Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch March 2013 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Patch March 2013 7 Votes - Average Rating: 6.577 Votes - Average Rating: 6.57
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Patch March 2013 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello,

Our next March patch will be implemented most probably before Easter.

The contents that will be implemented:
new Searing Blood,
daily bonuses providing 2x treasure points and weekend bonuses providing 3x treasure points,
Easter events.

The contents that might be implemented:
UW: upgrading items with one click
rebalancing expedition locations higher than Desert of Carapace so that they offer comparable experience with the basilisk
Necro: further rebalancing expedition mobs and KotH.

About the new Searing Blood:

cost 210 bk.
How it works: it deals 1% more damage for each 2% missing HP of the user. Maximum 25%.

STACKS with legendary weapon bonuses.
For example:
base dmg = 500
damage dealt bonus 25%
legendary bonus 20%
Damage = 500+(20%+25%) = 500+45% = 725

We've been testing what the new Searing Blood is capable of for the default setting for this race (melee combat) on the most popular expedition on UW, which is the Basilisk, and it works great.
With maximum effectiveness (using Bloodfrenzy jewellery) it lets you deal minimally more damage than a Beast Lord with Shadow of the Beast and Bloodfrenzy. At the same time it's more situational so when you've repeated a location for a couple of times the damage output for both races should be comparable.
On the other hand Cultists' squishiness is compensated by greater flexibility of the arcanum while for Beast Lords the increased survivalability is compensated by the necessity to use only melee weapons.
if you decide to use only Searing Blood you'll be able to use the remaining blood on increased survivalability (Blood of Life) or range (Cat's Paths). Eventually some of you may choose to drop for example Additional Cavity in favour of other evolutions (ie. those increasing damage with guns and ranged weapons).

In our tests on Necro engine a Cultist using guns has also been doing very good due to the increased damage output.

We are also very glad that a low-level Cultist will not be entirely dependant on the arcana, but also on the equipment worn.
Ultimately we think the arcana seem well balanced whether you are low, mid or high level. They allow Cultists to level up effectively in all stages of the game.

We will still be monitoring the effectiveness of Cultists but this time we'll be looking if we haven't overtuned them, because if the tests have shown anything, it's that the new Cultist is a real killer.

03-25-2013 14:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Patch March 2012

posted : Today, 14:54

change the year in the title....

done Wink
Clemenza

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-25-2013 15:31 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THANKYOU!
i have some maths to be doing, but at a first glance, i've decided you're fit to keep your current job, and we (the royal we) shall let you maintain your position of employment due to this rebalance!

25% damage increase maxxing out seems a bit iffy, but anything is an improvement over before, so thankyou.

03-26-2013 16:40 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

The peasantry is glad Wink

03-27-2013 16:05 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
dtr
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 12-02-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

I am quite literally lolling at that Szezej... Smile

On topic, not too sure about upgrading with one click, seems to be too easy to make a mistake...

03-27-2013 19:09 dtr is offline Search for Posts by dtr Add dtr to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by dtr
quote:

I am quite literally lolling at that Szezej... Smile

On topic, not too sure about upgrading with one click, seems to be too easy to make a mistake...

before the change used to just hit f5 and enter, made upgrading alot faster, especially if you had a mountain of stones to use

03-27-2013 20:08 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Did expo mobs get rebalanced?

03-30-2013 06:40 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

I really hate what you guys did to Searing Blood, It's now completely useless Frown

Absorbers can now steal it with one level of Absorbtion and you have to be half dead to get the full bonus.

03-30-2013 10:47 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-1055.png

Registration Date: 12-07-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
I really hate what you guys did to Searing Blood, It's now completely useless Frown

Absorbers can now steal it with one level of Absorbtion and you have to be half dead to get the full bonus.

So? Think of Cursed Ones and Beastmasters, they can also lose their arcana pretty quickly and easily, but you don't see them complaining. :s

ABSORBERS are so-called for a reason, a reason you should be used to by now. O.o if you don't want it to be absorbed, continue using BoL in defence and avoid Absorbers in ambushes, otherwise it's a pretty snazzy-looking arcana.

quote:

We've been testing what the new Searing Blood is capable of for the default setting for this race (melee combat) on the most popular expedition on UW, which is the Basilisk, and it works great.
With maximum effectiveness (using Bloodfrenzy jewellery) it lets you deal minimally more damage than a Beast Lord with Shadow of the Beast and Bloodfrenzy. At the same time it's more situational so when you've repeated a location for a couple of times the damage output for both races should be comparable.
On the other hand Cultists' squishiness is compensated by greater flexibility of the arcanum while for Beast Lords the increased survivalability is compensated by the necessity to use only melee weapons.
if you decide to use only Searing Blood you'll be able to use the remaining blood on increased survivalability (Blood of Life) or range (Cat's Paths). Eventually some of you may choose to drop for example Additional Cavity in favour of other evolutions (ie. those increasing damage with guns and ranged weapons).

Ultimately we think the arcana seem well balanced whether you are low, mid or high level. They allow Cultists to level up effectively in all stages of the game.

We will still be monitoring the effectiveness of Cultists but this time we'll be looking if we haven't overtuned them, because if the tests have shown anything, it's that the new Cultist is a real killer.

^if anything it's a huge improvement I'm sure, and considering the new Searing Blood is, what, a day or two old, you haven't even given it a damn chance yet. :L

Might I also add - in expos, if you're looking for pure damage, you could use SB and Bloodfrenzy?Tongue MOAR DAMAGE.

So tell me all about how hard it is now for you. Must be tough gaining all that damage in expos and KOTHs, huh?:/

More-so on-topic, I think the new patch is grand, upgrading is still as kdjfnakfljhfb as always, but I guess it's still nice to see something new. O.o Not gonna like the SB when I'm getting pwned though but it's still nice to see an improvement on that. O.o Maybe now noobs will stop getting their badges from just SB and have to work for them now too. :3

03-30-2013 13:57 Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D is offline Search for Posts by Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D Add Cheese!!!!!!!!! :D to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

peasantry, i love you for this, hitting like an absolute truck, the damage difference is more than just noticeable, it's monumental.
Looking forward through teary eyes for the inevitable nerf that it's going to get Frown

03-30-2013 14:18 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
VAMPHIRE

images/avatars/avatar-1097.png

Registration Date: 03-01-2013
Clan: Dark Lord

Seems fair, Cultists can now earn their damage like the rest of the races without overpowering Searing Blood like before to get 300-400 damage per round in an expedition getting an easy victory :-D

BECAME A LEGEND

04-05-2013 22:42 VAMPHIRE is offline Homepage of VAMPHIRE Search for Posts by VAMPHIRE Add VAMPHIRE to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for VAMPHIRE
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Clan: Boot Camp

Far from it, some big cultists have already tested Searing Blood's new version with devastating effects .

2-handed melee fighters and Ranged attackers with heavy weapons are currently taking bug fun in . This new version is even worse than the former given up idea of lowering defence of enemies as this is a percentage boost and not a fixed number .

Links incoming . The update of the expos is welcome, but that cultist update was not compulsory :p

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 04-06-2013 08:21.

04-06-2013 08:20 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Aune

Registration Date: 07-19-2012
Clan: QTD

quote:
Originally posted by VAMPHIRE
Seems fair, Cultists can now earn their damage like the rest of the races without overpowering Searing Blood like before to get 300-400 damage per round in an expedition getting an easy victory :-D

was it bad for you when cultists were in your team?

i play with 1h melee and it works on long attacks like more or less the old searing for me so in this case it's not that bad..

BUT. when i take my regular weapons on expos now i put all blood points in bloodfrenzy when i don't need cat's paths, it's less dmg but always dmg. but when it comes to expos where i go with guns or ranged (like spider or golem), not to mention being a tank, my arcana (and those from other races taken from sets) are useless and i deal a lot less dmg than i used to.

it also kind of puts cultists in necessity of using melee with its arcana (like cursed ones are supposed to use guns) and it's harder to have fun from playing with whatever u want (but that's just a little complain in comparison with all others).

i also think that was one of main reasons ppl were choosing to play as a cultist.

all in all - it didn't change ambushes a lot, but brings more difficulties on expos, especially when i'm as a tank on big mob, which is not "balancing" or whatever it supposed to be, and in the end it's bad not only for cultists themselves but for all clans/teams.

i don't like it much, maybe other ppl have better experience with that Wink too bad we weren't informed about that earlier (like with january patch), maybe the discussion would change something then Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Aune: 04-06-2013 18:11.

04-06-2013 18:06 Aune is offline Search for Posts by Aune Add Aune to your Buddy List
NeSTeA

Registration Date: 08-15-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: SS

I played cultist in different server. And sometimes we went for medusa in 4 only with searing blood. That was cool Smile

Now i have one question: what where we have this situation:

OLD searing blood:

You are going for example for Rom and Rem. 1st round - you dodge all hits and make dmg from weapons + 500 dmg from searing blood. 2nd round you take 4-5 hits in a row and you slain on the bf.

NEW searing blood;

Same mob. 1st round same but without 500 dmg. 2nd same. So you didn't get bonus from searing blood. You didn't have any chance...

IN SUM:

I think old searing blood was better. For ambushes new SB is ok. And this situation from above we can see not only at expos but on koths when it is not balanced well too... You could hit one opponent with 500 dmg in first round of koth. And now you have to pray for survive to the next round when new SB will work... S for expos and koths it is bad idea Frown

looking for: http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?postid=203362

ID: 25203
04-06-2013 18:18 NeSTeA is offline Search for Posts by NeSTeA Add NeSTeA to your Buddy List
Deathavan

images/avatars/avatar-647.jpg

Registration Date: 10-16-2009

Nestea your exactly right. I look at it like this:

I'm a cultist and for example I live 3 round in an expo and never get hit. 4th round I get hit 3 times and die. Round 5 Everyone dies. Expo is a fail. Then you see expo mob has 1200 hp left.

With old SB this mob died. I live 3 rounds and old SB I would have done an extra 400-500 damage per round easily finishing off this mob.

With new SB Expo is not only a FAIL but a waste of Bp cause I got no bonus from it the whole fight.

for me new SB is a fail. And not only does it make me not use SB most of the time cause there is no guarentee that I'll get any effect but it makes me wanna change my race because this is a waste for me.

would be like saying the Cursed Ones Horror has a 25% chance of working. Would make you think twice about using it and wasting the BP. When you use ur Arcana you should get a guarenteed effect. SB only does something if you get hit but dont' die. maybe SB should do a max of 300 damage per round and then add up to 10% damage to your attacks. This way no matter what you get something out of using the arcana.

IGN -- Deathavan
Prices Always Negotiatable PM me in game
04-06-2013 19:34 Deathavan is offline Search for Posts by Deathavan Add Deathavan to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

alternatively, you could quit crying.
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=20dd066424

new searing is amazing, so much so i'm waiting for the imminent nerf it's going to recieve. New searing means people actually have to be remotely competent and actually work on their gear.
did i die? nope, does death make any difference between now and before? urm nope.
yes you need to be at half health to receive full damage buff, but it's stacking up from the second you take damage.
a partially competent player favours rebalanced searing, because it's no longer crap.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Indica: 04-06-2013 19:53.

04-06-2013 19:50 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Grevenet

That's what I intended to prove but my friend erased the fight reports . I'll ask her if she has any remaining .

Old searing was easy to use . New searing has much more potential but is also more difficult to set . Not for dummies but at least they're honest with . So NOTHING to complain . Watching the hp/defence/toughness/avoidance/parries is compulsory . Dealing 1500-2000 per hit to Chronos won't be a joke . Wondering if any of the BKs/Treasure Hunters/Two-handed Berserkers/Snipers/two-handed gunner assassins are already doing it .

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 04-06-2013 23:01.

04-06-2013 22:56 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
NeSTeA

Registration Date: 08-15-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: SS

Indica

You are saying about UW. We are saying about Necro. It is a big difference right? When you are hitting mob on UW with toys dealing 300-400 dmg per round, we are dealing 150-200. Do some math and calculate 25% from first and second dmg. Now you have proof that UW and Necro are different servers.

On UW maybe new SB is cool. But on Necro isn't. And 90% players will say that. Only those who has mega hiper items and abso lvl 4 + high lvl can use new SB well but still not everytime. And I gave example in previous post also Death gave one.

And one more thing. Little players are playing too on this server. And for them 300 steady dmg from old SB was better than 15 dmg more per hit (if they will survive on BF and get 25%).

P.S.
We are not crying Wink Just sharing our observations Roll Eyes

looking for: http://forum.bloodwars.net/thread.php?postid=203362

ID: 25203

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NeSTeA: 04-06-2013 23:21.

04-06-2013 23:17 NeSTeA is offline Search for Posts by NeSTeA Add NeSTeA to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

the point is though that the 300 grantee damage is easy and you don't have to work for it

this new searing blood is hard but for high leveled players they can get more out of it if they earn it by having good equpimnet
04-07-2013 00:17 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
INFERNO

images/avatars/avatar-1107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-06-2013
Clan: A.S

I don't know very much about Cultist's acrana, but I'm sure the Game Technicians wouldn't have changed it for the worst, if anything, they will have changed to improve it Smile
That's my opinion anyway Smile

So good luck to all Cultist players, and the rest of you, have fun with the game Smile
04-07-2013 00:35 INFERNO is offline Homepage of INFERNO Search for Posts by INFERNO Add INFERNO to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Even in Necro the positives are the same . The endgame should be the standard to judge new searing blood, not the lower ones as the average level is raising . But as the two POV are totally opposites that will only end in a troll . As long it is the same idea, where is the issue of basic damage, frankly ?

You're sharing your POV but you're most complaining . So don't play with words as the way you write is undermining your message . Would be the change critical it would be understandable, but now it's too easy to whine first and complain after, rather than to do everthing to test before giving up and saying " I tried but it should be tuned " .

The only worry is in the possible imbalance of the classes now . Cultists can now do everything, and it's very scary .

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 04-07-2013 09:39.

04-07-2013 09:25 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

I'd have to agree with Grevenet,

The only people that are against this change are the people who 'die before they get to see it'.

Then either work on not dying, or do a different expo if 'everytime is a fail'.

The old SB was used by low-mid level cultists, and became useless in higher levels except to gunners. The new SB is just as good for Gunners as it is for melee, and it also means that instead of people tanking with SB, and others packing larger expos with said tanks. Now people can't rely on that, meaning Cultists need to actually work on their gear.

If you don't like the new SB, then either don't use it or change to Cursed One, because the majority of Cultists have no problem with it.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
04-07-2013 16:28 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Allbeone

Registration Date: 12-22-2011
Clan: v13

Guys, no point discussing it here, it's always the same trolls writing unusefull comments. If they think you are whining, then i think they are barking.
On the subject. I think this change was made for top 100 lvl + players, cause they complained about sb being completelly useless after the adding of act 3 and all the boosts in gear and evos. As i understand, the majority of melee players didnt even use SB in expos, pointing out the uselessness of it, in comparison to other arcana. They got what they wanted. Cultist has become the best melee with a huge future potential, and yes i think sometime in the future sb will suffer even more changes.

It's quite easy to calculate the dmg boost you get from SB.
if say i use leg guns, never crit and do 300 dmg per attack, then i get [ 300-30%=210; 210+(30%+25%)=325,5 that calc is based on sb kicking in on max lvl right from the start
i have 18 attacks, that means without sb 300*18 = 5400 dpr, with sb on max 325.5 * 18 = 5859. we get a boost of 459dpr from only 210 blood points, and that is pretty cool.
If you do say 1500 dmg per swing and have 8 attacks per round, then the boost from SB will be 3000dpr!!!! that is really huge, and all that luxury only for 210bp, meaning that u start working on ursine set of blood, and invest all the rest bp in str buff!!! i say its imba!

The biggest problem is that if you have no use of ursine set you dont know where to put your bp anymore. Well as the devs told us we can skip the cavity evo... or we can start using regen in expos and start thinking about stacking hp and being a tank.
I think that cultists, apart from melee, should make good demonlords and collectors equiped with a heavy ranged weapon, using either BoL or cat's paws and benefiting from increased hp.

What i can suggest.
Dont start as cultist, unless you are a crazy pro player, who has just deleted his 99lvl beastmaster gunman after the patch and wants to conquer the bw world and be henceforth known as the best 2h king. Unless you have a good plan, go with absorber or thoughtcatcher. If you are a gunnman like me, well, i morphed into cursed one, always wanted to, horror is a must have in every expo if you are after "less ppl more exp".

What i like about my morph:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=418bebecea
no horror - 3 dead bodies.
i now have free max dodge, although it is quite random ))

Also

Allbeone strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Scorpio, XXX takes 306 damage.
XXX attacks with Good Murderous Thunderfist of Hitting (+5), Allbeone takes 178 damage.
Allbeone uses arcanum Breath of Death (all weapons damage +55, AGILITY -33, dodge +33 %).
Allbeone strikes critically with Legendary Perfect Scorpio, XXX takes 423 damage.

In a mulch of darkness are bedded the roots of endless sorrows — and of endless joys. Canst thou fix thine eye on the morning? Be glad. And if in the ultimate it blind thee, be glad also! Thou hast lived.
04-13-2013 21:51 Allbeone is offline Search for Posts by Allbeone Add Allbeone to your Buddy List
Grevenet

To simply say LOL is enough to sum the narrow-mindedness and the egotisticness of Allbeone . And for people who say I'm trolling, I wonder if they read enough to think of the " not-even-hidden " quote inside this small post .

So no spam, or not higher than the existing one . It can be an endless loop, or be more reasonable and we will all two cool down . Your choice .

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Grevenet: 04-14-2013 07:49.

04-14-2013 07:15 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
INFERNO

quote:
Originally posted by fool
the point is though that the 300 grantee damage is easy and you don't have to work for it

Work for it then. That's like saying before the change the work was done for you, and that you could sit back and relax to watch other players work hard with another Race to build their damage and you get all the 'Glory' just from getting a garenteed 300 damage that easily.
04-15-2013 01:56 INFERNO is offline Homepage of INFERNO Search for Posts by INFERNO Add INFERNO to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by INFERNO
quote:

Work for it then. That's like saying before the change the work was done for you, and that you could sit back and relax to watch other players work hard with another Race to build their damage and you get all the 'Glory' just from getting a garenteed 300 damage that easily.

thats exactly it INFERNO

the dmg was guranteed..they didnt have to work

a lvl 50 cultist could join a chronus expo and dmg it with searing where a lvl 90 could join and not even hit it

the way searing blood is now is the way it should have been from the start...
cultist that are complaining are the ones who used it most because there items were/are crap and they used SB to deal most of there dmg

now they have to work for it and there all getting pissed

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
04-15-2013 08:29 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
PhuctiphinO

images/avatars/avatar-334.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2008
Clan: The Source

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:
quote:

thats exactly it INFERNO

a lvl 50 cultist could join a chronus expo and dmg it with searing where a lvl 90 could join and not even hit it

cultist that are complaining are the ones who used it most because there items were/are crap and they used SB to deal most of there dmg

Well said that man ... +1
04-15-2013 13:14 PhuctiphinO is offline Search for Posts by PhuctiphinO Add PhuctiphinO to your Buddy List
INFERNO

quote:
Originally posted by Ba_al
quote:
quote:

thats exactly it INFERNO

Maybe now we will all work for our damage, instead of having it given to us on a plate Smile

There isn't really much I can say as I'm still learning, but the Searing Blood change has been made now, so the only thing I can say is that we must now focus on using new tactics to use the new Searing Blood to our advantages instead of going into a mood about it and wasting time asking for it back Smile
04-15-2013 17:52 INFERNO is offline Homepage of INFERNO Search for Posts by INFERNO Add INFERNO to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

why was i quoted as i was against the change i am for the change and if you look at my race i am a beastmaster
04-16-2013 15:24 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Patch March 2013

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH