Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server sized expedition » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Server sized expedition 9 Votes - Average Rating: 10.009 Votes - Average Rating: 10.009 Votes - Average Rating: 10.009 Votes - Average Rating: 10.009 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeikun

Registration Date: 04-05-2009

Server sized expedition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So I've had a thought in my head and it's itchin' to get out

Server sized expeditions,
So for the whole month everyone on the server joins this expedition.
And then at the end of the month as a whole server we fight it,

The monsters (maybe different characteristics each month? I know I'd like something like the Rem and Rom style) aren't to be hard to hit so even low levels can do damage and it's fun,
But they have insane health and damage so it really would take everyone to fight

I had two ideas for rewards:
XP based on damage done / damage received / level
or the other I found more fun was that maybe these creatures guarded great vaults and if they were beaten released random items onto the auction - (I know random items has been asked for before but this way we've worked for it!)

- I'm not saying super epic awesome items added, make it really random, so maybe if we win 30 items (random number)will be periodically added to the auctions or something (1 a day for the month or something)

And this would then help with the stone problem as well as adding an extra spice to the game in my opinion.

Now throw your criticism at me !!!!! Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by jeikun: 07-23-2013 16:47.

07-23-2013 16:35 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
Fischkopf

Registration Date: 06-08-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quality idea, very good! although i did only read the first line or two
07-23-2013 16:39 Fischkopf is offline Search for Posts by Fischkopf Add Fischkopf to your Buddy List
Pissedoffhyperion
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 11-03-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

has alottttttttt of problems ;p

but if it can be worked out then what a great idea ;P

wouldnt be fun for the lower levels would it? insane dammage would mean it would go for the little ones first ;P killing them instantly Big Grin
07-23-2013 16:39 Pissedoffhyperion is offline Search for Posts by Pissedoffhyperion Add Pissedoffhyperion to your Buddy List
jeikun

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeikun

I was thinking slightly more fun for them than seeing dodges over and over again,

If it has problems you should post them instead of just saying they are here, that's what this kind of thing is about, bring a problem to my metaphorical table and someone maybe able to bring an answer to this.
07-23-2013 16:41 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
Deathavan

images/avatars/avatar-647.jpg

Registration Date: 10-16-2009
Race in game: Cultist

Lets refine it a little and make the boss random as well. This way it has potential to be a easy kill(thus lower lvls would be good) or super hard where only the best players would have a chance.

Also as for rewards why not give all participants a Enormous Chest or something bigger, like we build quests for. This way if someone say lvl 40 was involved in killing the mob they have a chance to find something good without having to be lvl 90. This might add more fun/game play to lower lvls and help keep newbies in the game.

Also make it give pop on the same scale as expos. So if a low lvl guy is involved in the mob he won't get much pop. Sames as if the lvl 90 kills a small boss. This way there will be added bonus for those who end up being the proper lvl to kill the boss.

Maybe rewards can be tweeked a little but I'm a fan of this idea. I don't see many issues with it except the idea of putting stuff on auction. I think even should get an immediate reward.

IGN -- Deathavan
Prices Always Negotiatable PM me in game
07-23-2013 17:14 Deathavan is offline Search for Posts by Deathavan Add Deathavan to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010
Race in game: Absorber

sound good XD i like it

07-23-2013 21:41 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
jeikun

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeikun
RE: Server sized expedition Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The reason I said added to auction instead of an actual straight up gain is because already there is too much stones in circulation but not enough items,

Throwing more items into peoples hands for free just means more people have lots of stones still keeping the same problem with the game getting new members, the start is just too steep,

If more stones are taken out of circulation (as suggested before so this bit is not mine and will not take any kind of credit for) gives lower people a chance.

Also personally think compared to how the game started we are given too much any way with how it's all going,

The reason i didn't suggest it gives people items but instead adds them to an auction is because otherwise it would just be a once a month souvenir shop, which is not what the game needs =/
07-23-2013 23:07 jeikun is offline Search for Posts by jeikun Add jeikun to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I can see a couple of problems.

First, reading the report would take a couple of weeks due to the amount of people participating and unless they kill the monster in the first round, you might never be able to read them all.

Secondly, it would cause enormous lags. Imagine, everyone's waiting with anticipation for the end of the expo, open the report within 5-10 seconds from the end and the server must make all the calculations, send the report and let everyone open the report at the same time, all within 5 seconds.

And last thing, experience based on damage or level? With that amount of participants would make damage based rewards too overpowered for the top players while level based would mean both nothing for the top and nothing for the bottom of the rankings list.

This idea really needs a lot of tweaking before it's even possible to maybe think about starting to debate the possibility of implementing some of it.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

07-26-2013 06:42 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Toyama

Registration Date: 08-21-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Despite all possible problems, I like it a lot. Also for Necro Smile

07-29-2013 21:30 Toyama is offline Search for Posts by Toyama Add Toyama to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Server sized expedition

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH