Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » Declaration of War » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Who do you think will win this war?
Vault 13 [V13] 42 55.26%
The Source [Source] 34 44.74%
Total: 76 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Declaration of War 6 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.006 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Declaration of War Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Source vrs V13

Source vs Vault 13
1 : 4

1. http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=4857a09946
2. http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2932bfea99
3. http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b698ccda66
4. http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=12dd530bac
5. http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f6b9e15ac9

After several minutes... er, I mean hours of diplomatic negotiations between our
clans, we have decided to have a 7 day war.

Points of Respect - the aim is simple:
7 sieges in 7 days, the winner of the most sieges gets to ridicule the other on this
thread. Big Grin

The Art of Warfare - the rules are also simple:
1) Each siege is open to all members of the Source & V13.

2) Each siege will be for resources - no square take overs.

3) Mercs will be allowed into the clans, but no-one who is in the top 20 of the rankings (sorry guys & gals, but it could create uneven advantages).

4) There will be no "leveling out" of the siege by either side. The number (or
point totals) of the people in the siege will be dependent on how much the clans
want to win.

5) There will not be organized "farming" of any clan members, by either of the
clans involved or allied parties. This is war, but it is an amicable experiment
to try & promote a new aspect of fun in the game.

The 1st siege is planned for Monday 26th January. Someone
from either of the clans will be posting results of each siege as they finish.

WAAAAAAAR! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-21-2009 20:35 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: find it

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hehehe.. nice going Smile

can wait for the result. we should make a poll on who might win Tongue

01-21-2009 21:13 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Poll added Tongue

And I'll keep this thread up to date by editing the first post and adding siege reports Wink

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

01-21-2009 21:17 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
minshres
Viking

that was quick. ok lets vote Big Grin

but isnt it a abit unfair? there is like 2k point difference :/

01-21-2009 21:20 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well, it'll be a shame for them to win with us 7 times and it will be a glory for us to defeat them with 4 victories Tongue

01-21-2009 21:26 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
minshres
Viking

RE: Declaration of War Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
The Source vrs V13

3) Mercs will be allowed into the clans, but no-one who is in the top 20 of the rankings (sorry guys & gals, but it could create uneven advantages).

does this apply only for merc or the members of the clan in the top 20?

01-21-2009 21:36 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007

Mercs Only, We thought it would make it a little unbalanced if you got any of the big hitters in as mercs. Anyone who is normally affiliated with the source from the top 20 is more than welcome to help them out though.
01-21-2009 21:42 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
minshres
Viking

so if i joined source what would i be considered as? merc or affiliated with source part?

01-21-2009 21:55 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
DemonDude2
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1081.jpg

Registration Date: 11-18-2008
Clan: >:D

I voted for V13!! I dont no either clan in much detail, but i do V13 has natedogg and few more good rangers!!

Cant wait to see the results too!! Great idea, but its even better that yous are going through with it!! =D

'Imagine waking up, and finding out you have the wrong blankey'

01-21-2009 22:03 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

I'd say affiliated, but then it would turn into a db-bos war if we don't have a certain limit as were affiliated with bos and the source with db and this is for clan pride mainly not who are allies are

01-21-2009 22:05 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

A merc i would have said. Cthulhu and Evan know who has been affiliated to them in the past, so i guess it would be up to them to invite those people to help if they choose to.

The idea of this "war" was just to have a little fun, thats why me & Cthulhu decided on the no top 20 merc thing, as then it starts getting a little too serious.

Obviously not everyone from each clan will join all the sieges, people may be away, or have POH they don't want to risk. So it's anyone's guess as to who will win, After the first siege, if someone gets POH, they may feel that they want to skip the next 2 sieges to spend their points, that gives the other clan a chance to win as they may well have the stronger side. It should even itself out i think.
01-21-2009 22:06 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
minshres
Viking

ok, then i guess i am not allowed. WELL GET IN THEIR SOURCE Big Grin ALL MY SUPPORT IS TO YOUR GUYS AND GIRLS Wink

@ Nayrlien

there used to siege between BC and source. both the clan used to go all out even when they had poh most of the time. so dont expect source to back down jus cause they have poh. this is war part of fun. poh can be earned but a loss is a loss. hehehe

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 01-21-2009 22:15.

01-21-2009 22:12 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Nayrlien

I totally agree mate, and will be in every single siege wether i have POH or not, But some people play the game for POH, just so they can get more points and progress up the rankings faster, nothing wrong with that, so they may opt out of a couple of sieges...But hopefully not :-)
01-21-2009 22:22 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well, from the current top 20 only minshres would be accepted as original Source member. Llianna was with us too but she has left a loooong time ago while minshres visited us and stayed with us longer than several expos several times Wink

01-21-2009 22:58 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Nayrlien

In that case i stand corrected Wink , Affiliate not merc :-) It's up to you and Cthulhu who joins on your side, so i guess Minshres would be a legitimate top 20 merc Smile
01-21-2009 23:07 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Cthulhu
Viking

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cthulhu

Wow - I can't believe this thread made a poll... awesome. Big Grin

@Minshres - don't you worry, we will never back down, never surrender! Waaaaar! Tongue

The Source are born again hard, baby! Frosty to the core... Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-22-2009 00:10 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

War has no rules Wink

01-22-2009 00:19 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
nemoralis
Harsh mistress

images/avatars/avatar-397.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Clan: Vault 13

Argh Source were my first clan and now i'm in V13-this is complicated Frown

01-22-2009 01:27 nemoralis is offline Search for Posts by nemoralis Add nemoralis to your Buddy List
joshk
Double Ace

Registration Date: 02-15-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: DB

I stay loyal to Vault 13 even though im no longer there

If you must Cheat, Cheat Death.
And if you must Drink, Drink in only the moments that take your breath away.
01-22-2009 08:44 joshk is offline Search for Posts by joshk Add joshk to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of joshk: joshk1995@yahoo.co.uk View the MSN Profile for joshk
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
War has no rules Wink

Suggested reading -
Six Secret Strategic Teachings - Jiang Ziya
The Methods of the Ssu-ma
The Art of War - Sun-tzu
Three Strategies - Huang Shih-kung
On War - Carl von Clausewitz
War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
The 33 Strategies of War - Robert Greene
Arthashastra - Kautilya & Visnugupta

Maybe not "rules" but definite "guidelines".

I'm still on the first chapter of the first book...... NoOb War Monger! Tongue Big Grin

Or to quote someone Diablo & a few other's will recognise:-
"I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!!!" Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 01-22-2009 08:54.

01-22-2009 08:53 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

I want to participate!!!!
Well, looks like I'm not allowed.
Go V13 go go go!

01-22-2009 09:15 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

V13 all the way Cool

i may come lend a hand.... fancy a decent ranger at some point lads?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

01-22-2009 09:32 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

quote:
1) Each siege is open to all members of the Source & V13.

2) Each siege will be for resources - no square take overs.

4) There will be no "leveling out" of the siege by either side. The number (or
point totals) of the people in the siege will be dependent on how much the clans
want to win.

5) There will not be organized "farming" of any clan members, by either of the
clans involved or allied parties. This is war, but it is an amicable experiment
to try & promote a new aspect of fun in the game.

These are pre agreed rules between two opposing sides. Hardly the same as Sun-tzu's Art of War

01-22-2009 12:46 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
These are pre agreed rules between two opposing sides. Hardly the same as Sun-tzu's Art of War

If u had ever read the book, youd no that he talks about weaknesses in preplanned agreements to battle, knowing who will and who wont honor the agreements made!! Ive only read the start, but even that is a great read!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude2: 01-22-2009 13:32.

01-22-2009 13:28 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well, breaking the rules will result in loosing the war Smile

01-22-2009 13:55 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DemonDude2
Lord

thats a good idea!!

Who decides if the rule was broken?

i.e. v13 take a merc in that they think is long term member, but source dosnt? Or vice-versa??

You could gather your teams before hand, Send out messages to all the people you think of as home players, then start??

Just to compleatly take out the top 20 merc thing!!

01-22-2009 16:04 DemonDude2 is offline Search for Posts by DemonDude2 Add DemonDude2 to your Buddy List
HamsterGod
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-633.jpg

Registration Date: 12-30-2008
Clan: HLL

Personally looking forward to the reports but I just hope it is something worth seeing and not a massacre from either side :-D

01-22-2009 21:22 HamsterGod is offline Search for Posts by HamsterGod Add HamsterGod to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
Originally posted by DemonDude2
thats a good idea!!

Who decides if the rule was broken?

i.e. v13 take a merc in that they think is long term member, but source dosnt? Or vice-versa??

You could gather your teams before hand, Send out messages to all the people you think of as home players, then start??

Just to compleatly take out the top 20 merc thing!!

I'm taking the current state as the official V13 team so that means two players from top 20 in V13.

In Source it's minshres only, but only if he wants to. He's not obligated to help us Wink

01-22-2009 23:06 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

Kobruk's coming back over as his v13 and was only swapping with Ermantil for a bit, but their's no one else in the top 20 who is

01-22-2009 23:49 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I'm Looking forward to seeing The Source kick the crap out of V13 Tongue

01-23-2009 05:56 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

quote:
Originally posted by Helldemon
Kobruk's coming back over as his v13 and was only swapping with Ermantil for a bit, but their's no one else in the top 20 who is

So I guess we're at an even greater disadvantage...

Looking at Kobruk's profile...
quote:
Brotherhood of Steel and V13, Now and Always!
[BoS]

He seems to be swapping between BoS and V13 pretty often. Smile

01-23-2009 06:23 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Hespera

Yeah!! That's more like the sort of responses I wanted to see on this post. Tongue Big Grin

As to messages regarding people in the sieges, blah, blah, blah - the whole point of this war was mutual fun & a change from the usual "organised" sieges, so let's keep it that way.

I trust that the leaders of our clan's will use their sensible & fair judgement in stating who is a regular member of their clan, & who is a merc.

We are The Source. We may be the underdogs (according to the poll), but we're gonna pull out V13's vampire teeth, put 'em on a string & present them to the prettiest mutant we meet in the Hatchery. Evil Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-23-2009 14:21 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
tatiana

Registration Date: 05-01-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

Kobruk switched in V13 in the same time i did, Nate and MMG. So HE is with V13. Still it's true that sometimes we swap on BOS to help etc. but i think V13 is our main home.
01-23-2009 16:53 tatiana is offline Search for Posts by tatiana Add tatiana to your Buddy List
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: The Fluffs

ooohh, I'm being debated Wink

I've been in V13 for much more time in the last 9 months or so than I have in BoS. I split my time supporting both of our clans but BoS hardly need my help too much, lol.

I'm all for a 'fair' war ???? as if such a thing exists, but in the interests of fair play and the spirit that this was intended I am prepared to sit it out if Source are scared, muahahaha Big Grin
01-23-2009 18:18 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

Well, it's your will to join the war, not ours Wink

01-23-2009 18:22 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Nayrlien

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
quote:
Originally posted by Hespera

We are The Source. We may be the underdogs (according to the poll), but we're gonna pull out V13's vampire teeth, put 'em on a string & present them to the prettiest mutant we meet in the Hatchery. Evil Tongue

There is only one thing that you'll be pulling C, and that's yourself off the floor Bud Tongue While you're down there though, can you clean the gutters out, I've heard thats what your best at Shocked

V13 all the way!!
01-23-2009 19:03 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Nayrlien

There is only one thing that you'll be pulling C, and that's yourself off the floor Bud Tongue While you're down there though, can you clean the gutters out, I've heard thats what your best at Shocked

V13 all the way!!

LoL - oh, I'll be cleaning sum tings there backwards boy... cleaning the floor with yo' raggerdy ass! Tongue Big Grin

@Kobruk - dude, ain't no fear on this side of the fence - bring it! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
01-23-2009 19:43 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Scyanide
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-29-2008
Clan: .DB.

you have my support Source :-) i am with you folks :-)
01-23-2009 23:41 Scyanide is offline Search for Posts by Scyanide Add Scyanide to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I want to see a good war. Hell I may come and join one side at soome point in the future.... I think we need more war. but that's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs Tongue

Still I think my money is on the source

Your imperfection.
01-24-2009 03:31 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

I have been campainging for fwar for agesssss, so i think il make my way over to source Big Grin if evan will take me Wink
01-24-2009 04:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » Declaration of War

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH