Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Dilemma! Bad solution! ARGH! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dilemma! Bad solution! ARGH!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

Dilemma! Bad solution! ARGH! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been stressing over my character for a while, and I mean REALLY stressing. I was thinking of starting again, but don't want to give up on all the time and effort I invested into my character because I KNOW I'll regret that.

I've gone over to a Moria server and started a new character.

Same name, although I've gone a Cultist with an eye towards being a Hunter.

And it's FUN!

You remember fun? It's what games are SUPPOSED to be Tongue

But it could just be the shiny new factor that's distracting me.

Either way, I'm trying to wrap my head around Polish Tongue

Who else has done this?

Cthulu has a Clan over there don't they?

We should band together as British rebels against the oppressive Polish devs Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
11-12-2008 21:33 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: NIGHT

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

im over there 2 i just dont go on it very often

also are you saying this is.... fun?.... i thaught it was a addiction where you got hoed on the first few levels because everything as new, and only stayed because of the friends you make.

or is that just me
11-12-2008 21:58 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have done this many times (well, around 4) and it is great at the beginning. But then I always quit at around level 20 cus I can't afford 2 premiums (well, I can't afford english premium but that's beside the point) but yeah, it is great. I think it is the fact that you start from sctratch and you have all options open for you.

11-12-2008 22:02 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Haha - yes, my brothers & sisters! Come to the Arkham Asylum - let us take good care of you! Big Grin (just got our clan armoury as well Tongue ) ME - vassal me up! Big Grin

I have to admit it is fun - still as frustrating as trying to pull an in-growing hair out with a pair of mittens on - but bloody good fun squashing all those low level characters who have no idea how to equip themselves, or where the junk-bank button is. Big Grin

Join us Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 11-12-2008 23:18.

11-12-2008 22:29 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

if someone postss a tranlation stite so i can play will it was in english i would jion
11-12-2008 22:37 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Well, I use http://translate.google.com/translate_t#submit mostly - it's kind of ok, translates into gibberish occasionally, but I get by with it. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-12-2008 23:14 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

when i try to register it won't let me any ideas?
11-13-2008 11:29 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by theheraldofogc

You need to register without the site being translated.

Just copy and paste to translate phrases.

You pretty much have to stick with the copy and paste trick (unless there's a better way to do it and I just don't know...).

It's alright with the UK BW in the next tab as a reference point Tongue

11-13-2008 13:08 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I've always wanted to try to be a hunter/gunner or even try being a Zerker....
but I can see myself getting to 10-15 points then going inactive and basically leaving for a few reasons:
1) I rely to much and like the fact that I can glance at the screen or a message quickly and be able to read and understand it. Translators would slow me down and I'd get too annoyed.
2) It would probably be hard to run an account as a high level clan leader and a new player. That and I think in any clan I'd be way too opinionated because I'm a leader here.
3) Along with #1, I talk way too much to other players, if they message me, I start a conversation till one of us logs off or forgets to message back (1000+ messages in my sent box in a few weeks, 50+ a day at least).

Though I would LOVE to re-start knowing what I know now. I might wait till I get all the gear I want for being a Black Knight then do what other high levels do, swap out tattoos and gears to change the pace...lol

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-13-2008 13:40 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Cthulhu
Viking

Hehe - thanks for the vassals guys - keep them coming; all your money is helping fund a budding clan armoury - I just upgraded a handy item - need to auction more stones! Big Grin

@Fool - sorry dude, forgot to mention, you need to cut & paste in the script box - translating the page just doesn't work that well. But as HoOGC says; I also have the UK BW game open at the same time, & most of my understanding has been through comparing the 2 sites - they are identical! Big Grin I use google ot translate the miriad of random messages that I get, and to try & answer them - which is fun... sometimes. Tongue

@Lys - lol - lazy! Quite a lot of the Polish board speak some english, and if they don't most of the one's I've chatted with try & use the translator as well. Yes it can be annoying, and there are some days where I just can't be bothered, but thats why its my back up character! Big Grin Plus the biggest benefit is playing it differently - I'm going Zerker - so I'm having to re-think all my strategies (er, note to self - make a strategy!).

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
11-13-2008 14:13 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
You need to register without the site being translated.

Just copy and paste to translate phrases.

You pretty much have to stick with the copy and paste trick (unless there's a better way to do it and I just don't know...).

It's alright with the UK BW in the next tab as a reference point Tongue

Memorise where everything goes and just assume gold as pass and red as fail; also try Lite setting and learn which icon means which you just get used to it Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
11-13-2008 15:38 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

what relam are you in on the polish sever?
12-04-2008 23:33 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

I did this, but only because I had cleared the armoury of my first account when I got my laptop back Tongue

Its great, getting to destroy all the low levels (who are higher than you) that dont have a clue hehe

But it is frustrating. I see someone mention an expo and go to equip my Murderous Dagger of Hitting or my Good Shorts of Shepherd (+3) and realise Im not even strong enough to join, nevermind do damage Frown

12-05-2008 00:39 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by fool

Moria Big Grin

@Art - I just got my first badge.... again! Woohoo. Big Grin
Smoki No1

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-05-2008 13:38.

12-05-2008 13:36 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

might jion you as i am in realm 2 of oyurs
12-06-2008 00:35 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

quote:

Ooh, er, Moria 1. I'm in Cthulhu's clan Smile

12-06-2008 04:40 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

what is your name?
in the sever?
12-06-2008 19:22 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

We both have the same names: Cthulhu & HeraldofOGC - the clan is called Arkham Asylum. Come & say hello. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-06-2008 20:47 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

I SUCK! Big Grin

But I'm getting better Tongue My long term plotting always does me in for the short term, but it usually pays off.

Eventually.

12-07-2008 02:17 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I may join and simply not buy premium... is Arkhum Asylum english speaking at all?

Also I would be under the name Narcosynthesis Tongue I may, when I get bored of Set Abominae change to Narcosynthesis

Your imperfection.
12-07-2008 03:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

you not in a clan it says
and it says HeraldofOGC doesnn't exist
12-07-2008 12:44 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
you not in a clan it says
and it says HeraldofOGC doesnn't exist

Er, I am in the clan - it's MY clan!!

From my clan page:
Nazwa klanu Arkham Asylum
Tag klanu [CTHUL]
Data powstania 2008-10-03 19:38:15
CzBonków 19 / 28

My clan members:
Cthulhu
Liennayr
Ghost-Rider
PanSF
Kalessin
przemko
Sensy
Serafine
SwiftDeathIsComing
theheraldofogc
Lord Of Destruction
tomeG
TomStone
No Name
Uchiha
Kapo
Helldemon
Stile
necrol

We are on the Polish server:- R2 Moria

@Raxis - most of the clan speak English - as I have said previously above - we use translator websites to speak with the Polish players, but a lot of them are bi-lingual. It takes a little getting used to, but after a couple of weeks playing you'll be fine. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-07-2008 13:35.

12-07-2008 13:35 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

SO you mean to say you don't want another vassal Cthulhu?

Your imperfection.
12-08-2008 22:54 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
SO you mean to say you don't want another vassal Cthulhu?

Huh - not sure what you mean? Of course I'd like another vassal, and you're more than welcome to join the clan - the more the merrier! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-09-2008 00:38 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

well then what's your personal link?

Your imperfection.
12-09-2008 01:03 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
ME - vassal me up! Big Grin

Join us Tongue

Already previously posted. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-09-2008 13:08 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Dilemma! Bad solution! ARGH!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH