Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » Travels of Spawnraloom » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Travels of Spawnraloom
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: the JOKERs

Travels of Spawnraloom Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Part One....

In order to have any understanding of my story you must first understand how I came to be here telling it.

I grew up in a small fishing village which was a major resting point for many a boat (even though it was small it was a very busy little place).
Since I was, and still am blind, there was little I could do to help my father.
So I used to spend my time at the docks listening to all the fishermen and travellers talking amongst one another.
One would not believe the things people tell each other when they think no one else is listening.
And so I spent my youth in this way, I must of spent a near 20 years in this way, trying my hand at many different tasks and labours and failing on the account of my eye’s – no-one seemed to understand…
So I mostly got by helping out on the docks, but still ever listening to the tales…
It was on a day such as this that I heard it, a sound I would never forget. No-one will quite understand what the sound of silent fear is until they witness it themselves.
But I will try my best to describe that moment to you. Picture if you would, hearing heavy cargo moving across the gantry of a ship and hearing the bustle of people all around you, and then, as if some one had dropped a white handkerchief, silence…
Not even a bird seemed to whistle and for a moment I thought I had lost my hearing as well as my sight… and then a tremendous bang of what must have been gun fire (one must remember that I had never heard such a thing before) and of metal slamming in to metal.
I felt the ship I was standing on almost buckle under the shots it was taking.
I heard bullets ricocheting off metal and bone alike,
It then started to rain down on me… that’s when I realised that the two men nearest me had been ripped in half by some gun fire (in recollection it must of been some high powered machinegun) and I was covered in there blood.
All I could do was fall to my knees and hope I was under enough cover to save me from a similar fate.
I then heard a big crash of what must have been this warship crashing up the bank, and the grinding of metal doors being flung open. After a while, the gun shots and screams’ of men and woman alike died down…
And a voice rang out from this phantom ship
“Bring me any survivors”.

The next thing I remember is being grabbed and hauled into a hull of a ship that smelt of pure death.
I was made to stand on the spot for what seemed like forever, then a door opened and I could hear a man walking out and standing in front of me…
His breath smelt almost like what one would think stale blood to smell like…
The person then spoke in a very thin voice,
“This one shows no fear when facing me… he shows no dread of the fate to come… tell me boy, what is it that makes you so brave of the face of pure carnage itself?”
I pondered on what was just said to me and felt my self inclined to reply “It must be because I see no carnage in the face before me”
He must have been rather angered at this and I felt a slap across my face which sent me flying to the wall, 5 foot away.
Now blind I may have been, but ill bodied I wasn’t. In the times when I had been idle I would busy my self on building my muscle physique up… send me flying it may have done but the slap wasn’t enough to keep me on the floor long.
I was quicker with my words this time since I could sense he wasn’t done beating me,

“Don’t get me wrong sir, I’m sure your face is enough to make any man flinch with dread but it is hard for one to react to a face that it can not see…”
This remark must have amused him since he started to laugh. “You intrigue me boy out of your whole village you were the one who came out un-harmed and yet you are… what? Blind?”

“It must have been the instinct to duck and cover rather than run, since I had no direction to run in”
This is when he offered me something I had never dreamed was possible.
“If I told you boy that I could possibly fix your sight and give you untold strength and agility, what say you?

“I would ask the cost of such a noble and generous offer sir…”

“Your life… you see, I am what is commonly called a Vampire. Now we have the ability to heal and rejuvenate ourselves after we feed on fresh blood”

I couldn’t quite understand what he was telling me…

“Of course there is no guarantee that you would survive the mutation of your body changing, but I don’t see what other option you have. Both options have a death in them…one is definite, the other is chance…”

He was right of course and he knew it. I had no choice, and if this worked out then I may be able to live my dream of exploring the world…well in a sense it would be living…

So I accepted.

End part one

12-03-2008 22:10 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Sarahahaha

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: [Sanguine]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice start and an interesting concept, a blind vampire!

Hope to see more sooon? Smile
12-08-2008 20:14 Sarahahaha is offline Search for Posts by Sarahahaha Add Sarahahaha to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by spawnraloom
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thank you Big Grin here is part 2 and 3 (had them ready just needed some one els so i did't couble post or any thing :S)

WARNING the following scripts contains explisate vilance that may offened younger veiwers

part 2

I woke up 3 weeks later. I don’t remember much of what I was thinking at the time, other than the nightmares of my flesh burning up and my jaw being crushed and reshaped…
But after that I was fine. My body had mutated nicely, however my throat felt parched, as if I hadn’t drank anything for a good few months,
Which was odd because I remember there being a jug of water by the bed the whole time and it emptying and being refilled.
I put out a hand for the jug and as always it was there. I lifted it to my lips and drank it dry, yet I still felt thirst so I searched the cabin for something more to drink but when I found that there was nothing in the room other than my self the bed and the jug I fumbled for the door handle. That was when I realised something… I was still blind! How was this possible?! I was sure that he’d said that it should mend itself…
That was when the door was flung open and something heavy was thrown at me, knocking me to the floor, and to my shock it was a human.
“Thirsty?” a voice asked.

“Yes but I already drank the jug dry”

“Aaaah, then it has begun”

“What!?!” I asked in a worried voice,

“What is commonly known as the thirst” he laughed aloud.

“And what of this person?” I asked in an even more worried voice.

“He is your new beverage. Bite in to his neck and drink deep of his blood… then we shall see if the healing abilities of a vampire can cure your blindness”

Feeling thirstier by the minute I grabbed the person, found his neck and bit into it hard, and to my surprise my teeth sank straight through his flesh as easy as a fish knife cuts a fish.

I took a mouthful of the mans blood and gagged. I must have spat the blood out over the other vampire, as he gave me a harsh kick in the ribs.
So I tried again and this time the blood tasted like fresh honey only sweeter.

I was left with the man to feast on when ever I pleased for a few days…
Then I realised my sight was coming back, slowly but surely, as the lenses at the back of my eyes started to line up properly like they had never done before.

end part 2

part 3
I never realised how much colour there was in the world, why even the dank, plain interior of the cabin seemed wonderfully bright and full of colour.
I called for the man I had been feasting on for some time to be brought to me and I noticed this time that he had been gagged and was un-able to speak. Curious to see how feeding on him made him feel, I felt the need to un-gag him… which is when I found out the truth… I had been feeding on my father the whole time.
It wasn’t just the blood that was healing me, it was feeding on someone who shared the same genes as me.

At the sight of this I lost it… unable to stop my self, I turned to the door which I had never seen the other side of, and went to open it… on finding it locked I realised I was not given a gift but a curse, and I realised that there were several cameras in the room watching me.
He had been toying with me for his own amusement… and upon realising this I turned and kicked the door down.
He must have been expecting this, since there were three armed guards pointing guns at me.
I froze… but only for a second, then I leapt at the nearest and tore his throat out. Now it was the other two guards turn to freeze, but they, being humans, couldn’t snap out of it fast enough. I turned, bringing my foot up into one of their heads, sending him spinning across the room just as he was pulling the trigger, spraying bullets out in all directions.
Several bullets hit the third guard, one hit my arm and the others lodged in the walls, sending metal, blood and splintered wood around the room in a chaotic mass of destruction.
On seeing that the guard I had kicked was recovering quickly, I turned, grabbing what remained of the third guard and broke his arm half off, leaving me with a sharp object at my disposal
The guard finally recovered enough to right himself, and took aim.

“Don’t move” he said in a very uncertain voice
“Move a single muscle and I will shoot“.

I simply smiled at the guard and took a sinister step towards him. *click* whet the gun as the guard pulled the trigger.

“You shot all of your shots, what now?” I said threateningly.

The guard looked scared, and he was right to, then he turned and tried to bolt for the door,
With my new lightning-fast reflexes, I threw the arm I had in my hand like a dart, straight into the guards leg and as he screamed out in pain and fell to the floor, almost crying with fear, I walked towards him.
Lifting him up and pushing him against the wall, I shoved the remains of the throat I had ripped out from his colleague into his mouth, choking him.
I then lent forward, bit into his neck and drained him dry.

end part 3

12-08-2008 20:23 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

"With my new lightning-fast reflexes, I threw the arm I had in my hand like a dart, straight into the guards leg and as he screamed out in pain and fell to the floor"

That was awesome right there, using a limb like that. Smile

does this make me morbid?? lol.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-09-2008 00:43 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

lol not at all XD i think im more morbid for righting it than you are for liking it Wink

4-5 should be ready soon (and soon they will get longer i swear i know there very short atm)

12-09-2008 00:45 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Lysandra
Viking

Ah okay. I have to ask Lest to start helping me with fighting sceens, he can be pretty bad. He actually laughs at the Saw movies then says he can do better... *coughs* Too bad he doesn't have much writing talent, he could probably give people nightmares...LOL
anyhow, I really like this so far, can't wait for parts 4/5. Mine started going the opposite, getting shorter slightly...LOL

quote:

12-09-2008 01:09 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Sarahahaha

^_^ cant wait for the rest of it spawny!

You are right, you are pretty morbid.... and I can only guess its going to get worse Tongue
12-09-2008 08:18 Sarahahaha is offline Search for Posts by Sarahahaha Add Sarahahaha to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Part 4
Grimacing, I picked up the guards guns (some MP5’s) and whatever ammo they had on them, and I then proceeded to every cabin and room I came across, blowing away ever single godforsaken man on that ship.
I carried on this way until I got to my sires quarters. Realising I had used all my ammo up, I knew I would have to blag that I still had ammo or else it might be me who bites the bullet.
So I crashed through the door and aimed at the chair behind the desk…which was empty.
As if from nowhere a sword came shooting out of the shadows next to the door and cut the bottom off the clips for the mp5’s.
The vampire smiled at me. “Empty - that’s why I use a sword, never can rely on a gun.”

I quickly brought my arm around and smashed his head into the wall with the butt of one of the guns,

“It may be empty but they still pack a good punch”

All he did was smile though, and brought the hilt of his sword up into my face, splitting my lip open.
Writhing back I licked my lip and returned his smile.

“You can tell a lot about a man from his blood” I said and followed up those words with a lightning fast palm to the stomach and disarming him with a quick, well aimed hit with the barrel of my mp5.

Spinning around he elbowed me in the back of the head and sent me sprawling towards the desk
He then grabbed me by the shoulders and kneed me in the back of the leg, throwing me to the floor.

This was his last mistake since I was now in reach of his sword, which I grabbed and brought up straight through him, vertically.

After this I could feel my blood cooling again and my temper chilling… that was when I realised how much carnage I had just made.

Returning to my father I found him dead… finally overcome with fatigue from all the blood loss… I wish I could’ve cried for my loss but I seemed to have lost all compassion, which is when I remembered where I was… on a boat with all the crew dead, and me never having seen the sky or water before, let alone driven a warship...

End of part 4

part 5 is all most ready just waiting to be prove read Tongue im sorry to say it will stay short till about part 9 i think Wink you will see why

12-10-2008 00:08 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
unholy-beast

images/avatars/avatar-325.gif

Registration Date: 11-22-2008
Clan: BiBo

amazing spawny
id like more pwease Big Grin
slightly sad about his father
but kick ass moves with the guards arm LOL
12-20-2008 17:13 unholy-beast is offline Search for Posts by unholy-beast Add unholy-beast to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

lol thanks unholy XD and see Lysandra ur not to morbid Tongue

Part 5

Once I was on the deck I realised we hadn’t been at sea at all, in fact they hadn’t moved the ship one inch since they arrived and looking around I was horrified at what I could see. Blood stains bits of people everywhere and a bit of mirror - seeing what I looked like was the biggest shock to my system I have ever had.
Not only that but I didn’t know how much of it was me and how much of it was the vampiric demon within me… which I suppose was me now.
I closed my eyes and tried to remember where my house was, it was so hard to remember what it was like not being able to see after seeing what the village really looked like. I did finally managed to find the house I lived in for so many years - it was a shock seeing it and finding out the truth.
There were weapons hanging from the rafters, and dirty aprons. The sights I witnessed led me to think that my father wasn’t the honest fisherman he had always pretended to be.
I decided I would inspect the tracks leading to and from the house.

There were so many it took me a while to single out any, but then one particular track grabbed me … it led off into the woods to the north-west. Now at first glance they appeared to be mere tracks for wood, but the track looked too well used for gathering fire wood.
So I followed the trail in to the woods. They lead very deep and I was starting to worry I wouldn’t get there before the sun rose and I hoped there would be cover...
End of part 5

Part 6

I made it through the door just as the sun was coming up.

I found a shadowy patch and crouched there, watching the suns rays piercing the dusty, dank workplace.

It appeared to be a forge… so my father must have been some kind of blacksmith I mused.
Was it possible that what had happened in my village may have been some thing to do with this… this secret workshop? What was my father involved in?
Questions I felt the need to find the answers for.

I slept… and awoke with a jolt. Something wasn’t quite right…. I couldn’t put my finger on what it was until I heard footsteps outside the window.
Quickly I jumped up looking for something to defend myself with, but there seemed to be no weapons in the workshop - which struck me as odd. The foot steps stopped out side the door and I heard a gun being cocked... backing into the shadow was the only option I had left.

*THUUDD* “damn” I said, before I could stop myself, and at that moment a man came crashing through the door, spraying off a round of shots before retreating back again.
By some miraculous chance none of the shots hit me. My luck was holding out. I pulled the small desk I had bumped into down to protect myself from any further shots from the doorway.
As I did so I heard something sliding off it, a sound like metal grating along wood, and in a futile hope I caught it mid-air and to my shock it was a customized black desert eagle with a perfect grip on it.
At that moment the hut exploded in a mass of metal, wood and glass caused by the bombardment from several high powered automatic guns.
At the same time the first man came back through the doorway with a freshly loaded Uzi, the bullets smashing into the table and sending even more splinters into the fray.
Rising from my cover I took aim and pulled the trigger, praying my father left it loaded.
Once again my luck was holding out as a bullet whipped out, striking the first man in the chest and sending him sprawling back out of the door.
I dived for cover as a fresh torrent of bullets came tearing through the wooden walls.
I remember thinking there must be at least 7 other men out there…
I waited for them to reload then, picking my self up off the floor, I darted for the window and dived through the hole which had once had a pane of glass in.
I fired the remaining 6 shots... all meeting their targets and imbedding themselves into the assailants’ heads,
To my horror I realised that the sun was still up and that there was still one man with a loaded gun swivelling to face me.
Kicking myself up off the floor, I rolled backwards into the shade of a tree and let the clip for the gun loose, and as it fell I kicked it at the protruding arm of the man in which there was a gun pointing straight at me.
Just in time the clip connected, throwing his aim off and sending a shot whistling past my ear.
Not losing a beat I pushed myself forward, picking up a large stick as I went, and darting from shadow to shadow I made my way towards this one last man dodging his shots as I went.

End of part 6

12-20-2008 22:36 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Lysandra
Viking

Nice spawn, you're always in constant battle...lol.
No I'm not morbid at all.... poor popeye....LOL.

quote:

12-21-2008 14:41 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

lol well you will see why in a few cparts i think Wink part 7 is long and hasent got ,uch fighting in but fills in some blanks and shows were it is going XD

12-22-2008 01:49 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Lysandra
Viking

Part 7?? Soon?? Please?? Am I the only one reading this??
I hate when stories leave off and aren't finished, bugs the hell out of me since i usually end up writing my own ending...LOL

quote:

01-16-2009 16:59 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Sarahahaha

On his behalf...

part 7 is long and not yet finished, and also needs proof reading!

and from me.... Will be up as soon as I stop panicking over Uni stuff! Smile and when he sends me the rest of it Tongue
01-17-2009 23:13 Sarahahaha is offline Search for Posts by Sarahahaha Add Sarahahaha to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

if you i like i will proof read Smile c'mon light a fire under it :p

01-17-2009 23:16 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Sarahahaha

I just reminded him to write more! Big Grin

And its not proof reading hes after, its making sure what hes written fits in with the long term parts of the story and with what hes written so far.

I'll make him write some more this evening and get something up before tomorrow night Smile
01-20-2009 18:05 Sarahahaha is offline Search for Posts by Sarahahaha Add Sarahahaha to your Buddy List
True_Enigma

images/avatars/avatar-230.png

Registration Date: 08-02-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: -END-

This is my first time on this forum and I have to say I have been a fool not to come here sooner! I would like to compliment you on your writing skills. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Smile

01-22-2009 00:18 True_Enigma is offline Search for Posts by True_Enigma Add True_Enigma to your Buddy List
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Part 7

As the sun was setting I stood in the shadow of the house draining the man of his life force, his blood. Beside me lay the remains of the stick I had been brandishing, broken in half, it had been smacked across the mans face and used to disarm the man by snapping his arm. After I had finished drinking I dropped him to the floor brushed my hair out of my eyes and wiped my mouth clean, then proceeded to collect the ammo and guns from the 8 dead men and took them in to the shack to inspect the damage.
The shack had far too many holes in to provide any cover from the sun the next morning and I had no time to patch it up, however while inspecting the damage I noticed something under foot. The carpet had been knocked back in all of the commotion; there was a hidden door under it…
Pulling the carpet fully out of the way I inspected the door closer, it was a giant stone door that had been set almost perfectly with the floor, and bending down I found a grip and heaved the door open. On the other side were some 20 or so steps leading down into a dimly light room, the walls were riddled with numerous weapons and in the middle of the room sat a person wearing pure white robes and looking into a white orb of some sort.
I walked over to the table and pulled the empty chair out and sat upon it, and as I did so the figures’ head shot up and I could see it was a female, with blond shoulder length hair and pitch black teeth. She spoke in a very hoarse voice “Have you come to see what is to come?”
“What is to come? I don’t understand, what do you mean?”
“I have seen what is to happen on this cursed world and you may see it too if you wish.”
“Show me” I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to know or not but I was curious to find out what the future held.
She smiled, it was an eerie smile that made me uncomfortable, and she closed her eyes and then seemed to slumped down in her chair and the orb began to emit… not light but darkness, it consumed me and engulfed me, I felt myself being lifted off the chair and spinning around and around. I then hit into something hard but it did not hurt, it was the floor. Colour flooded back in to place almost blinding me, and shielding the brightness with my hands I peered around. I was standing on a hill, overlooking a city busy with people walking to and fro minding there own business. Everything around me then sped up, and as I stood there I could see armies clashing, gun shots and shells being fired, tearing the city to bits. Then one last missile was fired but it did not explode, just opened up, letting a greeny-orange smoke bellow out of it. I watched as the men, women and children staggered across the streets gasping for air, watched as they died in their thousands.
Then some of them stood back up, mutated and deformed from their former selves, paler and with longer canines. I then knew I had just witnessed a MASS scale attempt to wipe out the last living humans… but it had gone horribly wrong and instead of annihilating them all it changed some of them.
I was then whisked across continents, seas and deserts, time and time again, witnessing this happening all across the globe. I went near insane and yelled to be let out but it seemed I was to stay and witness more. I can not tell how long this lasted but to me it seemed like a life time.
I was pulled out of this trance with a sharp stabbing pain in my back as light drifted into darkness and back again, and reaching round to my back I could feel the hilt of a dagger sticking in it. Looking up I noticed the woman was no longer in front of me but behind me.
She screamed, turned, and grabbed a short sword from its hanging place on the wall, rushing at me with blind fury. Jumping away from her to the other side of the room, I reached behind me and pulled out a knife, but as I did so it disintegrated in my hand.
She ran at me still screaming, brandishing the sword sluggishly, and when in range she swung the sword. Side stepping her blow with ease, I grabbed her wrist in one hand and her shoulder in the other, and slamming her head into the wall, I moved to stand behind her. I reached around grabbed the back of her head and her chin, and twisted her head backwards, and with a loud crack her neck broke and she slumped to the floor peacefully.
Falling to my knees and raising my hands to my head I screamed, with the twisted forms and horrific occurrences of what I had just witnessed repeatedly playing around and around in my head.
I stayed in this pose for some time, getting to grips with it and calming my self down, and after some time I got up and looked around me. I now noticed that the woman had knocked the orb over and it had fallen and shattered on to the floor sending … black fragments from one side of the room to the next. It struck me as odd how the glass had changed colour, but considering what I had seen I wasn’t very surprised.
My clothes being splattered with blood by now, I decided to take the white robes.
Laying the woman out to rest with the other bodies, I went back inside and down the stairs, and this time sitting in the middle of the room was a young wolf cub. He had black fur covering his body and creamy-white muzzle, and as I entered he just sat there and looked at me, not moving a muscle. Squatting down so as not to appear as challenging, I made a motion towards him with my hand. The wolf lowered his head slightly and looked at my hand reproachfully and sized me up. I could see it was pondering if I posed a threat, and he must have decided I wasn’t as he stood up and trotted towards me. Remaining still I turned my hand palm upright so as to let him smell my hands and to show I meant no harm, and accepting this he sniffed at my hand then brushed his head against it,
Smiling I moved towards him slowly, and I ran my hand down from his head to his tail - his fur was so smooth and soft and warm.
“What’s your name hay?” I said in as softer voice I could muster. Holding his chin in one of my hands, I brought his head up and looked into his eyes. They were emerald green with a jagged white line running through each of them, a bit like cracks,
“How about Cracker, seems a fitting name don’t you think?”
Taking no attention to what I was saying to him he turned around and walked over to the opposite wall and lay down on a pile of rugs.
Grabbing a brush that was leaning against the wall, I went to brush the glass up, but as I did so I realised that the glass had gone… this night was just getting stranger and stranger… The sun was rising, and I decided that the cellar was the best place to be so I settled down for the day. Upon closing the door I looked around the room for somewhere comfy to rest, yet the dog had the only place. Walking over to him I placed a hand onto his side and felt him breathing in and out slowly, so I lay down next to him and kept my hand on his side. Hearing his steady breathing was very soothing and I drifted in to a deep sleep.
Smoke surrounded me, I could hear screaming, and as I looked about I could see the women and children again dying all around me. A woman grabbed me and looked horror stricken straight into my eye’s and as I watched her skin melted away, leaving only a white skull, then crumbled into dust.
I woke up with a start. There was a scratching noise at the door… the wolf wanted to be let out. Getting up I went to door, gingerly opening it in case the sun was still up. It was still day but not bright enough to do me any real damage, so feeling hungry I pulled myself up out of the cellar and covered my self up as best I could in the robes. I ventured outside to one of the corpses that I hadn’t drank from yet and dragged it back down to the cellar, taking a lamp with me.
Sitting down on one of the chairs I drank deeply, then set about inspecting the weapons. There was a large variety of combat and ranged weapons but no guns and on inspecting them closely I could tell that they were all well made and beautiful in there own gleaming way. Every dagger, sword, axe, spear, bow, were so perfect and not only were they deadly they all so looked so majestic in the half light of the lamp. While I was inspecting, I noticed one weapon that looked out of place. It appeared to be simply a stick, but picking it up however I noticed there was a very small crack about 2-3 inches from one of the ends. Running my finger around the crack I found a small clasp which looked like just a notch in the wood, and as I loosed the clasp the wood where the crack was sprang up slightly, revealing a sword with the a tigers paw on it slashing the air.
Grabbing the hilt I drew the blade out of the sheath. The blade vibrated when it came free and sang out in a high pitched note, and laying my palm on the blade I calmed the vibrations slowly. It was weighted perfectly, it was neither cumbersome nor overzealous, it looked strong, yet sharp. Spinning around, pulling the sword through the air, to late did I remember that the chair was positioned behind me. The sword went straight through the back rest with such ease my wrist barely had to brace from the impact. Slowly I turned to face the wall again and I went to place the sword back in to the scabbard. As I did this I noticed that in the hilt had been cleverly placed small strips of jagged metal on one side which sharpened the blade when you drew the sword free from its casing. Smiling I sunk the sword back into the sheath.

End of part 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by spawnraloom: 01-30-2009 00:14.

01-23-2009 00:43 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
spawnraloom
Triple Ace

Part 8

Spawnraloom’s thought pattern:
On a charcoal night the owl calls.
On a charcoal night wolves sharpen their claws.
On a charcoal night children shake with fear.
On this charcoal night…..

My memory fails me, it’s now been 5 years since I found that dammed work shop, 5 years since I found that my life had been one twisted lie after another. Had this been for my protection? Did he feel I would not understand? So many questions I have none of the answers.. but thanks to the mutations I have all the time to find the answers… I learnt quickly how to avoid the sun and find my own kin, the marks they leave, the fear of the pray being hunted, the night before still hanging in the air, all easy to find, all noticeable to one who knows what there looking for. These things which called themselves vampires were a mere shadow of what they could be if given direction - just itching for one to lead them… however fear drives them to attack first and ask questions later. In these past 5 years I have left many fallen foe’s and few allies, however I would put down any number of these “vampires” - they are more like mindless zombies to me, mutated by the war which was still raging on. No-one seemed to know who was the enemy and who were the allies any more, never knowing when another rocket or worse a carrier* would drop down in the near vicinity of you.

Standing on top of a church spire, I was admiring the lovely cool, calm night sky and closing my eyes I let the feeling surround me. The peacefulness was almost healing - nights like this were rare and something to be treasured. A scream tore through my meditation and opening my eyes slowly I saw way below me two women being chased by a bunch of “men”. Even from up here I could smell the stench of them - they say they’re “vampires” but they’re less like vampires than I am like a 10ft high Nordic god. Yes, they feed on blood but they relish the flesh as well, the mutations had taken it one step further but they still lacked our grace.

Sighing, I push myself of my perch and slide down the slated roofing of the church, making an awful racket and hoping that the sound would distract the men below long enough. The roof was coming to an end and I was still a good 15-20 foot above the ground and a fall from here would put me out of commission for long enough for them goons below to finish me off. As I reach the edge I push my feet off the guttering and launched myself into a tree, and using my momentum I ran down the tree, jumping from branch to branch. Grabbing onto one of the more flexible branches, I use it to propel myself out of the tree and at the wall of the church, hitting the wall with all four of my limbs, griping the wall for a second and letting the scene settle in for the spectators below. Finding a grip with my large combat boots I push off the wall, sending myself soaring over the heads of the men. They turn around awestruck, to see a man kneeling on the floor with streaming white robes following his movements and drifting down in to place next to him. Grabbing a hand full of dirt I stand and look at the three men. None of them stood taller than 5’7”, wearing tight leather body suits with biker leather trousers.
This wouldn’t take long… they were to used to dealing with weak humans, I let the dust slowly run through my fingers to the ground.
“You have till the last bit of dirt hits the floor” I announce with a small smile, revealing my red tainted canines. The men look at each other then burst out in laughter, one of them jumping in to action, swinging a metal clad fist straight at my face. Moving my head just enough to avoid his attack I step up, putting my face up against his
“Is that all?” Feeling the air being pushed aside by a large knife just next to my ear I lean back as the knife just misses my neck and slashes the first mans arm, and the man showing no pain, brought his arm around in an attempt to hit me again. Bringing my left leg out and bending my right leg, I sink down under the attack, the fist slamming in to the back of the guy with the knife and knocking him of his feet and bashing his head against the church wall.
“Almost out of time….” The last man who I now noticed was a bit more chubby than the others, grabbed a baseball bat. He spurted forward with surprising speed, and as he swung the bat I let go of the last bit of dirt. Dropping down to my hands and avoiding the blow I watched the dirt as it bounced of the floor, then pushing off with my hands I brought my self upright and looked the man in the eye. I smile as he swings the bat back for another attack, raising my right hand I grab the bat mid swing and the bat stops dead in my vice like grip, but the mans hands slip off the bat and carries on in the arc. Raising my left hand I grab the mans head. Steadying his balance and still smiling I announce in a smooth factual way “My turn”.

I bring my hands in to a fist, still holding his balled head and my fingers piece his skin and crack his skull in a bright red explosion of blood and brain. As I released my grip he slumped to the floor, letting out a puddle of blood around his head. The man with the metal glove had witnessed this, pulled himself up and turned to run away, but before his foot could take a step I reached into my robes and pulled out 2 throwing knifes. Holding them blade first in my right hand I pulled back my arm and threw them. One entered the fleeing mans leg just behind the knee cap and straight out the other side, popping the knee cap out of place as it did so. The second knife pinned the dagger wielding thug to the church wall by a strap of his clothes, and I strolled calmly towards him as he desperately tried to drag himself along the floor away from me. Smiling, I start humming a melody to myself – On a charcoal night the owl calls…. - and on reaching the pure excuse for a murderous, raping thief I picked him up from the floor. Pulling the dagger from the back of his leg I slammed his head against the floor, knocking him unconscious.

Cleaning off the knife, I returned it to its place hidden in my robes and walked up to the 2 women I had just saved. “Thank you, thank you, it was lucky you were passing - is there anything we can do to thank you for saving us?”
“Saving you? Is that what you assumed I was doing?? I just find that the best food is always delivered to you if you wait”.

The fire truck arrived too late to save the two men from the roof of the church. They may not have been vampires but the mutations still left them highly sensitive to the suns rays. No-one knew how they got up there or why, however they would assume that the 3 dead men and 1 dead woman had some connection.

I was in this city to find master Kanaye Hanabusa, a world renowned samurai trainer. I would spend a further 5 years training under him learning everything I could from him, however when I had learnt all I could from his teaching I fed off him since one can learn much from another’s blood.

Next I was to travel to small village in china to learn Taiji, and after mastering what I could from the numerous teachers, I had I fed off them to so as to earn more experience.

I then travelled to America in order to train my body’s physique with kickboxing, then off to England to learn alchemy.

*Carrier’s: the nick name given to the pods which carried the gas which slaughtered thousands and mutated hundreds more.

End part 8

01-31-2009 07:17 spawnraloom is offline Search for Posts by spawnraloom Add spawnraloom to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for spawnraloom
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » It's the arts » Our Stories » Travels of Spawnraloom

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH