Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » KotH Strategy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page KotH Strategy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: -END-

KotH Strategy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This new mode, while giving us more to do, is infuriatingly difficult most of the time. Let's get discussing how to beat this thing!

I've been experimenting lately and found some things that seem to work.

Myself, I've been working on tanking damage, I'll post successes and failures in here for discussion.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=ec3ce250fa not sure how much of this one is lucky mobs, but it worked.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c06a7712d4 this was another 2-man, got tickled to death by double Lesser Spawn. In a few days I should be able to up my defence even further (460-500 range with disposable).

Here's my thinking for a 3 man team.

Aggressive Striker
High Agility Mellee, or high Agi/Per Ranged. Hopefully getting cheese kills before mobs can start spamming attacks, but they're extra important start of round 2 to finish off wounded mobs before they start attacking again.

Big Hitter
A scary Black Knight or gun user. Probably Heavy Ranged too (not got much experience with them, was on a break when the changes came in). They should be the opposite of your Tank in case it becomes relevant to have mixed weapon types.

Active Tank

By 'active' I mean make sure you're dealing damage. Don't just sit there like a lemon, no matter how much staying power that would give you everyone needs to contribute which gives you a secondary role as a sweeper since you will likely strike last and get to pick off wounded mobs before the next round. Try to compliment your Big Hitter with a different weapon type. Boost HP and max out defence (there are spam attack mobs that just bounce off of heavy armour, best disposable is probably Gargoyle's Mask because of this).

KotH mobs (early ones anyway) have low Agi and Per, then have cheese abilities to go first and still hit people. This gives you some leeway to up damage and defence over maxing your ability to hit like on normal expeditions.

USE MAX ARCANA AND A DISPOSABLE. Laziness will lose you a KotH, these are Hard Mode even in a low spawning. Provided you win you should be getting plenty of PoH back so a big disposable is viable here.

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-05-2014 14:22 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

most combinations of teams will work, on the proviso someone isn't despicably bad for their level you're good to go 9 times out of ten.

04-05-2014 15:15 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » KotH Strategy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH