Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Anyone??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Anyone??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone else feel that bw has become stale?

I mean that nothing ssems to be changing in terms or playability...nothing to do with the devs Tongue

Everyone is comfortable with pre-arranged poh seiges, 300 million alliances and fully planned out attacks. None of this is bad and is apart of the game but that is all it has become. What i propose is at least some wild all out poh seiges. I know i will get loads of messages about how " if it aint broke dont fix it" but to me it may not be broke but its monotonous. Mabye we could have a week of pure mayhem, no alliances, no accountability and no payback.
01-03-2009 01:53 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree. but when faceater made this suggestion we had two days and that was it.... now Ifind that if sieges are preplanned by a clan thats fine, but arranging them does indeed become boring. I also like close sieges rather than pure doiminance

Your imperfection.
01-03-2009 01:59 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by AudatiousTitan
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thy are fine, and a legitimate and protitable way to progress...mostly, but at least one in a while we should just go mad Tongue

so many times ive had to call a seige of because someone has honour, everything become so tedious in relation to most aspects of bw. All i want is some differentiation :p
01-03-2009 02:03 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
so many times ive had to call a seige of because someone has honour, everything become so tedious in relation to most aspects of bw. All i want is some differentiation :p

next time don't lol

Your imperfection.
01-03-2009 02:06 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
zarkhir
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-343.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2007
Clan: BK / .DB.

War.... thing that this server need now Tongue

many good wars on polish servers, but uk server maybe is "Blood" but not "Wars" anymoreTongue

If Today was perfect, there would be no need for Tomorrow....

01-03-2009 02:07 zarkhir is offline Search for Posts by zarkhir Add zarkhir to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Lol, well said zark Smile But evan thought the server needs it i doubt anyone will risk there precious blood/poh/ppl/square etc...

Food for thought, without any real confrontation, isnt bloodwars just a glorified text based sim, with limited rpg elements?
01-03-2009 02:10 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

This server is Blueblood wars.

Im enjoying the PL server cos its cutthroat

Your imperfection.
01-03-2009 02:11 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
zarkhir
Double Ace

on PL servers, 1 person can start war if had a good idea and "nervs" few persons, then starts fun Big Grin

here, too many people r afraid of war Tongue

01-03-2009 02:16 zarkhir is offline Search for Posts by zarkhir Add zarkhir to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

yea, most ppl on the uk server are to comfortable with the serene comfortability. I have been looking for a war for months...doubt it will happen tho, unless some one takes offence to my posts and seiges me Wink
01-03-2009 02:19 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
zarkhir
Double Ace

problem is, that any clan who start takeover siege can't take some to help (on all polish servers that clan can take merc/friends)

that's why is hard to siege any1, cos defending clan can take many merc, so taking some1 squere is almost impossible Tongue

without changeing it, ll be hard to start good war Tongue

01-03-2009 02:26 zarkhir is offline Search for Posts by zarkhir Add zarkhir to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

I think getting mercs is a good idea, especially in a war secenario.

For instance, say dark seige source for a square, db help source, then bos seige db while they arnt at full strength. Db re-seige bos for the square and v13 join to heko out, then source and trc seige v13 while they are weak, see what i mean. It would add a tactical edge to seiges making the game more immersive = fun Smile

Aformentioned scenerio is purely hypothetical and used for "talks sake" Tongue
01-03-2009 02:31 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

See this is why i suggested the POH war a few months back. we had what? one in DARK then yeah, that was it.
heck i remember back in the beginning everyday was logging onto a new problem or needing to call in mercs or send out mercs. now it's log on quest, attack and repeat. arrange PoH sieges (which no one wants to do). then quest, attack and repeat.
See I wouldn't mind something interesting but i like my square...lol

@ titan, oddly enough we're sieging Source right now. just not for a square Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lysandra: 01-03-2009 02:33.

01-03-2009 02:32 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Beatrice
unregistered

i agree.... there should be clans right that can hold at least half the amount of people on the server and the other in another clan and just siege THE LIVING HELL out of the other half of the server, now that will be funny as to seee..... haha

random but ah well.... or maybe we should just start picking random people to attack and pinch squares off just not mine Big Grin i love my square i do Smile

loves B xx
01-03-2009 02:34
zarkhir
Double Ace

poh sieges can't start war Big Grin

when there is poh siege, not everyone joining it, cos only thing that they can lose is poh

but when there is siege for squere, all clan join to not lose squere and then we have got at last some nice, big siege Tongue

DB vs BoS, with help from other clans

that would be nice war Big Grin

01-03-2009 02:37 zarkhir is offline Search for Posts by zarkhir Add zarkhir to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

i'll come and join in one of those Big Grin

haha would be fun!!

but i'm still up for a siege like ba_alzamon said, ... zarky i think you know which one i'm on about haha!!

B xx
01-03-2009 02:39
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
See this is why i suggested the POH war a few months back. we had what? one in DARK then yeah, that was it.
heck i remember back in the beginning everyday was logging onto a new problem or needing to call in mercs or send out mercs. now it's log on quest, attack and repeat. arrange PoH sieges (which no one wants to do). then quest, attack and repeat.
See I wouldn't mind something interesting but i like my square...lol

Lol.... well I remember grabbing a new square, coming on to find myself fighting for it lol... that was great

I hae an idea

Prepare an ambush
Begin a quest
Expedition
war
Tasks

What happnes is clans go int oit... as many as wanted, then it occurs like a siege, except the gamew automatically balances it so that the teams are closely matched in terms of points, this means that players from the same clan could in theory be against each other....

PoH can be exchanged and there is no limit to round number.... that'd be awesome.... oh and anyone can jump in, when war is started everyone may place themselves in it

Your imperfection.
01-03-2009 02:41 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

thats basically what i jsut said haha!! with the hole server can be involved, but i guess without the clan things haha!!

would be good though, maybe we should like do that, Big Grin or get one of the makers to make it Big Grin

B xx
01-03-2009 02:43
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

@zarkir, I know POH sieges can't start war. My suggestion was to throw arranged PoH sieges and worrying about PoH out the window for a week and just go nuts. Since a lot of people care about their squares too much, it would be a 'safe' alternative. we wouldn't lose anything but honor and we'd have some interesting fights. only a few went for it though...lol

DB and BOS attempted a war but stopped when one of the two didn't have enough time to arrange it... *cough cough* no comment. Tongue

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-03-2009 02:44 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Beatrice
unregistered

ahhh just someone randomly pick one out of the clan, and just go for it, it would be good if all the clan members joined, i have yet to see that because a few of them are hardly ever online full clan Vs full clan Big Grin

someone do it and post the report unless i can join hehe

B xx
01-03-2009 02:46
Raxis
Set Abominae

sounds good. now lets here SSejesz input... I may formalise my proposition and stic kit in game system...

I want to be at war... DARK and NIGHT seem to have a few sieges which are good

Your imperfection.
01-03-2009 02:48 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
zarkhir
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra

DB and BOS attempted a war but stopped when one of the two didn't have enough time to arrange it... *cough cough* no comment. Tongue

there was time, but impossibility to join people to attacking clan, makes easy way for BoS to win that siege Wink

if BoS ll start siege for DB, i'm almost sure that DB ll win cos of that impossibility Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zarkhir: 01-03-2009 02:50.

01-03-2009 02:49 zarkhir is offline Search for Posts by zarkhir Add zarkhir to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

hmm can i come and join one of your clans haha!! i would LOVE to be involved in this haha!!

but then again you lot are all way higher than me i'd be the first one to die haha

B xx
01-03-2009 02:50
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
except the gamew automatically balances it so that the teams are closely matched in terms of points,

What if it automatically balances me and Zark and we happen to overpower the other team, you've got to be aware that points aren't always an accurate reflection of power.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 01-03-2009 09:02.

01-03-2009 09:02 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
sounds good. now lets here SSejesz input... I may formalise my proposition and stic kit in game system...

I love the idea guys Big Grin but you know exactly what he's going to say...

Option 1 "This would put a strain on the server and cause lag"

Option 2 "There is actually a new patch going to be implemented in 40 years which will allow War"

Option 3 "This would need a serious ammount of coding blah blah blah can't be done"

Option 4 "It would upset the beautiful balance of the game Shocked "

Option 5 "yawn another game suggestion" (gets out book of excuses) "haha heres one, the devs are too stuck up and unwilling to listen to anyone else that is why this won't happen...oooh thats a new one."

so whats it to be guys can I get a drumroll and a poll please lol but seriously its a fantastic idea but I predict it won't happen if it does (lol yer right) they will mess it up or put stupid regulations on it like the brilliant (crap) expo patch. Mad

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Apollo: 01-03-2009 09:31.

01-03-2009 09:31 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: >:D

How about for 1 month the top 20 clans disband and those clan leaders mustnt recreate a clan kus their vamps will just flock back to them!!

This way there is no alliances, no pacts and thus a lot more free attacks.. not saying that 2 clans arnt allowed to gang up on another.. and it definatly should only be a temporary thing.. the clans will/can reform whenever they like

To mark all the participating clans, the clan name could have a spcial character in it like a cross or this ™

I think the only rule should be NO takeovers.. as its just for fun and boasting.. if anyone does, we can create a clan at the end.. called somthing silly like the avengers with the only aim to retake the squares taken during this peacefull war??

So.. to sum up..

• As many clans as possable disbanded for {hopefully} 1 month
  • New clans rise, old clan leaders shouldnt be leaders or deputies
  • NO takeovers, just for fun war
  • No limited/no attacking agreements.. doing an expo?? So what? Its war lol
  • Limit the alliances to 1/2 per clan
  • Place a special character in the clan name to keep track of particiapating clans
  • Every clan should make a thread in the offtopic/trophy section with their wins AND losses to keep track at end
  • After {hopfully} 1 month the bigs clans can reform

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-03-2009 10:00 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

"Place a special character in the clan name to keep track of particiapating clans"

Or just have WAR CLAN 1 or something basic no special names Big Grin I'm tempted to start a war clan now lol

01-03-2009 10:18 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
How about for 1 month the top 20 clans disband and those clan leaders mustnt recreate a clan kus their vamps will just flock back to them!!

This way there is no alliances, no pacts and thus a lot more free attacks.. not saying that 2 clans arnt allowed to gang up on another.. and it definatly should only be a temporary thing.. the clans will/can reform whenever they like

To mark all the participating clans, the clan name could have a spcial character in it like a cross or this ™

I think the only rule should be NO takeovers.. as its just for fun and boasting.. if anyone does, we can create a clan at the end.. called somthing silly like the avengers with the only aim to retake the squares taken during this peacefull war??

So.. to sum up..

• As many clans as possable disbanded for {hopefully} 1 month
  • New clans rise, old clan leaders shouldnt be leaders or deputies
  • NO takeovers, just for fun war
  • No limited/no attacking agreements.. doing an expo?? So what? Its war lol
  • Limit the alliances to 1/2 per clan
  • Place a special character in the clan name to keep track of particiapating clans
  • Every clan should make a thread in the offtopic/trophy section with their wins AND losses to keep track at end
  • After {hopfully} 1 month the bigs clans can reform

will never happen, no1 wants to risk upsetting the comfortable monotany that is clan alliances Tongue and no1 wants to risk their square

And adding a war button should cause thet much lag, but it isnt needed either, all we need is some1 to seige for a square Tongue
01-03-2009 11:20 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Lol - if nothing else, I just wanna sign in one day & find the "WAR" button on my page....... oooh the temptation to push it!! Big Grin

What would happen? Will it make everyone turn psycho & naked & homicidal?

Or will it just open another page that says: "In order to start a War, you must spend 30 days of premium." Frown Tongue

AudT - still bored? Yeah, so am I of waiting for this patch that was gonna enable tournament / small poh clashes etc.... you know the one. Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-03-2009 12:26 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

Ive an idea.. lets form a clan that sieges for fun!! A no permission fast attack type clan!! We can stir everyone out of their hold onto peace.. kus a war sounds pretty good while we wait for the .... patch =D

I vote Titan to be the leader!! Pleased

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-03-2009 12:48 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Beatrice
unregistered

hang on what about me Big Grin

haha i'm better than aud hehehehehehe

<3
love ya really aud :p

B xx
01-03-2009 13:07
Apollo
The Light

lol DD I'm up for joining that let me just buy a shuriken first lmao

01-03-2009 16:38 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Anyone???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH