Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » reporting auctions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page reporting auctions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS

reporting auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

was looking for something in the closed auctions and i saw one for 2bs............had been reported. i see ridiculously low bids being reported all the time. why do people do it? the only thing i could think of is jealousy. anybody else wnat to say anything?

*i apologise in advance if this is in the wrong section*

11-23-2008 07:28 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Report is for Push and Pull

Underprice items can be reported as well because they can be giving expensive items to another player.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
11-23-2008 11:15 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Thread Starter Thread Started by Pops
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but doesnt everyone have a chance to bid?

11-23-2008 11:38 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Yes they do but they may not check the auctions that day, internet might be down, they might fall asleep, might try to bid at last minute but fail or forget..

quote:

11-23-2008 12:42 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

But then its not the seller´s fault its the buyers fault for not getting it i dont see why does this counts as push, being lucky in getting a cheap item and get reported for it :/
11-23-2008 14:26 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Report the item to allow the devs to investigate it. It is POSSIBLE it is a push/pull but if the development team disagree...

quote:

11-23-2008 14:52 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

I used to think a reported item gets looked at by the devs, then they decide whether to go through with the auction or to cancel it!! But they dont have enough man power to stay on top of it all!!!

Personally i think the system needs a bit of revision, but not many people exploit this so id rather the tourney thing focused on.. but theres still a few who exploit it!! =[

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

11-23-2008 15:15 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Please report all who you believe to be exploiting, we have everything in the logs and are able to monitor every transaction.

11-24-2008 00:52 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

thank you for your response Szeszej. i wasnt talking about any particular transaction, but items that go for alot less than they are worth, based on previous sales getting reported. eg items that previously went for lifestone+ selling for a couple of bloodstones. cant understand why they get reported as that happens in real auctions. i just say good luck to the buyer

11-24-2008 06:14 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

Dont worry i think he just readed the tittle and answered, the debate is not about the system but about why is it considered Push to be lucky and get a cheap item if everyone had the oportunity of getting it by a few more stones, after all its an AUCTION system
11-24-2008 08:38 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Don't judge lest ye be judged and the answer to the other question seems obvious to me: how can I differentiate between someone getting lucky and someone pushing?

11-26-2008 11:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

If you can't then you can't punish anyone.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 11-26-2008 21:31.

11-26-2008 18:28 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Pops
moderator...apparently

i cant understand how it can be considered a push/pull when the item goes for alot less than its worth. everybody had equal chance to bid on said item and if only 1 person had stones/wanted the item, its going to go for a low price

11-26-2008 19:25 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I really suggest reading the rules that you've accepted when registering, it's all there. I punish on the basis of the tools which tell me all about the server but those tools don't tell me anything about player's intentions. If you find any such tool please tell me Wink

11-28-2008 00:21 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Then your methods are severely flawed, with all due respect to the BW team.

As Mortis rightly said, how can you punish people on sheer guesswork?

With market prices fluctuating constantly, there is no set value for any item on this or other servers. I can understand anyone would see it as a push/pull op if someone bought a cap of senses for 1SS. But do you have certain set points at which too much becomes a push? And if so, how can you apply that limit with value going up and down constantly?

I cant believe in my year playing here, it never dawned on me how flawed and vague the push/pull punishment rules are

11-28-2008 01:37 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Szeszej
Administrator

Do not make judgements on tools which you haven't seen and if you know any that can measure people's intentions please tell us, we'll be most obliged.

11-30-2008 04:11 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

obviously peoples intentions are unforseen, but personally if i really wanted an item for a merge or to complete a set id be willing to pay alot more, so id bid to that end, which might be seen as a push. ever thought of asking players before taking action?

11-30-2008 04:33 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Zatoichi

images/avatars/avatar-122.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2007
Clan: None.

Asking a player wouldn't help any,you'd still need to figure out if they are telling the truth or not,and you wont get that through text.

11-30-2008 08:01 Zatoichi is offline Search for Posts by Zatoichi Add Zatoichi to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » reporting auctions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH