Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Upgrading p5 - lucky people » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Upgrading p5 - lucky people 6 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.506 Votes - Average Rating: 8.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
OMGitsALex

Registration Date: 02-10-2010

Upgrading p5 - lucky people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've seen a huge fight between Alyat and Vlade on global chat about upgrading items to p5 and luck and the idea that some of bw players are cheating or just having a god up there to give them luck more than it should.

It makes u really wonder if they're right or not ...
As far as i've heard Vlade made more than 10 p5 items... Not a problem with that ... he said he paid a lot for them ... SO... 1. he was damn luck or 2. hes right and he paid a lot for them... and trying a lot finnaly gets there ... not for me thow.. or i havent tryed a lot yet... depends what a lot means.

So. he spent a lot for his upgrades.. but where did he had stones from ? Lets see:
Attacks : 12892
Arena: Experience gained 1769365
Easy Quests: 18505 won
Medium Quests: 6968
Hard quests: 2657
This is vlade...

I dont need to say cezar has over 23k attacks and 18232 hard quests won and he doesnt have a p5 set.
So... its hard for me to understand how many good drops had Vlade in those 2657 hard quests won.. so he could sell and get the stones to upgrade those items...

Wanna talk about enchants too ? Some people, u know who or u can spy to see.. have 4-5 good enchants. Some of us still trying on slums and horace since they've brought this thing to the game.
I do admit. BOS is winning any hill level. DB doesnt. But we do win slums and horace and we cant move over cuz we dont have enchants from there.

The point is ?
Some of us have more luck. Fair enough..
I'm premium account since almost a year i guess... but i wont put my money in this game anymore... and the reason is simple ... i cant get top account cuz im not lucky.
And this luck we're talking about will never change.

Cheers !

Alex @ DB

01-19-2014 10:35 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
lightboy
Double Ace

Registration Date: 05-17-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, this game is about luck. I am still trying to get 1 perception enchant, best so far is +20 knowledge...

And Vlade is a lucky guy, but he has worked to obtain the stones. For example he has done a lot of merges to sell the final items. Ppl is lazy and prefer to overpay final item than to merge themselves. Also Vlade has an awesome expo team, they can do 4 man Wendigos, which means more exp and more stones.

01-19-2014 10:46 lightboy is offline Search for Posts by lightboy Add lightboy to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have never trusted the RNG anyway. Seeing the amount to of 80% quests that fail in a row and even with upgrades is ridiculous.

We've been told before that its all individual. So an 80% upgrade passes.. the next is a fresh start of 80% not 80% of the next 10 upgrades.

I also want a dev to confirm that they are 110% sure that the "Hunt" option from expos are correct, on Necro my last 3 hunt options on a golem expo have all been medusa. 9 Golem / 2 Medusa / 1RNR. 12 mobs is is about an 8% chance of getting a medusa if this game really does work on random %.. twice in a row.. maybe.. 3 times.. not a chance.

I've seen reports from UW that also has had Basilisk / XR reports that are also hunts yet they end up with the highest mob.. With Basilisk for example it is 5 Basil 1 Wendy it is a 16.66% chance for a Wendy to appear yet they show up a lot of the time.. This seems to be a common occurrence especially when there are no basil left and only a Wendy and you start a hunt..

This all ties in with the RNG and the luck of the game.. Is this really luck.. There is a lot of upgrade reports I've seen where maybe 6 times in a row an item will go from Normal +1 - Good +1 fine and EVERY time fail at G+2.. There seems to be a pattern with a lot of upgrades. Are the items on a set course? And the more stones we pump into them the closer they will get to being P+5? Or is this just a strange coincidence..
01-19-2014 10:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Registration Date: 10-19-2012

This topic is so stupid that it's even hard to commment...

Ces:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=866e23e66a

and he has also elvish kilt i think which is p5.

and i have zero usefull enchatnts - maybe this is the reason of my "luck" with upgrades.... (U see effects not the total cost)

Have a nice day.
01-19-2014 11:01 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
OMGitsALex

Thread Starter Thread Started by OMGitsALex

LOL i've forgot about z1 items 60% pref , suf , 40% luck:

You can see the chest contains: Good Shirt of the Apprentice!

U all know this things Happy
Amuses me Happy

01-19-2014 11:06 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: DB

The screaming room

01-19-2014 11:12 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-997.jpg

Registration Date: 12-22-2010
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher

its really not balanced

luck is not similar for every player

some have advantages in upgrading by luck

if players use same amount of stones for upgrading it should be more or less similar in results maybe 2-3 differences in getting p5 items

but if some get 10 p5 and other none with same stoneuse
then is something wrong

i personaly think that some player are used for balancing beta test
choosen by IP
astonishing that most of the lucky boyz have polish IP
same with best enchants

devs should regulate that quickly otherwise many player will quit

like me i am tired of seeing that chars same lvl like me running around with 2 full p5 sets while i still have to use low equip cause i am just unlucky

there is no skill in pushing the upgradebutton

i have best possible endgamegear in my amory and only thing i have to do in game is upgrading and it is such a shame that just stuid luck prevents to imrpove

i want same chances for all or make it possible to upgrade with ritual

do something very fast or server will completly die!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-19-2014 14:55.

01-19-2014 14:52 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

if you buy lottery ticket you got same chance as others, someone got more luck and win, you lose. how can it be more equal ?

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

01-19-2014 15:01 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Vlade_

I think that Alayat and Alex do not understand how RNG works... We all have the same chance but still there will be ppl with more luck than others.

Let put it this way:

U have 50% chance that doesn't mean that it is granted. U can have 1% and someone can have 99%,...

Pliz read that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

CheersSmile
01-19-2014 15:14 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

if this happen once is that ok

but if same person wins 10 times in lottery its a bit strange^^

01-19-2014 15:16 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

vlade i know how rng works

but this will not explain the differnences why some are lucky all the time and other never

if u get your 10 p5 i should have at least 7 p5 reached

that means same chances cause in statistical calculations
means same chance that the results are more equal over the time

but here i dont see that at all

01-19-2014 15:22 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Vlade_

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
vlade i know how rng works

quote:
Originally posted by alyat
if u get your 10 p5 i should have at least 7 p5 reached

I think that U do not understand. There is no must, how told U how many tries U have to make before U reach 50%? This is the same as with dice. What is the chance that U will throw 1 for 20 times in a row? and does it mean that it is impossible?Smile

btw. my yesterday's signet went up with 5th attempt. Just for the record.
01-19-2014 15:28 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

i think u dont understand vlade

the probability should near each other over time if there are same chance for all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_distribution

and this is defnatly not like the bw rng works

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-19-2014 15:40.

01-19-2014 15:36 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

i try to explain u quite simple

if we have a coin we have 50% chance for head

if we throw coin 10000 times we have 10000x 50% to get head

so u throw 10000 i throw 10000

result shoud from statistic similar with small differnences
like u 6500x head and me 5000x head

but if u get 9000x head and me 500x head

then is something wrong
maybe your coin is bit stronger on the other side so that the headside will come more often

do u understand now?

01-19-2014 15:58 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Vlade_

Should but it can differ.... That's the point
01-19-2014 16:57 Vlade_ is offline Search for Posts by Vlade_ Add Vlade_ to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Vlade_
Should but it can differ.... That's the point

yes meaning is "should" and if it isnt something is wrong

math dont lie my friend Wink

thats the real point

01-19-2014 17:05 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

alyat, do you know the difference between should and must? Please double check that before you say that something's wrong.

If you throw a coin up a billion times there's a chance that you'll get a billion tails.
There's no such thing as "Oh, it's a head. The next one must be tails.". It's always "Oh, it's a head. There's a 50% chance the next one will be tails.".
It's head again? Repeat "Oh, it's a head. There's a 50% chance the next one will be tails."

quote:
Originally posted by OMGitsALex
The point is ?
Some of us have more luck. Fair enough..
I'm premium account since almost a year i guess... but i wont put my money in this game anymore... and the reason is simple ... i cant get top account cuz im not lucky.
And this luck we're talking about will never change.

This always makes me extremely angry. Nowhere in the description of premium account is stated that you have better chances than other players. You only get a couple of extra opportunities that can still go wrong.

Never, ever mention the fact that you're paying for premium account. There's a list of features on the premium account page and complain only if something's different than on the list. In every single other case, without exceptions, premium account has nothing to do with it and it never will.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-19-2014 19:35 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
alyat
Double Ace

quite sadly if math rules will not understand
but ok if u wanna have it like that.....

bw is now like every cheap mobilephone game where i just need to be brainleess and to press a button.... Frown

if u are choosen u will reach other have to wait
when lucky ppl got all gear ready maybe u change then your system^^

poor bw community

alyat out

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-20-2014 11:23.

01-20-2014 11:15 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

One day you will be lucky too Wink

Until then the rest of us just go meh maybe next time.

01-20-2014 13:49 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
alyat
Double Ace

dont think so

this stupid thing destroyed all fun i had in game

and after burning 14 month every earned stone for nothing
i think i will delete char soon

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by alyat: 01-20-2014 14:48.

01-20-2014 14:27 alyat is offline Search for Posts by alyat Add alyat to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

there are loads of people in the same situation....

at least you have one at p5 Wink some of us cant even hit p3.

its pure luck thats all.

and watch the language Wink

01-20-2014 21:28 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
OMGitsALex

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=0c6fab6cd3

LOL !

01-29-2014 18:33 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
Zenno

Registration Date: 04-20-2013

quote:
Originally posted by OMGitsALex
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=0c6fab6cd3

LOL !

He has spent a shed ton of stones lately.
01-29-2014 21:21 Zenno is offline Search for Posts by Zenno Add Zenno to your Buddy List
OMGitsALex

I know.. we didnt.. .at all.. we just save em there for the good days.

01-30-2014 07:52 OMGitsALex is offline Search for Posts by OMGitsALex Add OMGitsALex to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of OMGitsALex: omfgits_alex
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Upgrading p5 - lucky people

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH