Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Can anyone help me understand this please? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Can anyone help me understand this please?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BOS/V13

Can anyone help me understand this please? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi,

First of all I'm sorry if this in the wrong place and feel free to give me a warning if it is.

This has happened a few times now and I am a bit confused as to why. Unfortunately I haven't saved any messages apart from this one, if it continues to happen I will save more.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8228f310f4

I know it would have been a hard fight to win as he has high HP, but each time I attack him he manages to dodge a lot of my attacks (almost half) but has much lower perception and lower agility.

Could someone please explain to me what it is that allows him to do this?

If he had a lot of Luck equipment on would that make him dodge a lot? Maybe its a tatto - I feel it happens to frequently to be just 'luck', but thats just my humble opinion.

It is probably something really obvious that I am missing but it happens almost each time I attack him. Any light shed on this would be much appreciated
11-22-2008 21:25 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just to put it in a better context, ur a sniper so u don't need to worry about agility. 2ndly that is seriously bad. i have the same probs at the moment and even though i'm a ranged user and i have fights where both r mine r way over the others they still seem to doge alot of attacks that u'd think just shouldn't happen Mad

Censored by Evangelion.
+1 for offence

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
11-22-2008 21:32 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Chopski

Thread Starter Thread Started by Chopski
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, that makes it even harder to understand then lol, as my percep is quite a bit higher than his?!

So am I right in saying that, in theory, as I have much higher perception than an opponent, and I am using a rifle, I should have the advantage when I am hitting and thus (in theory of course) have a higher percentage of hits than what has happened in this fight (and many fights against this person)?

If that's the case there must be another factor that makes him able to dodge a high percentage of my hits? Could the luck stat do this?

I know stuff like this happens but the only reason I am posting it here is because it happens A LOT with this vamp, and would just like to know if there is a way of countering that mystery stat lol
11-22-2008 21:57 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Random Number Generator that cannot be influenced. You're just unlucky.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=bfda879285

He dodged only 3 of my attacks and he hit me once. Just because your perception is higher than his doesn't mean that he will never dodge your strikes. If it happens several times then you're just unlucky...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

11-22-2008 22:00 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

RE: Can anyone help me understand this please? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

go davor go davor go davor, your welcome home anytime

11-22-2008 22:07 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Chopski

Random number generator that cannot be influenced?

If this number generator cannot be influenced surely there would be no use whatsoever of having any stats at all??

Perception and agility etc must have some influence, no?

Sorry but just trying to understand things.
11-22-2008 22:08 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

I'll explain it to you on an example. Let's say the random number generator generates a number from 5 to 90, as the chance to hit. If the difference between your and his agility is 5 then it adds 5 to the generated number. This way if you have higher agility then you'll hit him more frequently but still it won't be 100% as it's limited.

11-22-2008 22:20 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Chopski

ok, thanks for that.

So even if this happens a lot, it is just unucky. Seems a bit odd seeing as the game is based around gaining stats to improve your character etc but then again I am no computer programmer Smile

thanks
11-22-2008 22:32 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

reading that it still doesn't sound right as he's agility is higher as well and as he's a sniper what the hell has agility got to do with it any ways. just my opinion and i'm in the same situation with some of my attacks

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
11-22-2008 22:34 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
faceeater
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-283.jpg

Registration Date: 11-17-2007
Race in game: Absorber

RE: Can anyone help me understand this please? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by faceeater
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator
random numbers generator

did i sound like Szeszej

11-22-2008 22:38 faceeater is offline Search for Posts by faceeater Add faceeater to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

I'm getting really tired of blabbering about ambushes and complaints about your luck...
It has nothing to do with the game system nor the dev team Mad Mad Mad

It's MATHEMATICS!!!! 90% chance means that if you consider an infinite amout of tries, exactly 9 out of 10 will be successful, but ONLY in that case. There is a possibility that 100 000 consecutive tries will fail. It's natural!!!! Evil Evil Evil Evil

If you still don't understand that then go ask a maths teacher... I'm not experienced enough to give you a better example. EOT. Frown Frown Frown

If I see another thread about such crap, I'll give a warning... Without ANY discussion!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Thread closed.

11-22-2008 23:53 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Can anyone help me understand this please?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH