Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition patch » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Expedition patch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

Expedition patch Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why we don't see any info about patch, which make mobs stronger?

11-26-2008 18:29 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What you mean? There was info about making them stronger when you are above optimal level.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
11-26-2008 18:32 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
CESARZ
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by CESARZ
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nope in monday was change bug and now all mobs in 2 act get extra stats

11-26-2008 18:40 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
ringham
Double Ace

Registration Date: 08-22-2008
Clan: LIG + SOT

hmmm iv ever heard anything extra other than what happened weeks ago...

plz do tell

Necropolis Character - Enderol, Clan Leader of the Sovereigns Of Time

11-26-2008 18:43 ringham is offline Search for Posts by ringham Add ringham to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for ringham
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
nope in monday was change bug and now all mobs in 2 act get extra stats

How do you know? There is no info at all.. no patch..

11-26-2008 18:50 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
CESARZ
Lord

from polish board

11-26-2008 19:06 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

That could explain the 400 damage per hit our golem did today, and its 11k HP Frown

11-26-2008 19:38 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

Probably we got no info about it to avoid any whining and complaining about yet another expedition patch that makes the mobs stronger? :p
11-26-2008 20:00 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ
from polish board

but there is no patch even on polish servers.. how do you know they were patching something.. they told about it on board and made it even without patch?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 11-26-2008 21:33.

11-26-2008 21:33 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
CESARZ
Lord

http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread...htuser=0&page=1

11-26-2008 22:00 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
diablo

I see that Polish players rant as much as we do Smile
What I understood was:
Why were we not told before or even after the modification?
This game was hard enough already.
Thanks, you just ruined my day and many more to come.
etc.

Looks like the TOP100 is used to count the difficulty of the mobs. Top10 was mentioned as well.
It seems that the 'patch' only affects Act2 players.

Thanks again for notifying us devs, no excuse now and dont even try to say you're sorry.
This 'patch' will ruin (has ruined) many players. Especially those without badges. Even more than before.

EDIT: If a golem will do 400 damage he will kill one person per round... The mobs were strong as hell, but not unbeatable, now they are killing machines.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 11-26-2008 22:48.

11-26-2008 22:45 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

SO does that mean the Devs don't listen to any server players.

What ywould you do if we all upped sticks and fucked off? You;d lose your money and funding... and we'd all probably make sure no one else was idiotic enough to join.

how often are you going to ruin this for us?

Your imperfection.
11-26-2008 23:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

maybe they've gotten so rich, that all these shit mods to the game r to get every 1 to quit and leave. as per usual they won't read or even have the decency to reply and if they do it will b some stupid excuse like the rest of there reply's..
had to do my 2p for the day

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
11-27-2008 00:05 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Raxis: they know that wont happy, thats why they aren't worried..

and Icecold: lmao nice theory Tongue

11-27-2008 00:44 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Won't Happy?

Icecold you are probably right...

Devs time to listne... before I come over to Poland andf start a tyrade like I do in the forums.... you won't like that!

Your imperfection.
11-27-2008 01:13 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

God I need to sleep.. Wont happen lol

11-27-2008 01:14 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

I know... you're worried about getting your badges too... it;'s keeping me awake

Your imperfection.
11-27-2008 01:16 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

badges.. Ive got 2 points mate, started again lol

I just dont generally sleep very much

11-27-2008 01:17 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

I was being funny.

Who's your new guy then?

On topic:

Devs why is it you make a ame, then don't listne to the players. This patch is crap, absolutely pointless except to cripple the already broken spirit of many players

Your imperfection.
11-27-2008 01:24 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

As was I Tongue

Character name is Artoir_v2

Ontopic: thank god I wont have to worry about any of this for a while Smile

11-27-2008 01:38 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

Have you deleted Artoir then?

Ontopic: I'm going to screech if this expo goes pear shaped cos of your ruddy patch!

I think the players whove been here ages are gettign sick

Your imperfection.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raxis: 11-27-2008 01:52.

11-27-2008 01:51 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
I see that Polish players rant as much as we do Smile
What I understood was:
Why were we not told before or even after the modification?
This game was hard enough already.
Thanks, you just ruined my day and many more to come.
etc.

Looks like the TOP100 is used to count the difficulty of the mobs. Top10 was mentioned as well.
It seems that the 'patch' only affects Act2 players.

Thanks again for notifying us devs, no excuse now and dont even try to say you're sorry.
This 'patch' will ruin (has ruined) many players. Especially those without badges. Even more than before.

EDIT: If a golem will do 400 damage he will kill one person per round... The mobs were strong as hell, but not unbeatable, now they are killing machines.

makes a mental note to get all badges when not in top 100 or act2....

sounds liek the best way to do any thing to me Big Grin

that way they stay nice and beatable Big Grin

so i willl just level up to 101 (year that will be the day)

and stay in the first act and im fine XD and so meny others will join me in my not growing levels fast Big Grin

11-27-2008 03:05 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
bulldozerlf

Registration Date: 02-18-2008

if it only effects the top 100 then why are my blackies getting stupidly strong aswell, i'm not in act 2 and yet they still got stronger when this patch was applied, and now i can't even kill them let alone get my badge out of it, + now i can't hit anything above a blackie because they all got perc increases. what's the point in this patch other than to strangle the number of passed expos?
11-27-2008 07:56 bulldozerlf is offline Search for Posts by bulldozerlf Add bulldozerlf to your Buddy List
diablo

Raxis and Artoir, could yoy please stop spamming? There are PM or ingame messages, so use them. Thanks

The patch should affect everybody in act2 as far as I understood it. Buldzerlf, that was the main point of people on polish board. How can you kill lets say a black dragon if they just get stronger and the more levels you gain the stronger the dragon.

11-27-2008 11:08 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

i have given up on badges hardly get hop and i am over the option level in act two and only got my two badges before the patches nad luck
they should change it
cause we don't really get stronger per level that much

and only a couple of items allow us to get stronger per level and the are rare
11-27-2008 11:15 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
diablo

Plus the fact that with the damage the mobs do we will need a group of 5 to face a medusa or noble turkey.

11-27-2008 12:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
bulldozerlf

i heard that if a member of your expedition is in act 2 it effects the stats aswell

from what i've seen it's true but i can't be sure.

but then that means that i have to either take a weaker sniper (below lvl 50) and then we still get battered because the team i took wasn't strong enough

this patch makes no sense and should atleast be edited so it only alters say the HP of the mob rather than it's stats
11-27-2008 14:12 bulldozerlf is offline Search for Posts by bulldozerlf Add bulldozerlf to your Buddy List
Shasu

Registration Date: 05-15-2008

For each act 2 player in an expedition there is a percentage of increase in strength of the mob, stats and hp. Was like that before too but I think it was "bugged" and didn't work "as intended". At least I didn't think the increase was too dramatic before with Act 2 players in an expedition, the other patch was way more effective in that regards.
That being the over-optimal level thingy.

Now this probably won't affect the top 20 much, as diablo said they have to go with 5 now to a Medusa. But then again we have to go with 5 for a Hydra hunt and since the maximum allowed levels increase per higher mob I think it is safe to say that the higher you get, the more people you would be supposed to take on an expedition so 5 is surely not the maximum number of people you could take on a Medusa.
Thus in all honesty, the ones getting royally screwed over here are the lower/mid level players and not so much the high level players.

That is what made the patches so bad in my opinion. Because if the lower/mid levels loose interest in this game, the higher levels will slowly die away and the game will fall apart to a degree that you won't be able to do any high level expeditions anymore to begin with due to lack of people.
11-27-2008 14:37 Shasu is offline Search for Posts by Shasu Add Shasu to your Buddy List
bulldozerlf

yea tell me about it

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8353a1d06e

if 159 levels of player can't kill a black dragon then what's the point.

i gotta say the only reason i've stuck at this game is cos i like the idea of expeditions, but now i can't even kill a blackie i can't see any point to it
11-27-2008 15:13 bulldozerlf is offline Search for Posts by bulldozerlf Add bulldozerlf to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-01-2008

#
# Voroon attacks with Sniper rifle (+5), Black Dragon dodges the strike.

Thats just bad luck as you were actually able to kill it speially cause of the perception differences

Tell me that ive left a white dragon with 43 damage, all that is happening here is that all the higher levels are feeling expos like the lowest levels feel it when theyre attacking without any ubber damage dealer who deals 2000 damage itself to a dragon xD :p well at least in my opinion, but at the same time this makes it harder for us to get the badges as the higher damage dealers were great help for that as ive heard

I got my badge on a lvl 41 lower only expo Tongue ! but black dragon seems impossible at the moment without a higher level to help
11-27-2008 15:17 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I got my white badge ev4en earlier... partly a liucky shotm the only one I managed to hit it with. That was before the patch with a sniper rifle. Now I can mince the whites with Uzi's BUT black's, I still cannot get my badge at level 50!

Though that's partly due to getting a phoenix last night, and I managed to deal damage to it with guns...

This patch has segregated the higher and lower levels furhter, to stop us catching up

Your imperfection.
11-27-2008 15:21 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

quote:
This patch has segregated the higher and lower levels furhter, to stop us catching up

Agree not only on expos but on level as higher levels get experience 10 or more times faster than us at lvl 43, and BTW i also did it with guns, Berettas, but probably for a black dragon it would be needed 3-4 lvl 40-45 that are able to deal good damage "All" Could you tell me which clan has those people? :/ usually clans have higher level players or if they have lower its only a few and not all have good equipment for expos, this just complicated it all
11-27-2008 15:24 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
bulldozerlf

all of us could hit that thing easily, i have my sniper tatoos that give me chance to hit so even tho i had less perc than it i can still hit it

looks like that attack was just the dragon getting lucky and dodging

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bulldozerlf: 11-27-2008 15:25.

11-27-2008 15:24 bulldozerlf is offline Search for Posts by bulldozerlf Add bulldozerlf to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
all of us could hit that thing easily, i have my sniper tatoos that give me chance to hit so even tho i had less perc than it i can still hit it

Hitting a black isnt aproblem. With 1H ugns I have more percep htan 2H due to my set up.... but it's killing it, as they get stronger my 1H guns deal less due to the defence!

However it also increases HP as well... it's damn annoying

Your imperfection.
11-27-2008 15:54 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-12-2008
Clan: BLP !

The mobs didnt get extra stats without notification.
last days power up comes from a bug with this patch
"Every expedition participant that has higher level than the default max player level of the mob will increase the stats of the mob."

The bug was that the game checked if ANY1 was in A2 and modified mobs stats, and now when it works ok the stats are modified for every player in a2.
11-27-2008 16:05 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
diablo

Neither me or Mortis are above the optimal level for a golem but we got a much stronger one. How would you explain that?

It doesnt matter what weapons you use as long as you can hit.

It is not true that the patch will not dramatically affect people in top20, cause I know it will/did.

11-27-2008 17:21 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
ringham
Double Ace

Registration Date: 08-22-2008
Clan: LIG + SOT

we may think that all of this sucks now, but im sure that once we understand exactly how to play the system, things will get easier

Necropolis Character - Enderol, Clan Leader of the Sovereigns Of Time

11-27-2008 18:13 ringham is offline Search for Posts by ringham Add ringham to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for ringham
diablo

That is true, we will always find a way Smile

What I'm not impressed of is the fact that even it the patch was introduced before, we should have been notified about the change (removing a bug).

11-27-2008 18:26 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
This patch has segregated the higher and lower levels further

Can I just say: today I got 2000 PoH; I try White Tower expo and I cannot hit because I am not gunner so I have little use for PoH.

So now I rely on other people expos and I must get higher stats as quickly as I get through levels or I can kill no mobs.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
11-27-2008 19:23 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Zer
Forum Ace

@ God like

What?! Gicing up expos just cause youre not gunner!? I started hitting dragons at lvl 24 with a hunters shirt a hunter rifle +5 and a prophet cap so come on all these things cost less than 1 LS 1 HS and togheter give around +31 without criticals steady 90 damage per round if you dont have jewelry or anything and if you have 20 base perception (I doubt you have lower) get an eye of the cat and you can hit the smaller dragons >.< if you get a shorts of sun you can make it easier you dont need to be gunner to hit, as you dont need to be Melee to hit a phoenix, just get the equipment which is the thing that does the trick Wink
11-27-2008 21:03 Zer is offline Search for Posts by Zer Add Zer to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Expedition patch

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH