Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Clock is winding down to game over » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Clock is winding down to game over
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: The Coven

Clock is winding down to game over Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sad to say my time on BW is coming to an end. The only thing keeping me going right now is my clan. I'm going to try and hang in until my premium runs out at the begining of January but really don't think I'll make it til then.

I really feel like the developers have ruined what was once a great game. The expo situation is the nail in the coffin. I shouldn't have to go through 3k poh ( and counting) before I win an expo. Hydra, red dragon and phoenix were once reasonably challenging. I am screwed no matter what I do now. From special attacks that always hit, higher than max optimal level generates stronger bosses, red dragon agi is always above 200 and always above 100 perception for me. I can't even touch a hydra anymore. I've tried the expos from all different angles. It's pointless, I've been pissing away PoH and I'm useless to my clan.

I really resent that just when the game was getting fun for me again they introduced patches that put me right back at square 1. I also resent the lack of intelligent responses from the devs and their obvious attitude of not caring at all about player satisfaction this server.

To me they are saying F*ck You to everyone here, and to that I say F*ck You right back, I'm taking my money elsewhere.

There are so many people I am going to miss...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 11-18-2008 01:38.

11-18-2008 01:14 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I really resent that just when the game was getting fun for me again

it's the key word really FUN.

it is simply a game, and yes the patcheds are nice, some of them, but this one about being over the requirements is ridiculous... ecspecially since you are ACT II also... I think they shoul remove, or at least lessen the effect of those patches. The reason i stay is becasue finally I can ambush people, adn finally I can expo, but I doubt I will ahev my BD badge EVER!

Raised quite a few valid points here Hespera. If they fixed it you would stay yes?

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 11-18-2008 01:30.

11-18-2008 01:29 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Hespera
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

They won't fix it, they don't care.

11-18-2008 01:40 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

True... but I'm throwing the wild card in :S

IF they fix it you'll stay?

Your imperfection.
11-18-2008 01:43 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Befaore I say anything more I have to ask whether you have a legendary 2h weapon. If not then perhaps you should try it before you say that you can't hit an expo monster.

11-18-2008 01:44 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I think Diablo she's referring more to the fact that she can't help weaker clan members get their badges. She was going to help me get my black dragon badge at one point, then the patches came out...

Also it'd need to be a damn good one Big Grin

Your imperfection.
11-18-2008 01:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

Diablo: Haven't tried one. first I need to find one that isn't just legendary crap but thanks for the suggestion. I'll look for a suitable one, but I won't look forever.

Raxis: If they fixed it I would stay...probably.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hespera: 11-18-2008 02:10.

11-18-2008 02:02 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Also it'd need to be a damn good one Big Grin

Not necessarily, I'm using a Legendary Scythe of Betrayal, the most common suffix in two-handed mele weapons, and it's a great weapon for expos.

And yeah, the last patch is really crappy. The only thing you get right now is clan messages saying "DE expo started, players not from act 2 with level lower than 58 please apply"...

I didn't get a red dragon badge by now and I doubt I will get one in the near future... I'll need to wait ubtil I get much better equipment...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-18-2008 02:03 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Raxis
Set Abominae

EXPERIENCE: 99 999 / 106 719

takes the micky...

On another note:

Your scythe must ahve massive damage...

A nice one would actually be a light legendary weapon (massive requirements reductions and big agility)

Your luck would get you a legedary xx of vengeance :S Simply to spite you.

Yeh Evan I joined Cthulhu's clan fo a bit, and am now realising there is no way I can pull an expo and survive... I will not advance to ACT II until I have my Black drake badge

Your imperfection.
11-18-2008 02:06 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

a Legendary XXX of Vengeance is useless for me or Hespera because we are Black Knights, we need the defence from items for the tattoos to work.

and the Betrayal suffix only increases the minimal damage. The maximum damage is the same as in a normal scythe...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-18-2008 02:11 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Your luck would get you a legedary xx of vengeance :S Simply to spite you.

Hence why I stated this lol. Though it'd still be better than nothing :S

Yeh the minimal damage I never liked on the scythe, betrayal is probably quite a useful suffix for it then... since scythes have superior maximum damage
---

Bakc on topic.

Hespera you should keep close eyes on the autions ofr legendary stuff

Your imperfection.
11-18-2008 02:17 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

dont go hespera, you are one hell of a character

11-18-2008 06:28 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Hespera, I have to say I feel your pain. The only reason I haven't jumped ship yet is because of my clan. I agree with everything you said in your first post, heck it was like you read my mind.

But I'm a sucker for my guys and will probably stick around even if all I can do is quest and attack. This expo patch ruined the game for me.

I am hunting for a legendary weapon as well, maybe that will solve the expo problem. The fact that I can sometimes snag a fourth hit in expos helps loads too so maybe once I get lucky or get stones, I can be useful to to my clan in expos again.

Best legendary weapon any BK could find: Legendary Murderous XX. Chances of finding it: 0.01%. Best merged weapon a BK can find (which will probably take years to do): Legendary murderous XX of bloodsucker. Chances of anyone finding/merging it on this server within the next 6 months: 0.001%.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

11-18-2008 15:54 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007

hold that thought hesp and lys, dont go anywhere just yet, there has to be something we can come up with between us to put the fun back. ideas please guys, we cant lose another 2 great players

11-18-2008 16:39 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

Basically what they say its true :/ i think ACT 2 is actually a way to say you´re a new player but on a new level, basically start from 0 again <.< just my point of view, but you should look at ACT 2 as resetting your character on a new level as it says its the start of ACT 2 if you try to see the point of view not so much as helping the clan "right" now but to help them when they enter ACT 2 and try to improve even more then maybe youll get a bit of challenge and the game would be fun again :p right now im having problems with ACT I merges so you two should probably look forward as Evangelion said to ACT 2 Merges to start killing the monsters =D think it as a whole new level not as blah i suck and i cant help my friends... (You might not be able to help them but only for now since they will someday reach ACT 2 too dont they Tongue !)
11-18-2008 16:45 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

if you go hespera, who will replace you on late night irc? and lys, who will become the new writing talent?

11-18-2008 16:45 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Well said Hespera and Lysandra. I must admit I have the same feelings and I am really considering to finish with this game after new year is here. I am really getting tired of this game, still the same.. nothing new introduced just crap patches hindering our growth.. I don't know.. really seems they don't care about us..

If I am not the clan leader I would have left prolly much more earlier..

There are other games where I can put my money with much better customer treatment. Actually I have already started something different as I am quite bored by web based games, so I have chosen something with better interaction where you can play as long as you want.. no limits on expos or attacks.. well there is nothing like that anyway..

I am really not planning to play this game for several years.. that would be waste of time.. I had my fun in this game but I think it's getting over.. in 4 months I will be playing it for 2 years and that's a long time for one game and my enthusiasm is running out..

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 11-18-2008 21:10.

11-18-2008 21:10 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

i would say dont go but i feel the exact same. I havnt been playing much recently because the game takes the piss now. The expos are a joke. I cant do birds anymore as im above optimal lvl but i cant do reds either as they seem to be stupidly strong when i get them. I have lost all enthusiasm for bw and will prob quit soon aswell
11-18-2008 21:18 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

I agree that the mods have runied the game by applying the 'if you are above optimal level you highen stats of monster'
it basically gives the lower leveled people a harder life in getting their medals and advancing. And also players like me n minshres like to give the lower monsters a solo go haha which totally screws us over.

But if use keep in or above the optimal level it doesn't make a difference, me i tend to stick above the optimal level, but that was coz no stupid patches was introduced and i was able to always keep above it. i have gotten slightly bored of the game, i am jus medal hunting right now lol. that might prove boring soon and then i will quit.

Looking at lysandra tho, i know u soo well, and i know u love your clan, but i have seen some of your pheonix expos and you are the only one doing really high damage, you can't exactly expect to be able to solo it for your clan, thats too easy, if i was able to do that on a daily basis i would have quit long time ago. i like the challenge if it is possible, but is possible jus is more harder.

you guys should stick in there and fight it out, legendary items can prove a big help, put the effort in and get em. i seen atleast 30 legendary 2 handed melee weapons all of which are descent. grab one and give it a go Tongue

BUT my main concern has always been pheonixes, even before patches were introduced i found them hard, it took me ages to get the perception to hit it.
now if you look at a lower leveled gunner, he has no chance now.
making the pheonix have soo many special attacks which do not miss, having the monster stronger if you are in act2 and higher than optimal level will make the monster almost undefeatable.

As for the red dragon, i think it kinda needed a little boost in HP and strength, less agility and less special attacks which do 1k +, i was not long ago in a expo on red where it did 1k special attack in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round killing us all off, thats a joke right?

come on devs sort it out, your gonna lose ya customers.
11-18-2008 23:11 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

yea it is a joke Frown and another thing that is annoying about bw nnow is how stale it has become. No1 seems to want to break out of the monotonous cycle that is arranged poh seiges etc... Noone can seige for squares anymore because every clan has a million allies. There is no excitement anymore, the patch is just the final blow for some ppl
11-18-2008 23:55 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@tiger- we don't actually attempt that any more, we can't. Even high levels going in, people with 130+ agility and high perc can't take down a bird anymore. It's getting really sad and pathedic.

@ popeye and faceeater-I'm not actually planning to go anywhere anytime soon, if my clan goes ka-boom then yes I will go with it, but if it manages to stay strong then I'll stick around. And just because I leave the game popeye it won't mean I'll stp writing that story. My biggest pet peeve is seeing a story unfinished on the web.

@ titan, tell me about, once you're in a square the only way to move up now (especially for lower levels) is to go build a new one. I have nothing against that mind you but with the blood being at an all time low (for most people...darn you loogie) it's really hard to get certain buildings especailly if you don't have the buildings to give you HP bonuses.
That's why I tried the PoH wars idea (as did faceeater) but it seems everyone's a bit too...attached to their PoH. Sure I was annoyed that I lost 730 PoH in that one fight but big deal. This arrangement thing is getting way out of hand and makes the game really annoyingly boring. And yes, I understand peace is better then war sometimes but putting such huge limits on who can attack and who can and can't join a siege is ridiculous.

I understand that act 2 is supposed to be like re-starting from ground one but there's a ton of flaws in the entire BW system, some of the new patches being a big part of it. Like for one, beastmasters HAVE to be melee players. There's a beastmaster gunner in my clan right now and he can't use the extra strike because he's a gunner, he has to try and complete all the quests and become cursed. I don't think that's very fair since most people here picked there race based on the pictures, some lucked out a lot didn't. And what about all the BK's who aren't beastmasters? Marmaladegirl and knightroad come to mind. If the three of us manage to make it to around 405 points, I'll have a HUGE advantage over them just because I randomly chose this race.
On that same note beastmasters can't even USE their new arcana until they get 403 (or 405) points when others can use them right off the bat as soon as they complete pilgramages and get to level 50. Which is a lot easier then gaining 200+ points. I understand melee is over-powered anyway and a 4th hit for a BK would slaughter some people but we can easily be balanced out by ranged players (I just got my butt handed to me on a plate by Natedogg in two rounds, thanks).

I think the dev team should really take a good look at the issue pertaining to THIS board and try to solve them before they're forced to close down the entire realm because everyone leaves.

And yes, I am thinking exactly along the lines of Hespera but I'm going to hold strong until my clan somehow disappears or the devs are forced to close down the UK realm because of inactivity and customers leaving. I didn't mean that I would leave in my other post, just meant that if it wasn't for the clan I would. I can't see myself leaving them behind like that anytime soon. Besides, I still have a ton of unfinshed goals I want to accomplish (that seem more unattainable everyday) and I'm a stickler for finishing what I started.

EDIT: Count of over 200 point players who have said they may leave come the new year in this thread alone: three. And it hasn't hit the second page yet.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 11-19-2008 00:47.

11-19-2008 00:45 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

There was a time when all the 3 players used to have the balls to face their problems and fight them. And win.

11-19-2008 01:12 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

RE: Clock is winding down to game over Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think i'm starting to go that same way as a lot of the other top players. between fucking up the leg ranged to the new mob patches and the general lack of contact or interist to VALID points from the people who pay to play from the devs i must say what the hell r we complaining about Roll Eyes . we should just all leave and let them scratch there heads as thats all they seem to do any ways Mad

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by icecold: 11-19-2008 02:11.

11-19-2008 02:05 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

I expected that moving to act 2 would make the game harder. I'm not opposed to challenging expos and quests. I didn't anticipate that ALL expos would become a lost cause though. If I have a hard time doing an expo that is made for melee fighters and I'm already above the max optimal level then that is a serious problem! I should not need a legendary weapon for something that I'm already considered too strong for!
I'm being penalized by being forced to fight lower bosses that will give me little xp.
It's the combination of the act 2 patch with this other crap expo one.

11-19-2008 02:18 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera
I expected that moving to act 2 would make the game harder. I'm not opposed to challenging expos and quests. I didn't anticipate that ALL expos would become a lost cause though. If I have a hard time doing an expo that is made for melee fighters and I'm already above the max optimal level then that is a serious problem! I should not need a legendary weapon for something that I'm already considered too strong for!
I'm being penalized by being forced to fight lower bosses that will give me little xp.
It's the combination of the act 2 patch with this other crap expo one.

If you're a higher level then the expo, it should be easy.

If it isn't, the goalposts are in the wrong place and need moving.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
11-19-2008 03:05 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

It is no secret that BW is a longterm timesink type of game. Everyone who plays this longer than a week should realise it if not sooner. Smile
While I can share your resentiments towards certain aspects of the game it is also a question what you seek within the game.

The path the devs are taking with this game is pretty clear especially with the last big patch which introduced act 2. They pretty obviously want to bind people into playing this game longtime to achieve their individual goals. Just need to see the drop rate of legendary stuff and combine that with the needs of merges etc.
The expo patch basically aims for the same goal too. They make helping smaller players more difficult so that those have to invest more time to get their badges instead of the "easy" way around it.

If you cannot accept this fact and look for something faster paced and with faster achievements/more action, then I think it is a wise decision to leave this game behind as it won't ever be able to provide you with it.

If you are looking for a game where you can log in once a day for an hr or such without hassle of needing to be online at a certain time and similiar, BW should be an okay game for that.
I think that is also the reason why this all-out-war idea will never ignite huge enthusiasm. There are alot more people who play this game in a laid back style than there are those who want to keep a steady action going.

Just my 2 cp. Smile

Shasu-pyon
11-19-2008 10:17 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

For me its has nothing to do with the paceof gametype. Its the constant indifference from the devs and the increasing repetitive nature in which every1 does the same things day in day out. While i acknowledge that some players are to comfortable in this cycle, otthers want a bit more excitement, doesnt have to be a war...just something different, even just a few more open seiges, as opposed to pre-arranged point specific seiges
11-19-2008 12:55 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

@Shashu, I'm totally fine with it being a long term game. I know that it's going to take me months to get what I want. But it's kind of sad that even someone who's been here almost two years is getting pretty peeved off about it. I mean I'm sure he knows its long term as well but sometimes the patches set up are for TOO long in the future. And I'm not talking full-scale war, I'm talking maybe clans can stop capping points (to such a huge extreme) or bringing in mercs for PoH sieges (or allowing mercs to join poh sieges) so this game can be interesting again.
We need more freedom with PoH sieges, I'm not talking a clan like DARK going against some little clan and just beating them down, I'm talking two equal clans going into a siege and balancing as people join on either end by their members watching it and not calling in a merc for simple PoH.

I'm saying that a lot of the new patch stuff for the pheonix especially is making it harder for people under level 58 to do. When I finally managed to get between the optimal level of it, I was just starting to be able to do a lot of damage and near the end start soloing it. Other aren't so lucky. I know a lot of people in my clan and other clans that can't touch the thing anymore because of the patch.

I agree with Hespera, I shouldn't need to HAVE to move to act two to try to get a 4th hit and a legendary weapon to beat the birds just because I'm one level over optimal. Besides, I can't even get a forth hit till I reach level 64/5...how far is that considering any other race can use arcana right away?

And theheraldofogc (woot i think i got it...lol)- the goal posts aren't too bad, I don't mind challenges (it's why i went BK instead of zerker afterall) but some are set too high for the new players coming in.

And as Titan said, the devs are ignoring everything we've ever said to them, so what we get a clock and a few extra drop downs. They aren't solving the bigger issues and those bigger issues are what is causing so many people to jump ship. The fact that the devs don't listen are making people like Titan, Hespera, Mortis and eventually (when my clan goes under) like myself to leave.
The devs will have no one but themselves to blame if and when this server goes under and they lose whatever investments they made.

quote:

11-19-2008 17:26 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Clock is winding down to game over

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH