Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Pushing Auctions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pushing Auctions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Pushing Auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nndungu sold 1 light cape of fencer, I bought it and its duplicate:

Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 4 4 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-10
10:23:31
Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 6 6 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-10
08:59:31

Normal price as it is an item that duplicates. I sold them back so Nndungu could buy them. Someone started bidding as crazy for the one finishing first, Nndungu let the player buy it, maybe it was just someone that really needed that cape:

Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 30 103 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-13
07:39:53

And nndungu bought the other 3:

Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 2 2 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-13
10:51:31
Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 10 10 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-13
09:53:53
Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 2 2 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-13
09:40:31

He put them back on auction, and someone pushed the price. No bid wars, just pushed it:

Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 1 100 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-14
12:03:31
09:59:21
09:30:13
09:28:31
Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 3 100 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-14
08:54:13
Light Cape of the Fencer (+3) 4 105 / x / x / x / x 2013-08-14
07:29:21

I bought the 1st one and let the other ones. The one I bought is to keep duplicating, I let the other pass as it is a clear push and I do not want to get banned with the player pushing prices that you are going to ban.

08-14-2013 20:37 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As far as I can see from the cape has been sold for anything between 2 and 100 BS. If I am to ban the person who bought them for 100 bs today I should also ban the person who bought it for 90 bs last week and for 20 bs the week before that.

I don't believe it is a case of pushing, someone just wants to cut into your duplicating business.

08-15-2013 22:06 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Scourge
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-01-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
As far as I can see from the cape has been sold for anything between 2 and 100 BS. If I am to ban the person who bought them for 100 bs today I should also ban the person who bought it for 90 bs last week and for 20 bs the week before that.

I don't believe it is a case of pushing, someone just wants to cut into your duplicating business.

Sorry for posting, I will gladly take the warning but I feel this is a topic that needs to be discussed further than just the report LB posted.

What you are saying is you now consider "auction wars" to be a part of game mechanics and that they are acceptable ?

Meaning that you ban people for push, and push here is defined as intentionally transferring stones to someone in a great excess and much above the price of the item.
But you will not ban people for intentionally messing with people's auctions because it is part of the game and if you can force others into spending more stones, it's a game mechanic which is acceptable. And disrupting duplicating operations by intentionally pushing the prices up is also an "auction war" mechanic which is a pvp extension of the game intended by its mechanics ?

This needs a serious answer because what you can say to this might modify the core concept of how people will play the game with auctions.
It could lead to people spending stones in auctions to simply make their ennemies spend even more and loose advantage in well of souls etc.
08-16-2013 06:58 Scourge is offline Search for Posts by Scourge Add Scourge to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Indeed it is a topic for a longer discussion.

Basically all pushes have to be decided on a per auction or per item basis, there is no general rule what is pushing and what isn't pushing. What we do most often, as operators, is to look at past prices for which the item has been sold and then decide if the reported "spike" in price is just, well, a spike, or is someone trying to illegally transfer stones or PoPs to another account.

I do not believe that in this case there was any pushing involved, there were two individuals who were trading with each other and then someone else wants to cut in. The fact that the prices have gone up is natural in this case.

All in all, it's not that easy to distnguish pushing from non-pushing, especially on a small server such as this when the data with prices for Light Cape of the Fencer is only two weeks old (the last time this item was traded before that was in 200Cool .

Also, please refrain from discussing it further here Tongue

08-16-2013 10:32 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Complaints » Complaints - R1 Underworld » Pushing Auctions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH