Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Weapons » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Weapons
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
izthemasterqq

Registration Date: 05-05-2007
Clan: -DB-

Angry Weapons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very simple. The effects of agility are TOO GREAT. You have 1 handed melee weapons that give high agility like +16 (So if you have 2, that's +32 altogether!). This gives people who use melee weapons a big advantage (Which is why they wouldn't agree with me =p) agaist ranged and gun weapons, especially ranged weapons because, some 2-handed guns give perception bonus (ie. sniper rifle: +Cool , but even then, it's no where near as much as Agility.

Also, i've seen quite a few rings and amulets that raise agility (and strength for that matter), but i've never seen 1 that raises Perception...so again, major dis-advantage there, because you can get your Agillity up alot higher than Perception, due to the extra items- (The highest Agility i've seen was 119, but the highest Perception was only 54!).

Because of this, many people have moved over to melee weapons, but others havn't because they have ranged-weapon tattoos (Me being 1 of them), and since you can't change tattoos, it would be a waste of money as well as a waste of the chance to get melee tattoos.

But i have a few suggestions on how to reduce this unfair advantage:

1) Reduce the effect of Agility
2) Increase the effect of Perception (ie. to cancel out or equal out Agility).
3) Give Ranged and Gun weapons higher Perception bonus.
4) Get Rings and Amulets that increase Perception.
5) Make it possible to change tattoo types (For a fee obviously).

Lol, i have a feeling this idea will get thrown back in my face, but oh well. Q

Edit:- I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. If it is, please transfer it to the right 1 or close it. I thought this forum was about complaint about the game, not offenses by other players, but now i kNOw LT and I will stop.

Reborn. I will rise again. My Nick: dark_figure

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by izthemasterqq: 05-29-2007 14:31.

05-29-2007 12:29 izthemasterqq is offline Search for Posts by izthemasterqq Add izthemasterqq to your Buddy List
DrGreenthumb
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-52.png

Registration Date: 02-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: [..l..]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Moved to "Game system"

1. There are rings with perception: Sunny/Hawk's and few more
2. This is normal u can't get 150 perception:
a) chance for succefull ambush would be 30% everytime
b) stats for "tasks & exedition bosses" had to be changed
3. Lots of ranged weapon sufixes give u perception and agility [like Dryad or Wolf]
4. You dont have to have perception to fight with ranged Smile just agility
5. There may be chance for delete tatoos soon Smile
6. sorry for my english Big Grin

sorry for my english xD
05-29-2007 14:42 DrGreenthumb is offline Homepage of DrGreenthumb Search for Posts by DrGreenthumb Add DrGreenthumb to your Buddy List
izthemasterqq

Registration Date: 05-05-2007
Clan: -DB-

Thread Starter Thread Started by izthemasterqq
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok thank's for info. I'll be waiting on the tattoo-deleting update then. =)

Reborn. I will rise again. My Nick: dark_figure
05-29-2007 14:44 izthemasterqq is offline Search for Posts by izthemasterqq Add izthemasterqq to your Buddy List
DrGreenthumb
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-52.png

Clan: [..l..]

But i dont know if it will be at 100% Smile only Admins know it

sorry for my english xD
05-29-2007 14:45 DrGreenthumb is offline Homepage of DrGreenthumb Search for Posts by DrGreenthumb Add DrGreenthumb to your Buddy List
Hyperborean
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-02-2007

And how are you supposed to delete a permanent tattoo? Nope, not a good idea. You made the wrong one, tough luck. There should be some irrevocable choices determining your future. It cannot get that easy.

Besides, I have reasonably high Dexterity (nothing like Dr. Green, though), and I'm easy to kill with firearms. You just need have like 60 def, so that I don't hack you with my toys in the meantime.
05-29-2007 17:47 Hyperborean is offline Search for Posts by Hyperborean Add Hyperborean to your Buddy List
jordanrazor

Registration Date: 06-07-2007

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Evil
06-07-2007 22:50 jordanrazor is offline Search for Posts by jordanrazor Add jordanrazor to your Buddy List
Death12
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-11-2007

I do agree that guns and melee weapons are roughly equal ( though it is easy for a fighter to upgrade perception to 40 or so to dodge many attacks form guns, but it is very hard for a gunman to upgrade his agility to 100 to dodge many melee attacks)

However thought they are both roughly balenced ranged weapons are impossible to use, most people cnnot upgrade there agility to 60 as well as their perception, which is what you need to hit anyone in a big siege. Most people who want to use ranged weapons are forced to dump them at level 18 (when they start becomin useless) most go to melee weapons even thought their character is not suted to that and a few go to guns. To me this is a clear un balence in the game, how can a guy using a bow hit a dragon that has 148 agility and 87 perception?

Furthermore they are all two handedmeaning bonus like the one from two melee weapons are very hard to come by, guns also have a lack of bonuses.

as another point i also find that Thoughtcatchers are underpowered compared to other races, apart from 10 luck they get no help in sieges or exporditions unlike all other races. I can only abumsh beatmaster of a lower rank than me cos they have so much health.
06-07-2007 23:34 Death12 is offline Search for Posts by Death12 Add Death12 to your Buddy List
Zeruel
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-70.jpg

jordanrazor, warn for spamming

06-08-2007 04:50 Zeruel is offline Search for Posts by Zeruel Add Zeruel to your Buddy List
Elisabeth
Lord

Registration Date: 03-17-2007

The most unbalanced weapons are 2 handed melee weapons. They have to big requirement and if you need to use them then you need to sacrifice agility. When you do it you can't beat most of vampires.
Ranged weapons are fine. You forget that they have huge hit bonus. Don't forget that melee weapons have only few suitable for fighting surfix (suicide and emperor). If you find ranged weapon with good surfix. Compare ranged xxx of venegnce with 1 handed or 2 handed melee weapon with the same surfix.

If something need to be changed that is the requirement of 2 handed weapons.
06-08-2007 07:06 Elisabeth is offline Search for Posts by Elisabeth Add Elisabeth to your Buddy List
KingdomOfHeaven

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

UP

/SPAM - DrGreeenthumb/

06-10-2007 10:25 KingdomOfHeaven is offline Search for Posts by KingdomOfHeaven Add KingdomOfHeaven to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Weapons

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH