Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » 2h Melee -> Sniper » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2h Melee -> Sniper
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Source/TFE

Question 2h Melee -> Sniper Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok so I've been thinking about this for some time and I want some of your opinions please.

I have perfect Black Knight equipment:
Good Murderous Mace (+2)
Good Shorts of Scout
Vest of Deathsower (+5)
Good Helmet of Adrenaline

Level 3 Heart of Darkness
Level 3 Power of Faith
Level 3 Double Strike
Level 2 Apprentice of the Dark Side

This is great in seiges I do at least over 2000 damage sometimes 3000 and I rarely lose in a defence ambush.
However the problem lies in ambushes and expos. Unless I attack a melee player or I am lucky I never get through and even when I do get through on melee players because I'm 2handed melee I tend to have less agil than 1handed melee so I'm not progressing very quickly from attacking people. The problem in expos is after the Black Dragon I bearly hit because of my poor percep. So I need some advice really if you would also be kind enough to also put your opinions on the prices my items would go for on my evaluation thread thankyou in advance to anyone who posts Smile

12-13-2008 21:31 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

legendary. that's what u need Smile

azz is selling legendary light xxx of xxx u should buy that then ur problem solved Smile for time being Wink

12-13-2008 22:51 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also if you need rep for ambushes use whaat elisabeth did, a crystal mace of bloodsucker, I have one myself and it's part of my fodder set

Your imperfection.
12-14-2008 00:19 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Clan: BoS

Try something like this mate

Good Helmet of Adrenaline (+2)
UNEQUIP
Vest of Death Sower (+5)
UNEQUIP
Titanium Tie (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Signet of Youth
UNEQUIP
Good Signet of Youth
UNEQUIP
Good Shorts of Smuggler (+1)
UNEQUIP
Good Crystal Mace of Inquisitor (+1)
UNEQUIP

Makes your life a hell of a lot easier when ambushing gunners even without criticals...
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c0b445613d

Black Dragon expos - since you're not Beastmaster use Ursine set and maximise Bloodfrenzy possibly buy Scorpid Venom, it doesn't require much Agility to hit it's just getting through the defence...
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=7af3780b7f

And then once you have beaten the Black you can farm Phoenixes...
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=077d771e7c

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 12-14-2008 09:02.

12-14-2008 09:02 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

instead of smuggler get a arms dealer gd rep Wink

and do not get bracelet for ambush. get signets, u r a thoughtcather right. well that also helps u out alot. only get bracelet for defense.

12-14-2008 09:38 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Apollo
The Light

Thread Starter Thread Started by Apollo

hmm I have a Murderous Mace of Betreyal Frown

but the problem lies in that all these solutions cost stones Frown and I am a bit short at the moment. And I don't have any titanium jewellery and I don't have any youth items either I have shorts of arms dealer but won't that damage my agility too much?

12-14-2008 10:48 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by minshres
instead of smuggler get a arms dealer gd rep Wink

and do not get bracelet for ambush. get signets, u r a thoughtcather right. well that also helps u out alot. only get bracelet for defense.

Yeah arms dealer is better but you need a decent upgrade level to work with tattoos.

quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
hmm I have a Murderous Mace of Betreyal Frown

but the problem lies in that all these solutions cost stones Frown and I am a bit short at the moment. And I don't have any titanium jewellery and I don't have any youth items either I have shorts of arms dealer but won't that damage my agility too much?

This is just for ambushing gunners so it doesn't matter.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 12-14-2008 10:53.

12-14-2008 10:50 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Oops Double post :S

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 12-14-2008 10:54.

12-14-2008 10:53 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

But I won't have enough agil for high level expo monsters especially with the new patch

12-14-2008 10:59 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

For more agility you need higher level equipment, jewellery of youth / levitation / accuracy and increased base stat.

quote:

12-14-2008 11:04 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

lol same old problem of not enough stones Mad and I'd be able to get some pretty good equipment for a gunner if I sold my mace and stuff Frown I still don't know what to do I probably have enough exp for Instructor tatoo level 5 can someone post the requirements for sniper tatoos

12-14-2008 11:07 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

LEVEL 1 : helmet defence max 10, armour defence max 20, pants defence max 10
LEVEL 2 : helmet defence max 20, armour defence max 40, pants defence max 20
LEVEL 3 : helmet defence max 30, armour defence max 60, pants defence max 30
LEVEL 4 : helmet defence max 40, armour defence max 90, pants defence max 40
LEVEL 5 : helmet defence max 50, armour defence max 120, pants defence max 50

Instructor
LEVEL 1: 4500 PoP, 2 bloodstones
Traits : experience +4 % (aura*)
LEVEL 2: 9000 PoP, 2 heartstones
Traits : experience +8 % (aura*)
LEVEL 3: 13500 PoP, 2 lifestones
Traits : experience +12 % (aura*)
LEVEL 4: 18000 PoP, 2 mergestones
Traits : experience +16 % (aura*)
LEVEL 5: 22500 PoP, 2 soulstones
Traits : additional 1 attacks with every weapon, experience +24 % (aura*)

quote:

12-14-2008 11:18 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

Thanks mate Smile
hmm... they definately have easier requirements than the BK tatoos Tongue at the moment I am leaning towards changing to sniper it just seems an easier choice but there is also the other possibility of changing to a ranger and buying myself a shuriken of reaction what do you guys think?

12-14-2008 11:30 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Berserker?

To be honest I wouldn't drift away from melee, just change the type of melee you wanna be.

quote:

12-14-2008 13:48 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

I've tried One handed melee in the past but didn't enjoy it I had Good Knife of Suicide and an antique dagger but I never managed to do enough damage to kill off the higher levels. And beserker hmm... I would need suicide or vegance items and although I had once a mace of suicide I felt as though the knowledge and intel requirements would hamper my other stats. So as soon as I get some more credit on my phone I will switch my tatoos and become a gunner I think and maybe buy a shuriken as a toy for seiges Tongue

12-14-2008 14:10 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

for ur level bk is the best choice. that is if u are still optimal lvl for pheonix. jus get a legendary that will do the trick for lose of agility.

12-14-2008 14:22 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Apollo
The Light

yes min but the fact is I am not going to find a legendary murderous mace Tongue unless luck for finding good items on quests suddenly changes Frown

12-14-2008 14:30 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

You want to change but you don't know what you want to be. At the same time you don't want to spend stones on buying anything. Now honestly, how do you expect people to help you? Minshres tried and you didn't listen.
You mentioned expos and a few posts after you wanted to buy a shuriken. Do you want help or pity?

12-14-2008 14:39 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

lol I was just pondering what I should do and minshres solution was find/buy legendary Tongue and the shuriken idea was not for expos it was for seiges I would use a sniper or shotgun in expos.

"At the same time you don't want to spend stones on buying anything."

If I had stones I would obviously buy something but the cold hard truth is I have 1bs Frown so it is hard to buy anything like a ring of youth with 1bs and I used up my other stones upgrading my tatoos and helmet of adrenaline. I didn't ask for pity want advice what would you people do in my position. I can't just magic up a legendary item now can I...

12-14-2008 14:50 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
diablo

My post looks a bit more offensive as intended. Sorry.
For any change you will need stones, so my advice for now is play as you used to until now and get some progress and stones. Then you can change as much as you like Wink

12-14-2008 15:12 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
My post looks a bit more offensive as intended. Sorry.
For any change you will need stones, so my advice for now is play as you used to until now and get some progress and stones. Then you can change as much as you like Wink

Apology accepted mate thankyou for the advice I will probably do that and raise some stones I need to do some expos cos I'm only 9000exp off 150 points so I will probably decide then Happy I actually have some PoH I just need to find some people who can help me out in expos would it be ok if I came to BoS for a little while Smile

12-14-2008 15:16 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
diablo

I'm sure we can give it a try, but no promises Wink
EDIT: Feel free to join BoS.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 12-14-2008 15:31.

12-14-2008 15:31 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

lol I just found this lol I'm so pleased I didn't sell anything yet Tongue if only it had legendary in front of it Big Grin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9a157a128e

12-14-2008 15:49 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by QQQ
lol I just found this lol I'm so pleased I didn't sell anything yet Tongue if only it had legendary in front of it Big Grin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9a157a128e

Don't need a legendary murderous weapon.

Take for instance Legendary Sharp Two-Handed Sword on auction ( yes it's mine but i'm not trying to flog it to you just an example)

Say you're up against a Phoenix with 120 agility and you have 90. You will have the equivalent to around 23 extra so 113 and will be more likely to hit it. Now of course this is cheaper than some big Murderous Mace

quote:

12-14-2008 16:32 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » 2h Melee -> Sniper

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH