Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Merge Neco auctions between servers? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Merge Neco auctions between servers?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wat

Registration Date: 03-21-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: WJS

Merge Neco auctions between servers? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I understand it would be impossible to actually merge servers or to have them interact in any significant way. But the problem we have on our server are that item prices are going lower and lower because of lack of demand, and I also think as more players leave we will see less and less interesting items available for sale, my opinion anyway. So the only items that are keeping value in my experience are really rare items and the rest of the market seems unstable.

Has anyone ever considered opening item sales to cross into one huge market between servers?

There would be no language issue as each auction would list the items in a particular language, and the only way players "talk" is with their bidding. There is also no difference in items between servers and I believe this might make prices much more stable on each server.

Just my opinion for the long-term stability of the game.

Please insult my intelligence now

05-23-2013 22:54 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bad idea.

A new server starts.
Someone drops a Perfect AK-47.
Can't sell on the server for much because it's too early for anyone to have that kind of money.
You auction it between servers and get huge amount of PoP, impossible to gain through regular means.

Not to mention that it opens a huge back door for pushing.
Let's say you start a new account, drop a small, crappy, insignificant item.
You auction it.
You buy it with an account on another server for a small, crappy and insignificant price.
Even though it's not pushing you do get a constant income of PoP since you have no problem with finding a buyer for the crappiest of crappy items.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-24-2013 05:44 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
wat

Registration Date: 03-21-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: WJS

Thread Starter Thread Started by wat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I hadn't thought about the possibility of buying your own items, hah.

05-24-2013 18:05 wat is offline Search for Posts by wat Add wat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Merge Neco auctions between servers?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH