Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » A question for all you Maths bods.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A question for all you Maths bods....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

A question for all you Maths bods.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know there are quite a few on this board, so I thought I ask... have any of you got an idea of what the zone & square layout looks like for the game?

I've tried to figure it out, but it makes my head hurt.

So, Zone 1 is in the center, then what? Do all the squares in the zones spiral out?

For example if you are in Zone 3, Area 10, Square 1 (3/10/1), then the closest Zone 4 square to you is the one you are the Sector Overseer for, and likewise for the other zones & overseers.

But what I want to understand is what the whole grid of zones & squares looks like?

Is it a 3D grid? Is Zone 1 the top of a pyramid?

Come on maths dudes & dudettes - you've got oodles of time over Xmas to think on it, and this a much more challenging & stimulating debate than the normal crap on this board!! Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-23-2008 13:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I did a thread on this a while back, about changing the look of the City Overview page. I think it is like a big circle, with Z1 in the middle, the Z2 around it, the Z3 around that, then Z4, then Z5.

New look of 'City Overview'

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9138/...overviewrw0.png

12-23-2008 15:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

LoL - thanks Scill, I didn't check the old posts (my bad). But I was hoping that that I would get a more number-ish answer. Although I do like your "rudimentary" drawing. Tongue

But how does the pattern actually work?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-23-2008 16:05 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

It could be the total inverse making every smaller numbered Zone sector smaller therefore backing up the fact that the higher number squares have more buildings.

Oh yeah... By sector I mean individual square, couldn't be bothered changing them all.. Smile

Zone 1 1 sector,
Zone 2 12 sectors
Zone 3 144 sectors
Zone 4 1728 sectors
Zone 5 20736 sectors

Try starting from one and x12 each time..

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 12-23-2008 16:25.

12-23-2008 16:20 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

I always thought of it to be something like what scill has too. One big area in the middle, then the Z2 areas around it... I mean it is called the 'inner circle' right?
I would try a number solution but lack of sleep prevents thinking.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

12-23-2008 16:47 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

it is a circle sort of like a dartboard zone 1 in the middle then surrounded by the twelve zone 2 squares then the next circle 2/1/1 will be split into 12 3/1/1 - 3/1/12 and 2/2/1 would be 3/2/1 - 3/2/12 and it carries on like that i would draw a pic but i cant be bothered tbh

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

12-23-2008 17:02 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

quote:
Originally posted by necrol
it is a circle sort of like a dartboard zone 1 in the middle then surrounded by the twelve zone 2 squares then the next circle 2/1/1 will be split into 12 3/1/1 - 3/1/12 and 2/2/1 would be 3/2/1 - 3/2/12 and it carries on like that i would draw a pic but i cant be bothered tbh

Aha - that makes sense! That would work... I will draw my own pic & see what it looks like.
Thanks. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
12-23-2008 18:04 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

make sure u show us after you are done with ur awesome drawing Tongue

12-23-2008 18:07 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » A question for all you Maths bods....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH