Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Pillory » Pillory - R2 Necropolis » ACCOUNT SITTING 43815 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page 43815 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

43815 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ID 43815
Posta Drunkenmagic
Login slickricknz

Returning to an account that was given away = permanent ban

05-08-2014 21:32 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
IGN Drunkenmagic

Registration Date: 05-29-2013

Re: 43815 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can you please explain why this is an offence and why it constitutes a ban?

I cannot see how I would gain any unfair advantage by giving away an account and then returning to it, especially when the guy I gave it too only logged in a couple of times.

I did not intend to do anything underhanded here. I made a mistake giving away my account and I just wanted to return to the game without having to start from scratch.

I respect your judgement and understand that rules must be enforced, so I accept my permanent ban and I will not return to the game.

A reasonable explanation for the ban would be nice though.
05-08-2014 21:46 IGN Drunkenmagic is offline Search for Posts by IGN Drunkenmagic Add IGN Drunkenmagic to your Buddy List
IGN Drunkenmagic

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Below are the rules I agreed to when I signed up. Which one have I broken?

§4 Prohibited actions
I. It is prohibited to use any mechanisms or software in connection with the game that may interfere with operations of the server in any other way than allowed by the the authors of the game.
II. It is prohibited to interfere with communication between the administrator and users and to pretend to be any of the operators of the game, owners or any other persons acting on behalf of BW Team.
III. It is prohibited to use BloodWars in any other way than through a web browser.
IV. Any automatically updating or substituting user's actions applications (i.e. so called bots) are prohibited.
V. It is prohibited to exploit any programming or server errors. When detecting such error user is obliged to immediately report such error to the game administrator along with as many information on said error as the user can provide.
VI. Any actions with object of preventing or significantly hindering other players' gameplay through causing excessive stress on technical capacities are prohibited. This refers mainly to dDos attacks or to forcing in any other way constant, prolonged data flow
between user's computer and the server.
VII. Premium accounts/codes are of material value and therefore exchanging them for in-game virtual valuables (i.e. squares, items, stones etc.) is prohibited.
VIII. It is prohibited to create multi-accounts.
Multi-accounting is the usage of more than one account by one user on the same Bloodwars realm.
A sufficient reason for accusation of multi-accounting is the usage of more than one account from the same IP number or the same computer on the same Bloodwars server. Logging from one computer is identified by the administrator with system identification devices and user's computer on the grounds of data sent in http headers to BloodWars server and session data.
VIIIa. If more than one person from one IP address wishes to play on the same server all persons in question are obliged to report that fact to the operator of the server or, in case of impossibility of the former, to the administrator immediately after creating a character. Such a report may be made by one person, but it has to contain logins of all persons using the same IP address that the reporting person is aware of.
VIIIb. If this obligation is not fulfilled, the administration or the operator is entitled to block ALL accounts using one IP address on the same server.
VIIIc. Reporting a multi-account does not allow you to break point IX.
IX. Push and pull actions are prohibited.
Push/pull - is:
a. notorious transfer of items or points from one account to another resulting in abnormal progress of the character,
b. attacking one's own characters and manipulating with fight results,
c. manipulating with trade transaction results.
d. Push - situation defined in subsections from a to c when a party that benefits is a player higher in the ranking.
e. Pull - situation defined in subsections from a to c when a party that benefits is a
player lower in the ranking.
X. It is prohibited for one person to join several characters to one siege.
Push and Pull actions are prohibited and punished with ban on all accounts involved according to rules in §2 Registration.
05-08-2014 21:57 IGN Drunkenmagic is offline Search for Posts by IGN Drunkenmagic Add IGN Drunkenmagic to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Punishment list

05-08-2014 22:14 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

a. Multi account - permanent ban/account deletetion
Exceptions:
- entering an account to send a character on vacation
- after sending a report to the operator it is allowed for two people to play from the same IP address

b. Account sitting - ban (48h to permanent)

c. Account commerce - permanent ban
d. Offensive nickname - nickname change + 5 day ban
e. Pushing - ban (7 days to permanent)

05-08-2014 22:15 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
IGN Drunkenmagic

Account sitting - Several Players using 1 account.

This account has only ever been used buy 1 player at any given time.

Permanent Ban seems pretty harsh.
05-08-2014 22:21 IGN Drunkenmagic is offline Search for Posts by IGN Drunkenmagic Add IGN Drunkenmagic to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

In your opinion maybe

Basically they see it as you gave the account away temporarily and came back to it after someone looked after it etc etc

05-08-2014 22:48 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
IGN Drunkenmagic

I gave it to a guy that I'd never talked to before that lives on the other side of the world to me. It was intended to be permanent, but he didn't use it so I asked for it back.

The messages between our forum accounts will show that.
05-08-2014 22:52 IGN Drunkenmagic is offline Search for Posts by IGN Drunkenmagic Add IGN Drunkenmagic to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

I believe one of the mods has already explained it to you and you still took the account back. Giving away your account and then using it again is considered account sitting.

05-09-2014 07:04 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Pillory » Pillory - R2 Necropolis » ACCOUNT SITTING 43815

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH