, one much lower than you and one on Nndungu which doesn't even come into the equation

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ace Rimmer: 02-12-2013 17:22.

02-12-2013 17:21 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Fischkopf

Registration Date: 06-08-2012

You get the option to go absolutely any gear you like as long as you use suicide/vengeance

This is a huge deal, if you were other tats you'd just moan constantly about not being able to use certain gear

stop moaning, everyone else gets on with with berserker
02-12-2013 17:24 Fischkopf is offline Search for Posts by Fischkopf Add Fischkopf to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

are you mad?

you really must be,

Do you see a Bk rolling round with Elvish Cape of xxx or a Tigers set of xxx? No yet Berserkers can use these, swings and roundabouts

no you just see them very high level xxx xxx of speed

you seem to think an elvish cape of xxx/tigers set of xxx makes you impossible to hit...
02-12-2013 17:25 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

Your narrow mindedness amazes me you cannot see the benefit of being berserker and I for one cannot be bothered explaining it any further

02-12-2013 17:29 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

wow swift, not this again, come on now.
just because you aren't high enough level to make the tat truly work is neither here nor there, some are very early game, some tats come to life mid level, and others, you've got to be insanely high for it to pay dividends.
i could give you a whole list of what you'd need, but it's pointless if you can't see the advantage of being a zerker.
forget people having 6/4defence enchants, play to your race & characters strengths. Ignore defence, be it from headband, or one of two enchants, or even both enchants. A female of any class can have 40% ignore defence (mildly irrelevant i know), farm for the enchants, since it's still 20% total on a male.
there you go, that's their defence issue solved. next problem? you can't avoid them? you can, stop doing it wrong is all i can say here, tigers set is your friend, and since you're using tigers bandanna of adrenaline, why not go make yourself a nice suffixed tigers cape, without going mad and saying tigers of speed, just use tigers of assassin, a chimp could merge one. Tigers kilt of dodges, needless to say, piece of cake to make, happy days.
you've got plenty of crit from tigers set, and what else have you got? dodge melee, problem solved! oh, you're also going to have a reasonable chunk of defence thanks to all the toughness, fixing the other thing you moan about.
Why is your exp tat only 8%? because it's not hard to get gear that works with the tats, hence can be mildly more effective sooner.

hope this helps ya.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 02-13-2013 00:08.

02-13-2013 00:08 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Indica
wow swift, not this again, come on now.
just because you aren't high enough level to make the tat truly work is neither here nor there, some are very early game, some tats come to life mid level, and others, you've got to be insanely high for it to pay dividends.
i could give you a whole list of what you'd need, but it's pointless if you can't see the advantage of being a zerker.
forget people having 6/4defence enchants, play to your race & characters strengths. Ignore defence, be it from headband, or one of two enchants, or even both enchants. A female of any class can have 40% ignore defence (mildly irrelevant i know), farm for the enchants, since it's still 20% total on a male.
there you go, that's their defence issue solved. next problem? you can't avoid them? you can, stop doing it wrong is all i can say here, tigers set is your friend, and since you're using tigers bandanna of adrenaline, why not go make yourself a nice suffixed tigers cape, without going mad and saying tigers of speed, just use tigers of assassin, a chimp could merge one. Tigers kilt of dodges, needless to say, piece of cake to make, happy days.
you've got plenty of crit from tigers set, and what else have you got? dodge melee, problem solved! oh, you're also going to have a reasonable chunk of defence thanks to all the toughness, fixing the other thing you moan about.
Why is your exp tat only 8%? because it's not hard to get gear that works with the tats, hence can be mildly more effective sooner.

hope this helps ya.

Thanks Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pissedoffhyperion: 02-13-2013 03:49.

02-13-2013 03:49 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

A high BK have ~250 agility = (250+75/3)*25% = ~344
A high Berserker ~350 agility (with tiger set you have less agility)

so BK have 90 % chances to hit a high Berserker, but if berserker use tiger set he have 20% chance to dodge...

Some calculation for high level players
BK Beast Master minimum damage 600
use xxx of speed... etc...
3 attack from item + 2 from speed + 1 arcana +1 tattoo = 7 attacks
criticals = 30% tattoo + 25% weapons + 20% evolution = 75 + 10 Black Diamond

Maximum damage = {[6*575 (bers = ~ 100 character defence)]*4 + 575 (non critical hit)} * 0.8 (20% dodge) = ~11500 damage

BZ Beast Master minimum damage 600
nr of attacks = 7
BK defence = ~300
normal damage = 600-(300/2) = 450
critical = 5% tattoo + 25% weapons + 20% evolution = 50% + 10% Black Diamond
Total damage = 4*450*4 + 3*450 = 8550 damage - less that BK

but if you use tiger set then you have 85% critical chances...
and damage = 6*450*4 + 450 = 11250

Conclusion

Only your personal luck can re balance the fight Big Grin

BK is a middle to high LVL tattoo
BZ is a 100% high LVL tattoo

If you love adrenaline then BZ is for you
if you love Tank stile then BK is the choice

PS: Please assess my work Roll Eyes

02-13-2013 09:13 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
PhuctiphinO

images/avatars/avatar-334.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2008
Clan: The Source

Beserker is shite in defence , i felt also beserker was unbalanced hence i had to change tat .
02-13-2013 10:23 PhuctiphinO is offline Search for Posts by PhuctiphinO Add PhuctiphinO to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

the maths is off, suicide, giving mad top end has potential for huge numbers, or even vengeance just for all round damage, you can reach agility a bk can't. You have initiative, ergo, you swing first, giving you a decent headstart.
zerker is fine as is imo, and i'll let you in on a secret, level 96, i'm switching to zerker.

02-13-2013 18:46 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Can anybody post a report of one of the top Berserkers beating an equal or higher level Black Knight ?

I would like proof that berserker can do good Damage versus high defence and last long enough to win.

02-13-2013 19:30 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

I see you two calmed down, but Ace Rimmer and Pissedoffhyperion watch you tone and choice of words otherwise next time it will be a direct warning.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
02-13-2013 19:58 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Ace Rimmer

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
Can anybody post a report of one of the top Berserkers beating an equal or higher level Black Knight ?

I would like proof that berserker can do good Damage versus high defence and last long enough to win.

I use to have in the region of 600 defence with gargoyles mask and Albert Hoffman would roflstomp it with his leg cursed katana of vengeance

02-13-2013 19:59 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

quote:
quote:

I use to have in the region of 600 defence with gargoyles mask and Albert Hoffman would roflstomp it with his leg cursed katana of vengeance

But that weapon has no agility so will make you an easier target .

02-13-2013 20:12 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

quote:
quote:
quote:

But that weapon has no agility so will make you an easier target .

He still has about the same agility a bk of his level would I'm just saying tat Zerkers can get through defence

02-13-2013 20:20 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7000ae4b44

well speaks for itself Tongue
02-13-2013 21:44 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

with equal hp hoffman would have won Tongue
hypy

this is pgood example how hard htting zerkers can be

475 def and still doing 14-1500 crits Tongue

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
02-13-2013 21:46 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
with equal hp hoffman could have won Tongue
hypy

erm sorry for double post..me clickey wrong button

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 02-13-2013 21:51.

02-13-2013 21:48 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
with equal hp hoffman would have won Tongue
hypy

yes only doing that by sacrificing that nice agility people going on about Tongue

your also forgetting dra gets a very nice hp bonus from the bloodsucker Tongue and not bad strength too Wink

and how would he have won Tongue ? in the first round, hoff does 7451 damage while dra does a nice 9026 Tongue

incidentially hoff is using a purely damaging weapon while dra isnt Tongue
02-13-2013 21:54 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

i seem to remember getting nearly 400 agi with my set up

and dodging most melee quite easily and winning

all about ur set up..upgrade your gear..or merge a nice agile weapon

ambush sniper instead -.-

or just change tats and be done with it

02-13-2013 22:12 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

Can anyone beat Nndungu ?

Was rohlikus still Berserker and if so has he tried ?

02-13-2013 22:28 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:

i remember getting roh to show me once

he was doing crits of 400 with his non leg chainsaw thing while the bk was using agile scythe of bs and doing plenty of 1600 odds Frown
02-13-2013 22:44 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

Dragan regenerated 2610 hp that makes the outcome alot different either way all your arguments have been proven wrong and you have no valid evidence to back it up with

02-13-2013 22:55 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
quote:

he was doing crits of 400 with his non leg chainsaw thing while the bk was using agile scythe of bs and doing plenty of 1600 odds Frown

and is that the basis of this rant..that ndungu cant be beaten by a zerker..or are you on about bk's in general

nndungu has amasing gear and shouldnt be brought into this rant as an example as its a poor 1

also only 2 players have the 6/4 def enchant so its not like every player in the game has massive defense

i really dont see the problems with zerker tat tbh i just dont

02-13-2013 22:55 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

quote:
quote:
quote:

and is that the basis of this rant..that ndungu cant be beaten by a zerker..or are you on about bk's in general

nndungu has amasing gear and shouldnt be brought into this rant as an example as its a poor 1

also only 2 players have the 6/4 def enchant so its not like every player in the game has massive defense

i really dont see the problems with zerker tat tbh i just dont

This ^^

02-13-2013 23:03 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

quote:
Dragan regenerated 2610 hp that makes the outcome alot different either way all your arguments have been proven wrong and you have no valid evidence to back it up with

such an idiot.....btw you never answered my question significantly earlier in the thread about your experience, you kinda ignored it :/

for a start he regenerated 1305 Wink , first round he didnt lose any hp so nothing actually happened Wink

second take away the arcana, your left with a beserker with one less attack for a start and no regen, so arcana really didnt make much of a difference (hoff crits on him for about 1380, he regens 1305 of it, just incase you needed it explaining)
02-13-2013 23:16 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Ace Rimmer

quote:
quote:

such an idiot.....btw you never answered my question significantly earlier in the thread about your experience, you kinda ignored it :/

for a start he regenerated 1305 Wink , first round he didnt lose any hp so nothing actually happened Wink

second take away the arcana, your left with a beserker with one less attack for a start and no regen, so arcana really didnt make much of a difference (hoff crits on him for about 1380, he regens 1305 of it, just incase you needed it explaining)

Yeah I did ignore it.

Ok so I made a mistake, 1305 then still brings the result significantly closer

02-14-2013 07:15 Ace Rimmer is offline Search for Posts by Ace Rimmer Add Ace Rimmer to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

plenty people can beat me, i just don't think anyone melee can

02-14-2013 11:17 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

i also would like to point out that, the current holders of both highest damage done with 2h meele in one hit AND highest damage done in one round with 2h meele both belong to black knights and not beserkers Tongue
02-14-2013 13:38 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

on our puny little moria, bk has been pushed alot further than zerker, that doesn't mean zerker is bad etc, it just means the gear hasn't been pushed as far.

02-14-2013 13:40 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

using nndungu as an example isnt even fair.....il tell you why.

not only has he developed his gear, he is NUMBER 1 on the server.

rohlikus is 5 levels behind (character wise) but also 14k points between them.

if youre going to compare tattoos, at least do it with people who are close together level and points wise.

as we all know, 5 levels in this game can make a massive difference in what you can equip, and also the amount of stones you have to further develop your gear.

dont forget that there are certain items that cant even be used by bk at any level, whereas zerker can use anything as long as they have suicide or vengeance suffix.

also, you need to remember that zerker can also use 1h melee whereas a bk is specifically 2h melee.

berserker is a glass cannon tattoo. you wait for someone to climb to his level and push berserker gear as much as he has bk, then come and complain.

02-14-2013 15:38 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Pops

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2d94fd1a7a

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

02-14-2013 19:44 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Pops

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2d94fd1a7a

and the zerker

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=39a4a42343

:p

02-14-2013 20:28 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Amulet of Levi that isn't even good.. Lolololol. And you complain your not doing well?
02-14-2013 20:32 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Beserker Rant

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH