Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Spam postings » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spam postings 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
souvik
Double Ace

Registration Date: 09-24-2013
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: CoS

Spam postings Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the last few months, more than game-related posts, we are seeing mindless and meaningless posts made by BOTs in the forums. Not only that it affects the visuals of the forum, it is misleading too as it contains links that drags the surfer away from the BW domain.

In previous posts it has been claimed that such entries are regularly deleted but the point of concern is these postings are made on daily basis so only deleting the posted ones are not the best way to stop this menace I believe. It would be better to STOP the postings in a manner that won't disturb the regular visitors.

I propose an idea to do so.

1> Every post must be made after the completion of a captcha.

2> None but a valid BW member be allowed to register in the forum.

3> Since it has been found that in most cases the misleading links redirect towards websites away from this domain, an automated script may be implemented that auto-deletes any thread that has an URL leading away from BW domain.

4> Apart from mods, senior members be allowed the power of "HIDING" a thread which is a suspected spam so that only the mods may see them and permanently delete them or un-hide for the future.

P.S: I think this is not possibly the most suitable section to post this thread but indeed the topic I mentioned is a part of the looks of the forum so decided to post it in here. Any admin may put this in proper section if necessary.
Thanks for reading.
- Souvik -

04-18-2014 15:46 souvik is offline Search for Posts by souvik Add souvik to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have really tried many things to get rid of the spammers, but there seems to be no solution (at least Konrad hasn't found one yet). The main problem with the "bots" is that they are actually real people so they would very easily get past most security measures.

04-20-2014 16:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Spam postings

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH